Sup, Sup Forums

sup, Sup Forums
I have an old 24-inch iMac early 2008; here are the current specs.
Processor:2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256MB
Software: OS X 10.9.5

Long story short; it's a piece of shit. I have a much better PC now, and I don't use the Mac at ALL. Me and a friend were talking about it a few days ago, and we jokingly wondered if it was possible to rig it to run much better - like a gaming PC. I don't know much - anything - about it, so I came here. I don't care if I break it accidentally, I just want to try - it sounds like it would be a fun time, it isn't worth money, and I don't use it anyways - best case scenario, I make it work for keks, and worst case I break it and toss it. I want to know if it's possible to upgrade the RAM, the Processor, the GPU, install an SSD, remove the OS and replace it with Windows 10, and give it a better cooling system. If any of this is possible, and if there is anything else that would work, let me know - it sounds fun and eh. Why not?

And before someone tells me to take it elsewhere, I just figured a few of you guys would get a kick out of it and be helpful.

>and I don't use the Mac at ALL

>LOL GUISE I DON'T USE THE SHITTY OLD MAC ANY MORE NO WAY NO HOW AREN'T MACS JUST SO GAY??? LOLOLOL LOONIX PLUS GANTOOOO XD IS I COOL YET? LOLOLOLOL XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sup Forums is NOT your fucking 24/7 tech support. If you can't figure it out on your own then FUCK OFF TO LE REDDIT, FAGGOT.

Install Gentoo.

Pretty much the only thing you can upgrade is the memory and storage. I'm almost 100% certain that the GPU is integrated into the actual board. Knowing apple the CPU is probably also soldered into the board.

>C2D
see if you can libreboot it

knowing apple the goddamn dram is probably soldered to the board

It's not that Macs are gay - it's just that they aren't really optimized for gaming, and the Mac is 9 years old.
I don't use LinuX at all, so kek
Don't have to prove myself cool to a bunch of strangers on the internet retard. But it looks like you do lmao

I understand that Sup Forums isn't my tech support - and I'm not asking it to be. I'm not asking how to do it, and I'm not asking them to give me a fucking instructional booklet on it. I'm willing to figure it out - and I am going to - but I'm asking if it is even possible, considering how difficult Apple makes it to modify their computers.
And fuck Reddit, nigger.

I could potentially just use my soldering iron to remove it without much pain involved

>if it was possible to rig it to run much better - like a gaming PC

Congrats, you can run Minecraft on minimum. Now fuck off.

as in there's no card, just literal memory cells on the circuit board.

yea i figured as much. I'm gonna crack it open tonight and see what's what in there, but I'm thinking that actually modifying the thing much is gonna require me entirely getting new shit and basically just using the Mac as a case and monitor. I'm not gonna invest much into it, but I'll have fun with it

o h
well that blows

Give Gentoo a shot, It's a pretty decent OS for gaming and I doubt you'll regret it.

oooo edgy

fair enough, thatll also save me money
i didnt really want to buy w10

>typing all that out just to respond to a troll
>I DON'T HAVE TO PROVE MYSELF
>LE FUCK REDDIT
>HAHA I SAID NIGGER ON THE INTERNET THAT MEANS I FIT IN!!!!

You have to be 18 or older to post here kiddo

Xd ok lol tryhard

List it up on craigslist. Advertise it as such:

24" iMac
2.8Ghz Intel processor
$900

>XD

Son you need to start getting ready for back to school time.....summer is almost over buddy.

look it up on ifixit. you can see from the teardown if you're gonna be able to put a different mobo in there. chances are you wont be able to do so.

thats not a nicey nice thing to do to your parents computer :/