/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required Viewings For Unsaved People:
youtube.com/watch?v=hycjHApNNOM

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uRYewAjfRDM
youtube.com/watch?v=p-tUvOIc7qo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Whats a good bug out watch to add to my kit and possibly wear around that costs less than 125 dollars?

your favorite gshock

But I don't know what my favorite is. Are the analogue and digital ones a meme or should I just get the all digital?

Pic and timestamp for proof

I was raped last night at a haloween party (femanon), the guy put xanax in my drink and fucked my while I slept in my own bed. I am on the pill but he did not use a condom and came inside me.

what are the odds I have herpes or syphilis or something?

do i have to go to the doc with no symptoms?

also how many men would do this?

please note that i live in Australia so the time zones are different

how much these go for? On a side note. Do you know of any good mechanical Pulsometer watches in the 2-4 thousand dollar space. My girlfriend is graduating med school next year and i really want to get her one.

What the fuck kind of shitpost is this?

The 5S21-7A10 here I bought for $240, but good luck finding one - 5S21 were not produced in large quantities and 7A10 is a fairly uncommon case reference.

There's the modern longines pulsometer, but the case (and in particular lugs) is pretty big for modern female fashion. You might consider looking for a 40s style chronograph and getting it serviced.

5610 is the best G-Shock by far. It has solar, radio sync, 200m water resistance and doesn't look as stupid as the round ones.

Thank you.

Do I need a better press than this one?

The longines (the older 38.5mm version; the more recent monopusher is easier to find but a bit bigger).

Eterna (may they rest in peace) also has one, but again, quite large (cheaper than the longines though)

Thank you both very much I will take a look at these.

There's a 5S21-7A00 on Yahoo JP right now which might be a very good choice.

depends on how many crystals you are going to change and how expensive the watch is. If you just want to fuck around and you have a couple of seikos its fine.

Threadly Bible Verses:

Romans 3:10
>As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one

Romans 3:23
>For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God

Romans 6:23
>For the wages of sin is death

Revelation 21:8
>But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Romans 5:8
>But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Hebrews 4:15
>For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

2 Corinthians 5:21
>For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Romans 10:9-13
>That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 22:17
>And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

>5S21-7A00
its at 152 with 16 hours left. I will keep my eye on this. Again much appreciated.

By the way, that 7A00 is from (May) 1988 given the caseback serial - on the off chance that's your girlfriend's birthyear.

Hey /wt/. Did I just buy a fucking meme watch?

youtube.com/watch?v=uRYewAjfRDM

what do you think about my rolex?

Cheap 20 dollar find. Funny enough it says french movt on the bottom of the dial.

Faster to check the time on a phone than this

Stick to one language, moron.

spotted the fortune user

Looking for a watch

Need
>self winding
>Calendar
>Stopwatch

Nice to have
>all black

MIH watch.

you need to give
>a budget

too expensive

you can get a Swiss one in that price range, which
comes in more than one oversized grand seiko homage design
is more accurate
can be serviced almost anywhere, not like Seiko JDMs that likely will need to be send to Japan
can be serviced forever, not just those 10 years that Seiko guarantees
can be from an actual local AD, where you can try it before and get full warranty & service

Speedmaster 9300

Grand Seiko SBGC223

Is that a fucking jerry? We should have given them a nice little atomic present during wwii instead of just saving it for the fucking nips. Somehow those slanty eyed mother fuckers still made seiko.... Should have given those fucks 3 gifts instead of 2.

Found a seiko 6309-510a in my parents old stuff
Cleaned the grime around it with rubbing alcohol, the glass is a bit scratchy (especially on the right side)
I'm a newfag at this, best way to buff the scratches out a bit?

look at these delusional nips
youtube.com/watch?v=p-tUvOIc7qo

comparing the dial to a fucking Audemars Piguet dial...

Is it worth buying a grey market watch for $500 less than at an AD? Looking at $1700 compared to $2200.

nope, too much trouble if something is not right.
would want it to be perfect with that much money.

That looks funky. What's the story? Late 70s, quartz?

as long as it wont break in a few years im happy with whatever price, the lower the better

mechanical watches usually need servicing after 3-5 years

So what ETA shitter do you recommend?

