/w4n/ - Daily Wait for Navi Thread

Hi all,

This is where we wait for the latest AMD graphics card which AMD will surely release in a timely manner and will definitely blow all of our minds, no questions asked, 100% guaranteed, no chance it'll fail, just you wait.

Last time: RX Vega is arriving in Portland for PDXLAN today through this weekend. You know the drill, if you're attending PDXLAN, go take some videos and leak them here, then leak them to VideoCardz so they can then be leaked here too.

Last stop is the big reveal at SIGGRAPH 2017 on July 30th.

The latest:
techpowerup.com/235297/amds-rx-vega-low-key-budapest-event-vega-pitted-against-gtx-1080
gamersnexus.net/guides/2990-vega-frontier-edition-undervolt-benchmarks-improve-performance
twitter.com/RadeonPro/status/886357116889559040
pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-Vega-Frontier-Edition-16GB-Liquid-Cooled-Review
gamersnexus.net/guides/2988-vega-fe-watercooled-tear-down-and-internals
videocardz.com/70895/amd-radeon-rx-vega-is-going-on-a-tour

Vega is almost DOA so wait Navi

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WyhJ8_d1FHM
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8tDaPLHxiE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lmao why are you waiting for navi just boot up OoT

>HEY! HEY! LISTEN!

Random rumor by unverified faggot on leddit

>Reference models are already stockpiling at one company with which I have contacts. They apparently have "low thousands" ready for release.
>They usually have tens of thousands, though, but this is apparently a very expensive GPU. Supposedly priced above the 1080 at the top (my contact doesn't have pricing info outside of internal rumblings).
>The company is a primary supplier, not a reseller.

>Source: My dad works at Nintendo

>wait navi

My fucking side

Learn English, you stupid little shit.

isn't rx vega launching in like a week, there's no fucking leaks or official information on it yet

AMD is hiding something. Either it's amazing or shit. And from what we've seen so far, all signs point to 1080 performance at $600-$700 with drivers potentially improving shit a few months down the line.

so literally fury cards all over again

wait™ Navi

>Trades blows with full gp102 in geometry perf
>All signs point to 1080 performance
?

don't say these things, you'll end up baiting that dense retard that likes to talk out of his ass again

Kill yourself, you useless piece of shit.

I'm just trying to bait at least one Sup Forumsidiot into getting annoyed enough to actually learn something about GPUs.

Like, if I even get one of these mindless shitposters to Google "tile based rasterization" and read an article about it, I'll be happy.

>wait™ing Navi

Eat shit and die.

you know they won't ever do it, they'd rather just pull more shit from their asses than actually make an effort to learn something, or even to accept that they could ever be wrong

>he is triggered

Drink bleach.

Listen you son of a bitch, what the fuck’s your problem? You want to sit here and say that I’m a goddamn, fucking AMD shill. You get in my face with that I’ll beat your goddamn ass, you son of a bitch. You piece of shit. You fucking goddamn fucker. Listen fuckhead, you have fucking crossed a line. Get that through your goddamn fucking head. Stop pushing your shit. You’re the people that have fucked this country over and gangraped the shit out of it and lost an election. So stop shooting your mouth off claiming I’m the enemy. You got that you goddamn son of a bitch?

Serious question, I know almost nothing about GPUs, if Vega is so amazing hypothetically, what is bottlenecking it and what evidence is there that this bottleneck will be fixed with RX or new drivers?

Workstation/compute results.

Honestly we dont know
It seems like most of the features on FE are disabled/not working
Clock for clock its exactly the same as Fury X
Performance per watt is lower than Fury
AMD might be sandbagging so NVDA thinks they have a massive lead so they dont push volta as hard as they could
I think they want volta to be fully taped out and in production before releasing operational drivers for Vega
Or its fucked and cucked by poo in loo man

Vega FE was released with gaming drivers that have most of Vega new architectural features disabled. For power management Vega should have Advanced Clock Gating and Adaptive Voltage and Frequency Scaling, it should also have Primitive Shaders, Tile Based Rasterization and a High Bandwidth Cache Controller.

So basically, until we see if and how many of these features are implemented in drivers on RX Vega's launch we have no way to even estimate whether it will perform close to the 1080 or to full gp102 in games. Anyone who claims to "know" how RX Vega is going to perform today is mindlessly shitposting.

Do you think there will be any 1440p Freesync monitors for ~$200 around the time Navi is out? I'm thinking of selling my Nvidia card and Dell s2716dg and switching to Navi + Freesync. I want out of the g sync ecosystem since it's just so damned expensive.

>priced above 1080
I can't wait to pay well over AUD$1000 for the RX Vega.

because on games it performs clock for clock like a Fury X, but in workstation workloads/benchmarks it crushes the Fury X

see pic related and

prices here are a joke

AMD has never been able to bring all their theoretical power to bear in games. The Fury line were fucking beasts on paper that should have crushed anything Nvidia had to offer, yet the 980 and 980TI kicked their butts.

The Vega performance in gaming benchmarks is as expected. I doubt it'll improve much either. Maybe it'll catch up to current Nvidia cards in a year or two.

I bought a 1080FE last year, fucking $1200 AUD reeeeee

thank fuck I also get a tax deduction out of it

Are you retarded?

>Expecting AMD to deliver after their last four GPU releases were huge disappointments that were far behind Nvidia on release and never caught up

I think it is you who is the retard here.

Boy is this 2002?
Literally the same mantras like before R300 launch.

Just buy off Amazon you dumb cunt, 1080s are about 750 and the Ti is 950. If you're worried about long term warranty just get an evga

>yfw vega draw more power than pic related

>buying from the company killing super-jew

Get ready for the shitstorm next week. Lunus said it's Fury 2.0

Who?

linus*

>Lunus
Literally who
>Fury
Literally what

Who?

youtube.com/watch?v=WyhJ8_d1FHM

>fury 2.0 mega disappointment

Who the fuck is that?

@17:12 Raja...

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8tDaPLHxiE

>Linus dumb enough to fall for the lies of the PooinLoo

Look, someone even shills some random tech dude from youtube.

>4k
>70 fps
will this actually happen?

I remember when they leak the TDP, all the AMDrones get mad and said it's was fake. They will never learn

given how navi will be an mcm i really doubt its going to be expensive....

do you have an rx vega benchmark to show?

oh wait no totally forgot