What is the purpose of this part i cannot find out shit via google?

What is the purpose of this part i cannot find out shit via google?

To hold it to the motherboard.
That is about it.

It's the piece the PCI-E clip snaps onto to hold it in the socket.

Thanks!
My GPU has a big hole in that part, and it does not work so i was wondering if that little part could be the cause...

?

Post picture of hole

post lewd picture of hole

post lewd picture

Its the saw off point

The pcb is blue, and not black, so It should still work.

Cum in hole, now.

then lick it for maximum effect

mods

clean those pins with 99% isopropyl alcohol, maybe it doesn't make a proper contact with the PCIe pins.

My computer doesnt power on at all when i have the gpu plugged in..Will cleaning the pins help?

try it, maybe. Can't be worse than it already is.

Ok, will report back!

Clear cmos, Make sure that it is socketed properly. That or try a bigger beefier psu.

By doesnt power on, do you mean the screen stays black, or what

Not even the fans spin up...

Are you connecting the display to the gpu right?

Does it beep

Beeps are important

Yes...not ANY fans in the computer spin up..I dont have a computer speaker.

Sounds like the gpu draws more power than the cpu can provide then, what wattage is it?

*than the psu
Fucking phone posting

My psu is some generic 560 watt piece of shit and i am trying to power a gtx 550 ti.

>My psu is some generic

GET OUT OF THE HOUSE RIGHT NOW

reported

GET TO DA CHOPPA, SHES GUNNA BLOW

That's the part all the information goes through. The dashed part is marked that way so you'd know where to cut.

You connected the 6pin connector?

do you have integrated graphics on your CPU/motherboard? If you do, then remove your GPU and plug in your display cables to the motherboard. If you don't, go get a new PSU for like $30 that's at least 80+ certified. I have one from EVGA and it works great, doesn't need to be modular.

>tfw i've been using shitty generic $10 PSUs for like seven years, even on my current build without issues at all

Same. One of them blew up though. It didn't break anything, but it did make a very loud noise. Probably just some capacitors or something. Didn't change my mind about cheap psu:s though.

You break that off if you don't want your floppy overwritten.

Yeah
I am going to save up for a normal psu soon enough,i just wanted to use it before i get the normal one

Same, only i have been using a gt 210 for a long time!

just buy an open box psu, check microcenter for deals. They also have a 15 day return policy, in case a new PSU doesn't fix your system you could always return it and get your money back. I know that EVGA sells their b stock online, I would check there for cheap ones.