Sup Forums I'm a genius I just found out how we can get 100% silent fans, well at least for humans...

Sup Forums I'm a genius I just found out how we can get 100% silent fans, well at least for humans. We simply make them spin at ultrasound or infrasound frequency!

Other urls found in this thread:

fractal-design.com/home/product/casefans/silent-series-r3/silent-series-r3-80mm
us.hardware.info/reviews/5770/6/103-12cm-case-fans-review-test-resultsnlowest-noise-levels
quietpc.com/qpc-filters.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>spin them too slow or too fast

Is too fast really a thing?

RPM != Sound frequency. There is no rpm that will result in ultrasound emission only.

>ultrasound
already a thing in some hairdryers

>fan spins at the brown note

>Is too fast really a thing

>Fan hits RPM so high the friction cause the plastic to melt
>Fan hits RPM so high the fan breaks loose from the heatsink and takes to the skies

Using a RPM value that creates a infrasound frequency with that particular fan you using is pointless. It will spin so slow that it isn't moving air at all. Also "Ultrasound RPM" will not work, cause it will have to spin so fast that it will fuck it self up, if you can drive it that fast that is...

Conclusion: OP is a idiot.

>make shit fans
>paint them shit color so people know what they're buying
Least they have fair marketing

>Unlike standard propellers that turn at subsonic speeds, the outer 24–30 inches of the blades on the XF-84H's propeller traveled faster than the speed of sound even at idle thrust, producing a continuous visible sonic boom that radiated laterally from the propellers for hundreds of yards. The shock wave was actually powerful enough to knock a man down; an unfortunate crew chief who was inside a nearby C-47 was severely incapacitated during a 30-minute ground run. Coupled with the already considerable noise from the subsonic aspect of the propeller and the dual turbines, the aircraft was notorious for inducing severe nausea and headaches among ground crews. In one report, a Republic engineer suffered a seizure after close range exposure to the shock waves emanating from a powered-up XF-84H.
Good idea OP.

>give yourself a seizure and maybe die
>finally get your r9 290x to stay under 80c

You're confusing speed of sound with frequencies that humans can hear. Does a dog whistle create a fucking sonic boom?

Make fan blades out of dragonforce, the hardest metal. Give to OP so he can spin them so fast he can fucking kill himself.

>have an older 500W PSU
>Need a new 80mm fan because old one is noisy
>decide to cheap out and not buy noctua
>buy $7 Fractal Design "Silent Series" fan
>I can hear it whine sometimes
>install it, put a hand in front of it, no fucking airflow at all yet it spins fast
why can't other manufacturers make a good fan?!?!?

why does this fan offer shit airflow right at the back of the PSU?

fractal-design.com/home/product/casefans/silent-series-r3/silent-series-r3-80mm

Nevermind how difficult getting any air moved while spinning below 20Hz, or above 20KHz, you'd still not get rid of the sound because harmonics.

>dragonforce
>the hardest metal
kek

>2017
>heatsink
I think you mean radiator

A dog whistle creates a high pitched sound.
A fan moving so fast its blades break the sound barrier is very loud. However only briefly as it would eventually hit ultrasonic rpm. But that point would require some insane fucking fan materials. Hitting that point on a standard 120mm fan would be in the hundreds of thousands rpm range
At that point the air speed would probably cause it to burst into flames and the airflow provided would make your computer case implode because of the vacuum pressure

Take a shit on it, and it will make the airflow you seek.

i'm not indian

how new

>However only briefly as it would eventually hit ultrasonic rpm
If the blades are long enough to be breaking sound barrier it'd only get louder.

>dragonforce, the hardest metal known to man

Oh fuck, the meme nostalgia hust hit me hard

>dragonforce
>hardest metal
McFucking kill yourself

The fan might be silent to the human ear, but you will still hear the airflow of the tornado that such a hypothetical fan creates, not to mention the resonance.

