/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
OnePlus 5 - No Longer The Flagship Killer?
youtube.com/watch?v=GPykS9l3D2Q

Nokia 5 review
gsmarena.com/nokia_5-review-1633.php

The Essential Phone has been delayed by a "few weeks" as the company waits for the phone to pass certification/testing
twitter.com/ow/status/888414700563816448

Samsung: Find out what it means to do bigger things on 08.23.2017
twitter.com/SamsungMobile/status/888142279122321409

Notifications are highly reliable, except when device manufacturers interfere (Xiaomi)
onesignal.com/blog/manufacturers-interfere-with-reliable-notifications/

Razer reportedly plans to build a phone for gamers, but needs more money
theverge.com/2017/7/21/16010412/razer-smartphone-gamers-nextbit-ipo-report

Nokia 6 Review: Once More For Old Time's Sake
youtu.be/Yv9i0GBvD8M

old

Other urls found in this thread:

androidpolice.com/2017/07/21/deal-alert-save-290-pixel-pixel-xl-best-buy-verizon-service/
carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/pay-monthly.html#!/recurring/40/sort/p_t_rec_chrg_desc|p_t_upfrontprice
bestbuy.com/site/apple-iphone-se-32gb-space-gray-sprint/5789902.p?skuId=5789902
fastcardtech.com/XIAOMI-Mi4C-MI-4C.html
forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8/general/discussion-android-7-nougat-t3505252
eglobalcentral.co.uk/lg-g6-h870ds-64gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-white.html#/product/20539
xda-developers.com/nexus-6p-bootloop-fix/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_smartphone_bootloop_issues#LG_V10_and_V20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why does my lineage on moto g says 9hrs of battery remaining at 65% while at 88% on nexus 5 it says 5h remaining? Wtf

Now that the dust has settled, is no bezel a meme?

>still no pricecuts on the google pixel

a fragile meme

Femanon here
Just a meme. The iPhone has larger bezels than most phones and it works fine

Because Nexus 5 has shit battery and Moto G doesn't. Also it's only an estimate based on the current and previous battery usage, so it'll change based on how you've used your phone.

The Verizon version has had plenty of price cuts
androidpolice.com/2017/07/21/deal-alert-save-290-pixel-pixel-xl-best-buy-verizon-service/

>murica

>being poor

>spending two months of rent on a phone

Cop or not?
Does anyone have this phone? How's the camera performance?
I'm in the EU

Alright lads, britbong here

Looking to upgrade my moto g4 play I bought for cheap last year, reason being the lack of ram and old sd are really starting to slow it down.

Because of my job I get 30% off contracts and carphone warehouse so I'd be looking to take advantage of this rather than buying a handset outright. Up until now I was set on the pixel for £35 p/m (which gets brought down to £24.50 p/m) but they seem to have shot up in price yesterday for no apparent reason.

I've lurked this general for a few weeks so I've now started looking at the new lg g6 and the zte axon 7 mini (they don't have the reg one)

I'd be willing to spend up to £30 p/m (after my discount) and preferably with no upfront cost as I don't get money off that

Obviously I'm a bit limited for choice but here's the full selection of plans if any friendly anons wanna help me out carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/pay-monthly.html#!/recurring/40/sort/p_t_rec_chrg_desc|p_t_upfrontprice

>OP3, Paranoia ROM (clean flash), No other extra kernels, no Greenify, or whatever

Whatsapp doesn't show notifications unless the screen is awake.

Ex. Playing music and not touching the phone for 10-15 min, pick up phone to change song, whatsapp notification pops up.

How do I fix this?

Pic related, turned off optimization

Is there any phones with SD630 or SD660?

SD630: no
SD660: Oppo R11 and R11 Plus

Nice, where can one buy one?

Is ZUK Z2 Pro good?

When we are getting under 10nm Snapdragons? Is it taking battery efficiency even further than 10nm?

Too small batteries anything with bigger ones?

Only the regular Axon 7 is recommended, the 7 Mini isn't very good.

Out of that selection I'd go with the LG G6 or Huawei P10, Moto G5 Plus if you want something cheaper

China

Those are the only phones out at the moment with that SoC

2018. Yes.

Is the Xiaomi Redmi 4x the best chinkshit price/performance that doesn't chink you over too hard?

