Why do people get macs/macbooks?

Why do people get macs/macbooks?

Isn't windows much better?

If you spend the same amount of money on a windows laptop/PC as you would on a macbook, it's much more powerful and has more capabilities.

same reason people buy jewlery.. status.

>be looser with low income and budget laptop
people think you're loose
>be looser with low income and overpriced faggot laptop
people think you're successful (at least for a while until they find out)

>>>/Reddit/

You need to go back

I don't get what my post has to do with reddit

The overall quality

Oh I see, so you are an owner of a Mac/Macbook.

Please enlighten us with why you made your purchase?

Thanks.

Build quality.
Screen.
It's fast.
Godlike trackpad.

Because Windows is usable trash, and it has been since about 2001. GNU/Linux is the best you can get and distros like Ubuntu are polished enough now that the average person can use them easily. OS X is for retards that are slightly less mentally impaired than Wintards who are still too dumb to write an ISO to a USB with Rufus and have to be completely spoonfed. As a Windows user, you are a bottom of the barrel brainlet.

Fuck off brainlet.

Because windows is fucking garbage manchild shit and Linux is for autists

>brainlet

I have a degree in a hard science and make 130k at the age of 22. U mad?

>Build quality

Elaborate. How is the build quality better than on a comparably priced windows machine? What tangible effects does this have on using the machines?

>Screen

What about it?

>It's fast

Is it faster than a comparably priced windows machine, which will have better processor/ram/gpu?

>Godlike trackpad.

I use a PC so no comment here.

> What about it?
REEEEEEteen'a

>Isn't windows much better?

And yet you still can't manage to make a quality post on this here Ethiopian Goat Husbandry forum. Truly sad.

>If you spend the same amount of money

macfags arent poor enough to care about a few hundred dollars

>Build quality.
Wrong.
>Screen.
Wrong.
>It's fast.
Wrong.
>Godlike trackpad.
Wrong.

>Godlike trackpad.
then you have never used a trackpoint

Not the user but since I'm bored today I'll tell you why after being a windows/linux only user I'll tell you.

> Elaborate. How is the build quality better than on a comparably priced windows machine? What tangible effects does this have on using the machines?
Back then all windows machine were black plastic monstrosities, wobbly screen when you type (even microsoft's surface copy has that issue), mushy keyboard, disgusting light bleeding, godly battery life (this has changed now), instead of breaking when you hit it on something it just dents or better dents whatever you hit.

The effect?
When you go past the initial adoption time, way less frustration, how many times did I want to vaporise my windows machines. I can't count anymore.

Also I used to care a lot about how I handled my tech, not anymore with my macbook, I just throw it, carelessly hit it, drop shit on it, and this trend started because I guess I unconsciously associated it with something sturdy which never happened with other laptops.

>What about it?
Seriously when someone doubts this I almost immediately dismiss it as lel trolling.
Bright, high ppi, almost nothing between front glass and display which makes it look really good (this could be subjective, but I doubt).
I truly believe this is the secret with the iPhone as well even with the shit resolution.

>Is it faster than a comparably priced windows machine, which will have better processor/ram/gpu?
I honestly can't tell now since I didn't use windows for more than a year on a laptop. I guess they would be on par, dismissing the classic final cut shitting on premier but I don't use that so...

>Godlike trackpad
This completely changed how I use laptops, truly believe a mouse would massively decrease my 'productivity'. Obviously I'm not gaming anymore, for this use a mouse is no contest.

No. I'd rather use a Dell laptop with macOS than a MBP with Windows.

Everyone at a point in their life used one, it's called a joystick. The meme rebranding doesn't make it better a handling a pointer.

new trackpad is fuckin dope

>>Godlike trackpad.
>Wrong.

Kek, give me one (1) example of a decent non-Apple trackpad.

>87x223

What the fuck is wrong with you?

you got tricked

Wow

How will apple users respond to this?

>I got tricked let's try to comeback with something witty
And he fails to deliver...

Just don't say anything so nobody knows you got meme'd.

>Implying I clicked that shit.

Maybe you cunts are unable to read but thankfully it is a skill I possess.

So a single picture of sticky-notes on a Macbook Air is enough to convince you that MacBooks have bad build quality ?

People who don't like windows and too dumb to use Linux. Overpriced limited hardware is the toll they pay for their low understanding of Unix systems.

sour grapes

I can't understand why a wintoddler thinks he can talk down on macfags. Christ, at least they don't need to install 3rd party software to ssh into their home server. Bunch of assblasted virgins can't get over the fact that every girl who rejects him has an iphone and runs a proper desktop OS, such as iOS or Linux

People who don't like windows and are employed

FTFY

They're great for "just werks" reliability, especially for people who aren't doing more than browsing or office stuff. Basically the Prius of computers.

I can use my penis on the trackpad, can you do the same with trackpoint? guess not!

>macshit
>reliability

>"windows" laptops have no problems at all
okay lad

It's not really faster than a comparably priced windows machine, the built of such laptops is also pretty similar now. (Win laptops used to be huge plastic boxes years ago, but that has changed)

however, the keyword is "comparably priced"

So for the same price you can get a laptop with good build quality, good OS and good trackpad, or a laptop with similar build quality, awful windows 10 and awful trackpad. All else being the same, I'd choose the mbp.

