Grabify - Spotify Playlist Downloader

Im here to shill an app I wrote under 6 hours. Its called grabify, it allows you to download spotify playlist from other sources like youtube or so which are written as plugins.
Its open source and written in javascript. However I need Sup Forums's help implementing some parts and to write plugins especially torrent related ones. Could you guys check it out and review it for me. Pls no bully ;-;

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/rocketman1337345/grabify
localhost:3000
boerse.to/thema/linux-windows-mac-deezloader-v2-3-1-immer-aktuell.2378025/
boerse.to/thema/linux-windows-mac-android-deezer-downloader-1-4-7-deutsch-englisch.2374976/
filecrypt.cc/Container/4568CCC1A8.html
filecrypt.cc/Container/8394FB2051.html
deezer.com/onboarding
soundiiz.com/#/converter
youtube.com/watch?v=CxVDnpsGTZY
youtu.be/8U18EuNN2D0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Forgot URI
github.com/rocketman1337345/grabify

>javascript
POO

I did it so fast because I wrote it in JS. And something like this doesnt require low level access, why would I write it in another language?

Oh very nice
I used to use spotydl until the likes shut it off

Why does the download use so much ram?

this wont be shutdown. I am looking for a bulletproof host for the people who dont want an nodejs runtime on their machine
because I launch a different worker for each tracker. I have to implement a queue messaging system with a frontend. ill probably have done it in the next release

Looks nice OP. I will give it a try

>I wrote
Well sure, but if you check Github there are many many projects just like this. You aren't unique.

Your browser theme is gay.

Might revamp my mp3 collection with this. Thanks OP!

what bitrate/format is it? Looks neat, thanks op.

I am well aware if this. the problem with the others is they make things unneedlessly complicated and require commandline usage. This project aims to be as simple as possible
its the default boostrap browser theme. If you dont like it just apply any boostrap theme you want and it shall work, or instead of complaining here fork it, write a 10 line theme chooser and make a pull request
I hope it helps you
currently the music is at around 256 kbps, this is bad I know, but the source is youtube and the youtube audio channel is pretty bad. The format is mp3, however this can be explicitly declared, I will write a plugin format chooser in the next release, thanks for the idea. Also, more plugins are coming soon.

sorry thought you were talking about the projects theme not browser theme. My english is not so good

I'm quite aware about the use of CLI, why not just make a WebUI for an existing project?

wanted to get around learning nodejs and the express framework. I learn best using projects

>My english is not so good
POO

im probably more Aryan and superior than you my friend

>it allows you to download spotify playlist from other sources like youtube
>currently the music is at around 256 kbps, this is bad I know, but the source is youtube and the youtube audio channel is pretty bad.

>indian thinks he's aryan
IN

this is a prototype and proof of concept therefore I chose youtube-dl as the first plugin. However, in the coming releases Im thinking of writing plugins for higher quality sources
i wont argue with you much further und you can now think what you want kiddy

>indian is pretending to be german shitskin episode
LOO

>this is a prototype and proof of concept therefore I chose youtube-dl as the first plugin. However, in the coming releases Im thinking of writing plugins for higher quality sources
Like? Considering the vast library of Spotify I think it'll be impossible to find a library with high quality downloads comparable to Spotify's one. The only thing that really matches it is youtube, which is shit. It's a dead end.

i will prove you wrong

I'd be glad to. Making such a script would mean to make a better search engine than google though, so good luck faggot.

i left a lot of the project vision in the README.md lest the repo got DMCAd, but a youtube-plugin is and will not be the end game

*left out
fuck im drunk

This doesn't make it any more possible.

the next plugin is based on vk and musicbrainz ids
and with the other next plugin i will experiment with a combination of headless peerjs and torrent infohashes?
happy now

I'll remain sceptical until I see a working product for it.

i will deliver. OP always delivers

No FLAC, no listen.

>spotify
>vast

mmmm maybe if you are pleb, like %40 of music I want to listen to isn't on spotify.

what the fuck do you listen to? even 99% of the obscure garbage that Sup Forums shills is on there.

Sure, but it not having everything doesn't mean it's not the largest. There's not one freely available library that's at least as large as Spotify.

soon user. soon
care giving examples. Do you mean like your local ontent?. I said vast because the dataset is well documented and getting from point A to B is real easy.

>I said vast because
The only person that said vast was me, not you you gaylord.

wew lad relax

No, not when you try and impersonate people.

>spotify
>letting the modern music jew know your tastes

To much work to even use this. Rather use something else honestly.

grabifys long term goal is to become decentralised, independent and impossible to shutdown like a Hydra. However for now, I piggyback on Spotify and soon it will be truly free and community controlled
its just one command user.
>node index.js
then go to your browser localhost:3000
or which part is hard, I will make it easier

good project OP. But it needs more plugins

Why not just make a desktop application? You have to run a nodejs app and then open it in your browser

This is in the todo list. Thank you for this suggestion though. Ill move it up the task priority list

>However I need Sup Forums's help implementing some parts and to write plugins especially torrent related ones.

this is not tech support. This is contrubiting to an open source project. Learn the difference please.

