Just got a 5th gen iPod from ebay today...

Just got a 5th gen iPod from ebay today. The listing was for a 5th gen but upon closer inspection in the About section it turned out to be a 5.5 gen. I paid $30 total, including shipping. Is this still a good media player in this day and age? It's only a 30 GB player but I plan on modding it for micro SD cards.

Also what media player do you use that is not a phone?

I have a 3rd or 4th gen iPod classic, the first colour ones that could show photos and videos(?), 120gb. Still works great.

How is the battery life on it? I never got to own an iPod but practically every other person I knew had one. My best friend about 10 years ago had a Zune. I thought that was the coolest media player.

>no folder browse option
>ID3 tag browsing only

Into the trash.

I have a 5th gen classic too. I put a 16GB SD card in mine and installed Rockbox and it works pretty good. I just use it for music. I also replaced the battery and I can get about 30 hours of playback which is decent. I also have an iPod touch first gen 8GB that's running iOS 1.1 that I use for music. That gets about 18-20 hours of playback.

there's plenty of mods for the 5 and 5.5th gen, also rockbox.

Here's a pic.

my Sandisk Sansa c250 bit the dust not too long ago. I'm determined to buy another one as soon as I can. I had mine loaded with Rockbox so I could use larger micro SD cards with it.

Fuckin loved it.

A fiio x1 and a cassette player with a pair of soundmagic e10

Upgrade the HDD to SD card(s) or an SSD and Rockbox it if you want, you've got the GOAT DAP.

>what is Rockbox

Rockbox that shit. It made my 4th gen usable.
>tfw the cf mod with a microsd works well but only with Mac iTunes so I can't rockbox, meaning it is a total failure

The battery lasts a couple of days. I can't tell you if it's worse than before because I don't remember how it was ~10yrs ago. When in standby mode it can last two weeks easy.

Is it like this but color? Then new the battery will last up to 15 hours according to apple.

This is my iPod.

And yeah, 15 hours sounds about right. Maybe an hour less but I haven't noticed because it has been replaced by my phone mostly. iPod doesn't support FLAC and I haven't gotten around to flashing rockbox on it.

I had Angstrom linux installed on my b&w iPod clickwheel, the one from your pic.

Yeah its good just put rockbox on it

>5.5g

the best

hmmm
I heard ipod classic only had 3 generations? wtf is this 6th?

I buy 7th gen iPods off people and sell them on eBay for $180

wait is this shit even real

Why don't you just use your phone? You're just gonna have to carry to pieces of shit now

Bought some parts for my iPod.
The case are of crappy quality, the clickwheel as well, and the headphone jack don't even fit properly.
The zif-cf and sd-cf thing don't work either.
Only thing that works is the 1900mah battery.

Forgot pic.

Old skool portable players have been rendered pointless by foobar2000 mobile and the opus codec

>fb2k mobile
This almost-vaporware came too late to the party, at least on Android.