P10 Lite or Moto G5 Plus?

is it going to be 7nm in 2018?

HELLO IS THE ZUK 2 PRO FOR 200 EURO WORTH IT?

>2018

No, 2019 is when the first 7nm processors comes to phones.

YES YOU RETARD

Moto

I'm thinking about getting Mi Mix, US, VZW.

I think it should work, just want to make sure. I am falling for no bezel meme and I don't even care. I started off looking at Moto G5+ and have come to this.

Any advice? Should I wait for something else?

Is there going to be more competition in mobile processors markets in near future? Like Intel coming back or amd or Mediakek getting their shit together?

qualcomm will rule, intel killed their mobile line. mediakek is mediakek and samsung does their exynos line which is also quite good but not as open as qualcomm socs which means no custom roms.

Currently using the S5 because it was given to me for free and I needed a phone. It's been a few years since then and I need a better one.

>Country
US
>Carrier
Sprint
>Features
Mostly apps (games) and audio.
>Budget
Under $200
>Size
Don't care, as long as it fits in jeans and doesn't crush doing physical labor.

What's helios then?

The main competition will continue to be from Exynos and Kirin but those are available only in Samsung and Huawei phones. Xiaomi is trying their hand at making their own SoCs too, but for most manufacturers it's a choice between Mediatek and Snapdragon.

What's a chink phone under $100 with good custom rom/modding/LOS support?

Helios is just the brand name for Mediatek SoCs, similarly how Qualcomm SoCs are called Snapdragon

Just got a new phone. What are some essential Android apps? I've already got Evernote and VSCO.

LG is supposedly going to make own SoC with Intel.

bestbuy.com/site/apple-iphone-se-32gb-space-gray-sprint/5789902.p?skuId=5789902

fastcardtech.com/XIAOMI-Mi4C-MI-4C.html

Choose "original new" under version, "official exchange" = refurbished

>At least 4GBRAM
>At least 32GB internal storage
>Decent camera
>Size up to 5.5 inch
>Stereo speakers
>Water resistance
>Good battery life

I would define good battery life as no need to charge the phone every day

Money is not an issue, I am from EU. What can I get?

Anyone here rooted their HTC one M8. I was thinking should I root my phone and install custom rom on it to get from android 6 to 7. Also I would like to remove bloatware software because only 16gb internal memory.

lenovo p2

Thanks user. I need it to be under $100 to avoid my country's import taxes. Is the refurbished one a bad deal?

Why would you the a refurbished one when it's the same price as a new one?

Install the official LineageOS ROM without Gapps or with minimal Gapps

Recently bought the axon 7 but am unhappy with it so I'm returning it.
What should I get for like 550$ or less?
I prefer 5.5" screen or bigger, no iBaby

what is the difference between official and unofficial lineageos on htc one m8? Why there is unofficial one?

forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8/general/discussion-android-7-nougat-t3505252

The only phones that fulfill all your requirements are HTC U11 and Sony XZ Premium

Keep in mind that a lot of chink sellers will not declare the real value of the phone. I bought my rn3p for 200cad and the package said 50cad. You can usually ask them to do it to be sure.

The unofficial one existed before the official build came out, it's not updated anymore.

What was wrong with it?

>$550 or less
LG G6

Is the S8 for 500 GBP a good deal or nah?

Also should go with the S8 or an OP5/G6

Mate 9 is $499 on Amazon

LG G6
eglobalcentral.co.uk/lg-g6-h870ds-64gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-white.html#/product/20539

Anyone in the USA got boost Mobile? If so how's the unlimited data plan?

I bought a Samsung Galaxy s5 about six months ago and it was working perfectly! But in the last week the battery has been draining really really fast.

I tested it today and it lost 11% in an hour after I fully charged it. I just left it sitting on a table and it drained that much.
It seems to be getting worse as the time goes on.

I tried disabling stuff like location, factory reset and I even bought a new battery but it is still terrible.

The android system is consuming 26.6% of the battery and the kernel is consuming 11.2% within the last hour.

I've had major issues trying to use whatsapp That I haven't had on other phones, also one of the reasons i got it was for the Dolby atmos but it's a pain to get it working right every time I get in the car to listen to music

Huawei Nexus 6P bootloop "fixed"
xda-developers.com/nexus-6p-bootloop-fix/

thanks

Install a custom ROM

Is the OP5 not worth getting? Originally I was deciding between the two but went with the axon 7

Which one is best?