So this is basically Deezloader but for Spotify and using YouTube-DL?

I know, Deezloader is dead.

kinda. however the youtube-dl part is a plugin and any compatible plugin may be used. I intend to write more plugins.

lol

deezloader is not dead
it's still beeing updated on the same german warezforum where it originated from

even the old versions still work

>because I launch a different worker for each tracker. I have to implement a queue messaging system with a frontend. ill probably have done it in the next release
Just use promises, my dude.

>from other sources like youtube
>128 kbps CBR MP3s
N-no

H O L Y
O
L
Y
IIl use this
Im working on this user...

>implying you can tell a difference beyond 256kbps

I can, especially when I'm encoding to different lossy formats.

Alright. Thanks.
Oh really? I thought it was dead. Could you link me? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Or give me a search term to actually find it.

!RemindMe when 320kbps automatic torrent downloading works.
Thanks though, have an upvote.

there are two different versions which get updated

Deezloader, the familiar one which opens up in your browser. works on all platforms: boerse.to/thema/linux-windows-mac-deezloader-v2-3-1-immer-aktuell.2378025/

and Deezer Downloader the in my opinion better version. also has versions for all platforms but it also includes an android .apk: boerse.to/thema/linux-windows-mac-android-deezer-downloader-1-4-7-deutsch-englisch.2374976/

if you don't want to register yourself on the site
Deezer Downloader: filecrypt.cc/Container/4568CCC1A8.html

Deezloader: filecrypt.cc/Container/8394FB2051.html

deezloader shill get off my thread

Promises also allow for sequential resolution, when done right. This might be handy when handling a sorted / indexed list to download.

Yes I read the docs. Pretty neat stuff, there are some parts Ill also have to rewrite using the .then() sequencing feature. I didnt know about this.

Thank you very much sir!
- The user that asked.

Does this download from youtube as well?

I honestly think op might be retarded to actually believe youtube audio quality is good

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
where did I say youtube quality is good?

how about you fuck off back to deviantart?

no probs dude
just hope reddit doesn't catch it (again) and spread it fucking everywhere

no. Deezloader/Deezer Downloader downloads from a french streaming service called Deezer which is very similar to Spotify. deezer.com/onboarding

the quality is 320kbps and everything is tagged properly

deezerloader shills plis liv

No v a p o r w a v e

rape you next week

what the fuck kind of attitude is that

Sounds better

but does it have the superior playlist management and recommendation Spotify offers?

>spotify
>js
disgusting bloatnet

>app
DROPPED

fck this thread. Im going out for a kebap. i will continue shilling later when the Americans are online

>Doesn't just set his mic as his speakers and record the music with audacity
Fucking Mongrels

a t*rk shitskin, no wonder why

Kek Muhammad

Deezloader shill here
well not realy, but there is a website which lets you convert playlists across platforms soundiiz.com/#/converter

so you could basically take your playlist from Spotify and transfer it over to Deezer

youtube.com/watch?v=CxVDnpsGTZY
i cant read this anons im offline kek

youtu.be/8U18EuNN2D0

This downloads the songs from youtube, doesn't it?
If yes then its utter trash

>This Application requires Java Runtime Environment

OP still goes to school and is likely underage

Good job OP.
Though I miss Mininova's categories where I could always discover all kind of genres and new music. Spotify simply fucking sucks when it comes to finding new songs.

and he has done more than you ever did.
lmao

You don't know how to Spotify idiot.

teach me, idiot.

>Click "Your daily mix"
>Play
>Like the songs you like
>Dislike the song you don't
>???
>Profit

>Spotify Playlist Downloader
ok, now you've go--
>downloads from other sources like youtube
D R O P P E D.
fuck this shit. i want an ACTUAL ripper next time.

Album have radio options
Songs have radio options
Artists have radio options
Discover weekly is God tier
Release radar is God tier
Daily mix is great and safe for a good time and plus some discovery
Similar artists feature on artist pages is great
There are fuck ton of web sites that work with Spotify (Last.fm is my favorite)
There are fuck ton of smartphone apps that work with Spotify (Lazify is my favorite)
There are fuck ton of web apps that work with Spotify

Indians can't rape.
They have pea sized penises.

Thanks, I knew about the radio options and there is the 10 bottom recommended songs as well. To be honest it really just shuffles around my playlist. Or adds totally unrelated music.

> have playlist for pop songs if I drive people in car
> it adds dance, trance and whatnot songs that just have no fucking place there

> have playlist for dance / hard dance / big floor
> it only shuffles my music over and over again

> Discover
Will check.

> Lazify
Looks neat, will buy. 1$ ain't much.

>Spotify

Just use chiru.no, dumb fuck.

Cool, ill have to try this once I get home from work. Thanks OP