Post ya unbalanced systems!

Post ya unbalanced systems!

I feel sorry for your lots.

Why do you say that?

whats up with ram speeds in speccy btw

Speccy is shit. Everyone still uses it because it's the fastest way to get a quick view of system parts.

Its a glitch with speccy it runs at 1600Mhz

That's supposed to be 2400 right?
DDR = Double data rate
1197 x 2 = dang close to 2400

I think it's because the Summary tab in Speccy makes for a relatively small and simple image.

aye
and inb4 only 2400niggahurtz ram for ryzen, i bought it 1 week after launch before all the ram speed hype started

> Sup Forums board
> muh leenux
> everything is botnet (but not my chinkpad)
> speccy threads: 9 of 10 sit on wangblows ten

HWiNFO can also do that and actually gets updated. Speccy still doesn't even recognise DDR4 because it's basically abandonware.

haters gonna hate

I don't have speccy installed but I was running a r5 1600 / 850evo / 16GB at 3200mhz and my GPU was a x1300 series from a dell xps410.

580 showed up in the mail though.

why start a housefire over a 1060?

What the actual fuck were you thinking when getting/building this pc, bro.

Gayming.

This GPU is pointless since I only play Warcraft 3 anyway.

Enjoy your stutter.

OP here, I wanted a 1070, but they were all sold out. I settled for a 1080. I do a lot of photo editing and video editing also. Why did you ask that question?

Not rlly.
Nice house fire

You have nothing worth hating on.

king of bottlenecks coming through.

>Post ya unbalanced systems!
No.

How are my temps?

pro tier 16:10 monitor

It's not a glitch. Check your speeds in another tool or bios.

Might upgrade to Vega if it isn't complete trash.

>he is so poor that he doesnt even have a godtier 4:3 monitor
kek

can't, went full-balanced on purpose and sometimes I wish I bought an overpowered graphics card instead, gonna wait Volta and unleash the retard in me with a XX80 card

still rocking a 7970

Beyond due for an upgrade, getting a Ryzen before the end of the year

r8 n h8

How is that 2600k in your system with the 1080?

I was thinking of getting an i7 3770k cause I dont feel like changing the mobo but I dont wanna bottleneck anything.

can you get this on ubuntu

kek

deliberately including your lewd browser background because.......why?

top snip

:^)

6700k OC'd @4.5 (but doesn't show on Speccy for some reason).

I have a 3770k @ 4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 and game at 1440p.. Some games do get bottlenecked but not by much. It's a good CPU but not worth buying these days unless you can get it for at least less than half of a 7700k.

Fine. I have it at 4.7GHz and can still play anything. But then I only have a 60Hz monitor, so hitting 60fps is all I care about.

I'm with ya.

To be honest, this is only my guest/travel pc I'm using right now while I watch over my fathers house and puppers.

1080 is going in the x58 cube when I get home.

it's not shit you illiterate Sup Forumstard. It shows real clock, which is 1200MHz.
Because it's DDR (double data rate) it's 2400MT/s in reality. There is no such thing as 2400MHz memory on the market, you stupid nigger.
Fuck off back to

no sound =\

yes

CPU has an Scythe Shuriken cooler (50 degrees under load)
GPU is a XFX 7950 with a Artic Cooler 2 (70 degrees under load)

overkill much?

bought the gpu used as defect for €30 (cooler wasnt attachted tight enough)
Cooler came from an old FX-6100 Build

Mine looks unbalanced at first glance untill you see that I have a better gpu passed through.

not unbalanced
holy shit

idle temps for cpu are 30-40c
under moderate to full load 55-65c

why the fuck would you censor you OS?
or your (probably) intergrated graphics

are you literally mentally handicapped?

Im not the one censoring fucking speccy of all things

so yes then.
gotcha

sure thing safety helmet

>not unbalanced
huh

im factoring in that sli is useless half of the time

Speccy is shit though, you retard. It doesn't even recognise DDR4 properly. If you're a Piriform shill, update your fucking program, cunt. Otherwise just go back to Sup Forums.

Not really. It comes in handy for 1440p gaymen.

It almost doubles the FPS with all settings set to high.

Also wtf do you mean unbalanced?

dont really think this is unbalanced.

op says post unbalanced speccys, like weak cpu with beast gpu or vice versa. Your computer is well balanced.

Also, it boots from the USB drive because I fucked up the OS install

Oh shit. I need to exist this thread.

The only unbalance of my machine is the date.
The whole rest is just fine.(except for the CPU, but i could not find a Q6600 back then).

is there any game that really benefits from having 16GB instead of 8GB on a setup with 8GB GPU?
Last i heard it was only MEA, BF1 and Fallout 4 with hi-res texture pack that would recommend having 16GB but no confirmation of them actually using anything above 6-7GB of system RAM.
I have an opportunity to double RAM for relatively cheap, but not sure if it is actually required.

Everyone told me to get a 1080 instead of the 6700k so I guess it's unbalanced that way even if I personally think they're retarded.

Also, TIL speccy can't display 1070 specs properly. At least it at least recognizes the model unlike on my previous PC.

>8GB GPU
I'm sorry user but it's only 4GB
3,5GB to be precise

Clean ya laptop dude.

aand the Sup Forums is full of useless retards again

All cores are at constant 4.4ghz.
Kinda regretting not going for a R7 1700 but changing now would be dumb. We'll see in a few years I suppose.

what the actual fuck

It's definitely worth it. I () just played two games of BF1 earlier and those weren't even huge mods/maps and I got pic related. I still had Waterfox opened with a bunch of tabs, if I had only 8GB that means I'd have to close all my shits when gayming and that's just stupid if you have a good PC.

Go for 16GB, if that's not the norm as of today it'll definitely become the norm in a year or so. Also you should sell that i5 before Coffee Lake comes out and people are still clueless about how i5s suck and get a 6700 if possible.

I didn't wait™

My system feels kinda underpowered =(

how's this for unbalanced?

>60hz
fuck you doing nigga

Have you ever tried running a 3440x1440 screen? Even my old GTX 1080 couldn't reach 60FPS in most games.

best one ITT

>i5 7600k
Painful.

my 1070 gets 60fps+ in almost everything at regular 1440p, easily more if I tweak some settings.

I'd be extremely disappointed if 1080ti didn't do better at widescreen 1440p, also I'd much rather have a regular 1440p screen with higher refresh rate than a widescreen one at 60hz.

i tried to sir
but when i reached the final screw in the whole cleaning process it was already stripped so i couldn't change the thermal paste

My Frankenstein workstation.

is my understanding correct that, if DDR3 with 665MHz in speccy and dual-channel, then it means effective frequency is doubled and, because it's dual channel, doubled again?

Or dual channel only increases the bandwidth/read/write speed?

if i run my ddr4 at 3000mhz, it would show up in speccy as 1500mhz. you only double the number once.

uh, thanks, but that wasn't really the question - i do understand that you can multitask (i.e. just load more shit in background), which i have no interest in.
But rather, is there any game, besides mentioned previously, that effectively uses more than 6-7GB of RAM?
Mindlessly increasing RAM is just an excuse for shitty devs to not bother optimizing memory leakage in the future w/o actually improving visual fidelity/texture resolution/loading times.

then what does dual-channel mean?
My vague understanding that it just makes two sticks run the same way 2 hard drives run in RAID, which, considering the ridiculous read/write speeds of singular one, don't seem that useful.

Perhaps I just don't properly understand what the RAM frequency actually means (like, if it is just the amount of timec CPU can communicate with RAM per second, then how exactly it correlates with RAM read/write speeds etc.)