Now, of course you can buy a laptop with relatively similar specs for 1/3 of the price - but it will be an ugly, brittle piece of shit that will break in 2 years and by that time you'll be so annoyed with it that you'll 'll be glad it finally broke.

You can also take the macbook pro money and buy a much more powerful laptop. If you don't mind carrying a 5 inch thick, 20 lbs brick with you.

so, i guess, what I'm saying is, everyone should just get what suits them best. Some will want a macbook, some will want alienware, why does it even matter?

>This completely changed how I use laptops, truly believe a mouse would massively decrease my 'productivity'. Obviously I'm not gaming anymore, for this use a mouse is no contest.
How? A mouse is simply more comfortable in all cases. The only time it makes sense to use a trackpad is when you are in an area where you can't use a mouse.

Windows is much, much worse.

Macfags have to PAY to install 3rd party software (Magnet) for proper window management.

This is for the same shit that's built into Windows by default.

only things justifiable are shit survivability, soldered hardware and "shit" performance

anyone buying something like that doesnt need a quad core cpu with a gayming gpu and also isnt brainlet enough to not be cautious with something as fragile as a laptop

the mbp 2016 has exceptional track pad, battery life and build quality.

>shitty ceos
what kind of fag thinks this is a big deal lol

kek

Change rapidly between spaces, scrolling feels way more natural than the scroll wheel, and multiple custom shortcuts that I setup with BTT.

I forgot to tell that I was using BetterTouchTool. It is kinda stupid to have to pay for something that should be baked in but the min is like $3.

mac terminal is better than windows "power"shell. The OS is definitely more stable and less prone to random failiures or blue screens like windows.

No such thing as "Blue Screens" since 2002 nigga, try harder.

Also just because MacOS doesn't report shit crashing doesn't mean it's stable.
I have constant issues with the sound failing (mic or sound out not working randomly) that resolve after a restart, I don't have any problems on Windows and even if I do it will let me know instead of hiding it.

>The OS is definitely more stable and less prone to random failiures or blue screens like windows.
kek. As someone that has used both OSes extensively, you're full of shit.

And Windows PowerShell definitely is more powerful than UNIX shells, but on the other hand it's much more harder to master, which is why plebs think shells from the 70s are better.

Because Macs are a lot simpler

Just like their users

if i know apple they will bake it in soon

just like practically every jailbreak tweak on my iphone

>The OS is definitely more stable and less prone to random failiures or blue screens like windows.

I haven't had a "random failure" or blue screen with my current PC. Anything else?

>Trackpad
>Good
Choose one
Who tf uses trackpads? They have never been good or useful for anything

You can thank Android for all the functionality in your iPhone.

Current iOS is stuck on 2010 but with "enhancements" that have been copied from elsewhere.

it's not the hardware. it's the OS

They don't know any better and see other people that don't know any better buying MacBooks so they just do as they see.

I feel like this is some retarded backwards way to shill macs. Either way OP is a faggot.

Macs are the only place left for hipsters. Everything else was taken.

Employed by McDonald's? The whole internet infrastructure is built on Linux, knowledge of Linux is invaluable skill for a techie.

1) status symbol

2) graphical designer software

3) If you develop apps for iOS/Macs you don't really have any other choice

4) People who wan't *nix-like os but are too lazy/retarded to configure and install Linux

You got it wrong. Apple hardware is garbage, the OS however is not worse than windows. Windows has got more compatibility and better performance. macOS is more stable, doesn't have silly updates, has proper don't rendering and some tools that really, really make your job easier.

I spent a whole week trying to find a way in which enabling compositing on KDE wouldn't slow anything down. That's enough time spent trying to make -one- thing to work. And that is not on a toaster.

>KDE

Found your problem. It's almost always filled with bloat and bugs unless fully embraced by the distro (like OpenSUSE).

Use XFCE/Mate

no, not by a long shot.

>Falling for the KDE compositing meme

KDE's compositor is trash. Best just to replace it.

The screen is the best ones there are, haven't found anything that matches the true colour scheme that Macbook Pro gives, and I've looked on plenty of laptop screens, most laptop screens you can't look from different angles or the colours just blows way out the fucking window.

Performance isn't the best but it's overall machine, good battery life.

But I bought it because of the screen for photo editing on the go not to game or any other shit.

>loose
>looser
Learn to spell, loser

> it's much more powerful and has more capabilities.
Yes, but Macbook is a status symbol. People who have a macbook probably already have a powerful PC anyway. I don't talk about US college students, they do it either because college offers it to them "for free" and/or because anybody else have them.

my mom's comuter forced an update now it's in an infinite boot loop where it loads up to a "something happened" screen then restarts

the powershell sucks dude ssh doesn't even work. It is such garbage that microsoft even incorporated ubuntu into win10 so devs can get some actual work done with windows

I couldn't find out how to replace it with compton.

These threads are fucking gold. Protip: All 3 operating systems are cucked garbage (Windows, Mac, Linux), the only true operating system is BSD.

>cucked garbage
clearly you havent read the BSD license

I suggest you learn about unix/linux and about virtual machines.

This is going to sting but... you are not actually smarter than all the engineers at NASA.

>powerful PC
>muh gaymes

not all of them but there is a dumbass I know who got a job at NASA. most likely through connections because he is a dumbfuck

At work I have to use a Mac and at home I choose to have a PC.

Some people just like macOS and when you're a productive adult with disposable income, you can afford to buy overpriced things. If you're asking about broke art students and teenage girls, then he's right