Due to extensive research done by the University of Pittsburgh, dragonforce has been confirmed as the hardest metal known to man. The research is as follows. Pocket-protected scientists built a wall of iron and crashed a dragonforce car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed. They then built a wall out of dragonforce and crashed a car made of iron moving at 400 miles an hour into the wall, and the wall came out fine. They then crashed a dragonforce car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors. They crashed 400 miles per hour into a dragonforce traveling at iron car. Western New York was powerless for hours. They rammed a wall of metal into a 400 mile per hour made of dragonforce, and the resulting explosion shifted the earth’s orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards mid-western Prussia at 400 billion miles per hour. They shot a dragonforce made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused two wayward airplanes to lose track of their bearings, and make a fatal crash with two buildings in downtown New York. They spun 400 miles at dragonforce into iron per wall. The results were inconclusive. Finally, they placed 400 dragonforces per hour in front of a car made of wall traveling at miles per iron, and the result proved without a doubt that dragonforces were the hardest metal of all time, if not just the hardest metal known the man.

>get 10x10 meter plate
>put in front of CPU heatsink
>slowly move it a little to create Silent Suction(tm)

Wouldn't it just be better to create a vacuum since sound can't travel in vacuum?

But neither does air, so good luck moving heat away with air.

Heat travels in vacuum you idiot. There's vacuum in space yet the heat from the sun can reach all the way to Earth.

>tfw chinese noctua fans
>tfw noctua says they are within their standards but perform really bad

damn

Slowly which is why satellites have huge radiators.

radiating heat is way slower than using convetion a.k.a. blowing a fluid through a hot place

There's a thing called a vacuum flask. You know what it's for, right?

>Doesn't understand overtones.
>Doesn't understand that different parts of the fan are effectively going different speeds.

Seriously, is this what Sup Forums has become? 12 year olds' /r/showerthoughts ?

>sacrificing reliability
>can never be 100% quiet like passive air-cooling
enjoy your inferior setup

theyre literally the best fans you can get

not only that, but they have different colors available now.

>heat from the sun can reach all the way to Earth.

youre confusing heat with light. it is the suns light that reaches earth, not the suns heat

Actually, no.
us.hardware.info/reviews/5770/6/103-12cm-case-fans-review-test-resultsnlowest-noise-levels

Right, though I like their brown ones just fine

I laughed audibly (also shit my pants)

are you fucking stupid, it's plasma and what you call sun heat is energy from photon bombarding

>not just spinning your whole case at ultrasonic frequency

>no static pressure measurement
>didn't include fans from ebm-papst
straight to the trash

>Seriously, is this what Sup Forums has become?

Yes. One thread is the sum total of what Sup Forums has become.

Noctua never wins any benchmark.

this thread is 100% retardation jesus

That's how i9 7980x will be cooled actually.

Eberything that's not absolute zero does heat radiation. It's fucking nothing, but it still is there.

smaller fans tend to make noise and have higher rpm

i have 5 fractal 140mm fans in my case and they are the quietest part of my build. even at highest rpm for airflow.

This is what you need OP. I only use these.
Noiseblocker NB-eLoop 120mm.
It's german, build quality and materials put everything else i used to shame, also performance. no hum whatsoever.

Who the fuck uses watercooling? Fan noise+pump noise, no thanks.

Why don't computers use dyson fans to preserve space and reduce dust

>reduce dust

What you need is medical grade fine metal mesh, it's not restricting air but it's so fine (because medical grade) that no dust can pass through it.
Just buy a sheet of the good stuff on ebay, and cut it to cover all your intake fans etc... and use glue.
There is a company which does exactly this but they use magnets, so you can easily remove them and clean them, they also cut to spec or just tell them what Case you have and they have already cut kits. each kit is like 80$.

Underrated.

but those lower air flow

They do, but barley.
if you have a decent intake fan which is not pushing through a radiator, it won't feel it, because the mesh is so fine all you get is not a restricted, but a different exhaust "smoke" pattern.
Medical grade stuff should block like 99% dust, most grills we have don't come near that and are just memes. Try it and thank me later as your case is dust free.

Like these , quietpc.com/qpc-filters.
Medical grade is no meme, it should pass strict QC and shit.

DEMCiflex is the company name that makes em from medical grade stuff