What's it like to live in a desert country?

What's it like to live in a desert country?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x80dbddc9f978f1f7:0x3e5c2cad6fb8e19a!2m5!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i100!3m1!7e115!4shttps://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=102921917313106905025&id=5426312959665980386&target=PHOTO!5scedar creek falls - Google Search&imagekey=!1e3!2s-tCz93fXxhpc/VrlwW57sGlI/AAAAAAAAEhw/twOnAsIthJ8JDuqrEIXZpXAiAYTnEeh4g&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjM-PmkstDNAhUh6YMKHbMlCSsQoioIgQEwDg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>no one wants to admit their country is a desert

Finland is a frozen desert though

Not bad at all

A frozen swamp, actually.

Breddy gud desu senpai

Southern California here. The only reason this place isn't an uninhabitable wasteland is from decades of human development and irrigation. You would never be able to tell that it's a desert if it weren't for all the trees and bushes and lawns and stuff, so they do a good job. Although the weather gets hot mostly, the air is dry and never humid, making it more enjoyable to go outside in the evenings

I would imagine its quite hot

also this

>drive to the next town
>car broken
>die

I lived in Saudi Arabia for a year and a half. temps would go up to 51 degs in the summer and the saturation levels would always be 100% due to living in a coastal city.

in the "winter" tho the weather is like the British "summer"

Arizona here, it's pretty comfy.

Not all deserts are hot. Antarctica is technically a massive desert for example.

Fun

Ummak shamrouta

I lived in Egypt (Cairo) for a year. It kind of sucked how not green it was. I live in a lush part of Texas. There were parks but they were like an ugly texan lawn and you had to pay for entry. On the other hand, the aridity is nice. Summer and Winter were both extreme and there was the occasional sandstorm.

What kind of fun?

Shayyik 3aomak hi btitshrmat frossyia

Skin cracking off kind of fun.

desert climate is objectively the best

That doesn't sound fun at all!

It's alright

Anything is fun because desert life makes you nocturnal and I like doing things at night

Hahaha

there is quietness and space in a desert, i wanna be there if i can.

Do you drive around in your armored oil SUV and blast middle eastern synthwave?

SUV is gay, Range rover is better for riding dunes and doing stunts. I do the sand shit in my car but not the Arab street stunts.

Snowy climate is objectively the best
>:~[ ur wrong

Snow is shit if it was year round, but winter snow is fine and cozy.

What about a snowy desert climate?

I live in the city on Bechar, and sometimes there is snow in winter

>snowy desert
If you get enough snow to be "snowy" then you get enough precipitation to not be a desert

>image above you proving you wrong

2 inches of snow isn't a "snowy climate"

>If you get enough snow to be "snowy" then you get enough precipitation to not be a desert
So you're saying the city in that image isn't snowy?

that looks beautiful

i live in southern cali and the majority of it is desert. heck, theres even desert plant life, such as cactus, near the beach here in newport beach bay.

i wouldnt mind living in true desert areas areas if it wasnt filled with meth heads and if it wasnt that far from the coast. they tend to be low income areas since its so inexpensive.

West Texas. It's pretty fun to go out hiking in the desert and setting old junk up then blasting it with a .22 lr

>It's pretty fun to go out hiking in the desert
The heat doesn't kill you?

The summer fucking sucks hard I won't like but the winter season is heavenly.

Just bring shade, lots of water, and a good pair of boots if you are going out far. If you are driving off-road than a shovel is an absolute must.

Living in hot climate would make my life complete.

I like winter when it's snowy
But most of the time it snows for a week or two and whole winter is just meh nuclear wasteland scenery

>lie*
>then*

sorry haven't had all my coffee yet.

Only scorpions kill (some, not all). Hiking is fun in deserts since you get to see what the fuck is in front of you. If you have a head wear (Cap, Ghutra etc) you won't feel the heat.

Sounds exactly like fallout new vegas to me. Is there any radroaches?

cold

>Ghutra
would be better if it had some sort of visor honestly
I'll admit it does keep you cool, same with light robes

We wear it with 3gal, Idk if that can work as a visor, it's helpful in really hot areas.

Just put on goggles mate.

Not if you bring enough water.

Pic related is a hike I did in San Diego back in May, very fun.

I am imagining myself chained to a whole barrel full of water, trying to drag it through a desert. Disturbingly reminiscent of medieval depictions of hell.

>his country doesn't even have a desert

littering faggot

Neither does yours.

I did another hike last Sunday. We went down into a gulch to get some waterfalls. The hike down took a little over an hour and it got to 115 degrees F (46 Celsius) The hike back up took like two hours. For the whole walk, no one in my group drank the entire gallon of water that each one of us brought. You'd be surprised at how well people can handle heat.

This is the trail: google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x80dbddc9f978f1f7:0x3e5c2cad6fb8e19a!2m5!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i100!3m1!7e115!4shttps://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=102921917313106905025&id=5426312959665980386&target=PHOTO!5scedar creek falls - Google Search&imagekey=!1e3!2s-tCz93fXxhpc/VrlwW57sGlI/AAAAAAAAEhw/twOnAsIthJ8JDuqrEIXZpXAiAYTnEeh4g&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjM-PmkstDNAhUh6YMKHbMlCSsQoioIgQEwDg

>dem ghost shoes

>implying

>12 sq mi

That's not a desert, that's a fucking sandpit.

your little willy is half inch long, and yet you call it a dick

It'll sound bigger measured in kilometres though.

>Polish desert 32 km2
>Sonoran desert 260 000 km2

lol

32 km2 is enough, we don't have many american tourists

who /sonoran/ here?

""""""""desert"""""""

Tempe reporting

Mexicali is Sonoran Clay, those nigs shouldn't be our state's capital.

It fucking sucks and there are never as good of jobs in the desert as there are in other places because no one wants to live in a fucking wasteland

>Mexicali
I live in Calexico

So it's a lot like living in Lapland.

> there are never as good of jobs in the desert as there are in other places because no one wants to live in a fucking wasteland

Phoenix metro m8. 4.5 million people and growing.