It is an electric watch (battery for energy, balance wheel and hairspring for timekeeping) with jumping date, jumping hour, and jumping minute.

good point.. guess Ill have to stick with digital then. Ive been using a Casio W93H for the last few years. Aside from very infrequent battery changes, the thing hardly ever leaves my wrist. Looking for a self-winding or solar alternative. I use the timer and calendar frequently enough to need it in my next watch.

Thank you for all of your suggestions so far

That checks all of the boxes. Very good option. Ill keep my eyes peeled for this one

five dollars says it's a modified eta

Does everyone on /wt/ own a space watch?

>not being ready for a space mission at all times.

I've been told it's an F. Piguet (i.e., Blancpain)

derp

Ready captain

eta makes better movements than seiko unless you spend over 2 thousand dollar on a seiko.. all eta watches somehow shitters. shitty Chinese made seikos that have seiko made movements somehow not shitters... being this much a delusional weab

Bump

Nice. On the hunt for a nice example king quartz now.

I'm not sure if it's still qualified for space flight because of the sapphire. The strap probably couldn't handle EVA either.

tissot visodate
tissot le locle
oris classic
hamilton viewmatic auto
hamilton intra-matic auto
christopher ward C5 malvern automatic mkIII

Just picked up this day-to-day oyster perpetual for $2500, how'd I do /wt/?

>this is bait.png

Why is it bait? Did he pay too much?

The day window being misaligned and the shitty magnification doesn't give it away to you?

>you can get a Swiss one in that price range
You mean you can get a Chinese cased ETA shitter in that price range

>comes in more than one oversized grand seiko homage design
None of the SARX models are Grand Seiko homage designs.

>is more accurate
A base or elabore grade 2824-2 is not that much more accurate

>can be serviced almost anywhere, not like Seiko JDMs that likely will need to be send to Japan
Complete nonsense. The SARX models are 6r15c's which can be serviced by any independent watchmaker

>can be serviced forever, not just those 10 years that Seiko guarantees
You were already dumpstered at length in a previous thread for spreading this lie, I will literally copy paste all of my posts on the subject from the archive if you do not cease knowingly and deliberately lying.

>can be from an actual local AD, where you can try it before and get full warranty & service
There are at least some Seiko ADs in North America who carry some or all of the formerly JDM line, you can check around and see if there is somewhere you'd be able to try it on in person first.

Of the crystal you mean? It's probably not very practical to do by hand as that watch has a mineral crystal and it would by quite time consuming to polish using abrasive compounds.

I looked it up and the NOS crystal part number for that watch is SA1W08GN00 and you can find them online if you search.

BTFO

Yes. It can be hand wound so it still qualifies.

The speedmaster is the next sub, everyone and their mother seem to have one.

The Speedmaster has been the next sub since 48 years and one day ago.

Well at least there are plenty of variations to choose from.

When I turn 18 my dad is giving his speedmaster

happy y satur

I read that they had previously used other movements. I also read that they were developing an in house one before the Swatch acquisition. I read one article about the watch stating that it had an in house movement, but then nothing about the movement itself elsewhere to corroborate that.

Seiko 8L35.

Is this actually good or overrated?

What is the swiss equivalent of it?

It's basically an undecorated/unadjusted grand seiko 9S55. So take that as you will.

i wish i called my watches timepieces.

Holy shit the patek exhibition was awesome. Did anyone else make it to NYC today?

I went last week. Was pretty neat.

Nice picture by the way. That room was probably the best.

Second best exhibit

Best modern watch here.

gshock are fucking ugly

If the sole purpose of the event was to get younger people interested in watches, they did a great job. The vr was insane. Having all the movements on display was awesome.

the watch on the right has quite literally the most retarded escapement ever made.

The VR was great. Wish they would release it for download though I'm sure they won't.

FUSEE

>dude this escapement has so much damn locking on the impulse and friction that it has no semblance of timekeeping
>dude put a fusee on it lmao the chinks dont give a fuck they love that dead beat seconds

>Hey man do you have the time
>>Yeah it's uhhhhhhhh
>>Venus I guess

>Buy a Vostok for $45 to $75
>Get to say you own a space watch even though the Vostoks and Poljots taken into space are completely different

Isn't it Patek that's really been pushing watchmaker internships and other programs as of late?

I wish

Derp

Like your ass ever gonna see space. And leaving the house is the closest you'll come to an EVA, dweeb fuck. Watch out you don't rip that strap on a branch.