LineageOS or Resurrection Remix

>OP5
It's fine, but what does it offer over the LG G6 or Mate 9? The camera isn't as good and there's no waterproofing or expandable storage.

Just got my G4 back from LG's repair center, and since I'm having to start all over again I'm thinking of rooting it this time. But I've heard there's problems with trying to root my specific model (H810)?

should I get a moto g5 plus now or wait for them to have their event or whatever they're going to announce?

Best CustomRom for HTC one m8? Is rooting enough for deleting bloatware? I kinda like HTC sense desu.

Wait

Any actual responses?

You already got one

I'd prefer something not Apple.

Moto E4 or G5 Plus

Hello Sup Forums I just got my first smartphone for my birthday I'm 29 years old.

Now I'm fairly naive when it comes to billing and 4G networks so I was wondering what settings should I tweak for this thing to save me the most money and battery life?

My mom bought a Moto G5 (not plus) and it's quite nice but they say battery life is shit.

How trusted is the Samsung J7 2016? I like the specs on it for the price and the fact that it has a removable battery. Is it worth a buy and does it malfunction easily, and if it does break would it be easy to fix? Can I do better for the price (~$200)?

What type of a mobile plan do you have?

Nokia 7 when

Stop these shitposts you retard

I'm a mexican guy, My mom tells me that if I pay, say, 20 bucks I get 20 days of unlimited calls and 2GB of data. The data part is not clear but I set it as 'data saver' anyway, so it will only use wifi, I think.

all the phones in 2017 so far suck

What is the likely release date for the Pixel XL 2?

Hello everyone, got a question for you all.

My niece forgot the pattern to her Motorola Moto G and wants to somehow get access to her files. She asked me, the guy who usually fixes electronic stuff in the family for some reason, if I could find a way to help her with that.

Well, I've been trying all day and all I can find on the internet is google's ADM, which isn't a viable solution in this case because she had no google account, and the hard reset, which would erase her files from the cellphone.

Does any of you have any way I could get the files from the phone, despite the forgotten pattern on the lock screen?

Any info/tips/solutions would be greatly appreciated.

A question from a smartphone illiterate such as myself:

I've had a nice Moto G2 for a long time, but it's close to kicking the bucket, so i got myself a Moto G5+ on Prime Day, The problem is that i had plenty of bought apps on my previous phone. Can i import everything on my previous phone onto the new one? If so, how?

They should all be considered as "bought" on your google play account, so you could just re-download them on any device you own I believe.

I want to root my Samsung Galaxy S5, what is the best and safest option?

When you first set the phone up and log into your Google play store account, it should ask if you want import apps from another device. I think you can even do it over Android Beam.

Yes
Also, no head jacks are also a meme

Sweet. Thanks! I'm barely unboxing this thing, but i'll be sure to check it out.

any apps purchased the the Play Store can be used on an infinite amount of Android devices so you're good on that end. Getting app data to transfer over on the other hand...

Any Zenfone 3 users here? Looking at one as the specs seem great for the price. Just wondering what the usability is actually like as I just get the vibe it's a glorified chinkphone.

Does anyone here have a samsung note 4 with either lineage or resurrection and is willing to share his battery life? I'm on stock 6.0.1 rn getting 4.5h SoT. Is it worth it?

All Google related app data transfers across any device. It's only the third party stuff that might not.

australian on optus thinking of buying a htc 10 outright to replace aging galaxy s2
are there any better options available? durability and a 3.5mm are important
can any fellow ausfag whether jb hi fi's htc 10 are telstra branded?

sell me on the OnePlus 3T/5 over V20

no bootoops or retarded second screen

If you supposedly "don't care as long as it's under $250" couldn't you just walk to a phoneshop and buy the first

isn't the issue on the V20 fixed by using a not shit cable?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_smartphone_bootloop_issues#LG_V10_and_V20
>In response to reports that a model of its successor, the LG V20, experienced a similar bootloop issue, LG claimed that the failure had been caused by the usage of a non-compliant third-party USB-C cable.[7]

Who are you talking to?

People on the internet.

Well to be perfectly honest, none of us are talking to each other, these are all written messages.