Intel Atom Processors

What went wrong?

Everything.

Explain.

ARM ate them.

Intel out-jewed themselves with their market segmentation

Nothing, the latest ones were great.

My z3735f netbook gives me competitive battery life to a macbook or any other high end laptop with a big battery while being thinner and more portable. And it's only a bay trail. Cherry trail was even better.

Good enough for studying, watching movies, web browsing, etc, light multitasking. It was the perfect uni laptop for me.

what is wrong with trash?
oh i dont know user
why dont you tell me?

Is laptop Pentium like a high wattage dual core?

CISC

Pentium was the shit back in the day.

I think Intel missed a design flaw in the c2000 line and it is dying in the field. I heard Intel fired the entire department responsible for validating it. So the c3000 is late.

Atoms look great imho. Want to get my hands on a fast x86 raspberry pi scale machine with ecc and passive cooling.

It wasn't until a few years ago that they actually had out-of-order execution, even...

It is/was an open question of how do you actually make a power efficient x86. Pure in order is a logical first guess.

its intel but slower than usual.

There's nothing wrong with them desu. They make excellent little shitposting stations. I got pic related for $78 on ebay and it's going strong for Netflix, Sup Forums, online shopping, and even some light exel. Battery life even on a heavily used 2+ yr old machine is still about 7 hrs.

Why are you hating on the processor?

>pic related for $78

qualcucked

>What went wrong?
Mostly 2g of ram and some in 32bits when mostly was 64bits

>x86 Windows on a x64 machine.

WHY DO FUCKING RETARDED MANUFACTURES DO THIS SHIT?

Cause atom lacks few instructions to support x64 WindowsTM

Do you mean 32bit Windows on a 64 bit machine.

Yeah my first laptop I bought with my own money was an asus and it had 32bit Windows pre installed. I only found out when I upped the ram

It had something to do with the video card drivers desu

I installed win7 64 and literally the video card drivers for win 64 did not exist nor were the win 32 ones compatible - yeah it's a fuck - no problems with 64bit Linux though ! It's what pushed me to give kubuntu a go 10 years ago...