/MG/ Monitor General

For everything about monitors.

I'll start: what do you think about pic related (Dell U2518D)?

It costs the same as the U2515H and has the fake HDR, but still...buy or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/Monitors/MG279Q/
amazon.com/Samsung-U28E590D-28-Inch-LED-Lit-Freesync/dp/B00YD3DBOC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what program is that?

An interpretation of a generic photoshop, because that image comes from dell's pressroom and it's marketing for the monitor.

It's like when insurance companies uses fake generic cars without logos.

Is this a good monitor? It has all the features I want

asus.com/Monitors/MG279Q/

all they do is debadge cars though

I too am interested in that monitor and need to know if apart from the hdr bullshit is a good monitor better than the 2515 or not.

Do I really need TN panels for gaming? I mean I'm not an autismo who needs 144 Hz and 1 ms times for playing...I can survive without being memed into buying products aimed at (((gamers)))

Pretty sure it's either the same identical panel, or a newer revision of the same panel.

I want to buy a Dell S2417DG but the fact that it has a TN panel kinda throws me off

Any other 120+Hz recommendations?

the only advantage TN has for gaymen is 144Hz for cheap, and also the only 1ms option too

just get any 60~75Hz IPS screen and be happy

Yeah so far I looked at the data sheet of that monitor and I found out the response time to be 5 ms (instead of 6 ms of the u2515h), has 1 HDMI 2.0 instead of 2 x HDMI 1.4, for the rest I really don't know if I should wait for a tftcentral review or pulling the trigger right now since on dell's website this monitor is being sold with a discounted price.

Nixeus has a monitor coming out in a week that uses the same panel, I think.
Bezel looks thick but it should have a wider freesync range and be a little cheaper.

It's what I'm waiting for anyway.

That's what I want to hear.
The monitors in the op seems like a nice choice to me.

I've got two u2515h

They're pretty incredible for the price I paid ($260 each)

OP here, I can confirm.

My local Amazon don't have that model in stock and they don't know when it'll be sold again (I need to buy from them because the monitor lottery + fast return/refund) so I looked on Dell's website shop, because also they offer a 3 years advanced warranty, but the same monitor (u2515h) that on Amazon is listed for 330€ is sold for 469€ shipped, the very same as the newer u2518d. That's why I'm asking here.

>2017
>buying monitors that doesn't even have 100% DCI-P3 color space coverage

Why would you care unless you're regularly working on highly color accurate work?

Further, Windows is garbage for normal use and wider gamuts

I need a 4K monitor for content creation. No games. Photoshop, ZBrush, Premiere, Painter etc.

Was thinking about LG 27UD68P-B

Anything better than that around that price range?

If it's for content creation do you really want to limit yourself to 1440p effective resolution?

4k without gui scaling requires a 40" panel. Anything less gets scaled down, 27" to 1440 and 24" to 1080.

Bought an Acer Et430k 43 inch 4k monitor for $530.00 USD after tax from Microcenter. So far it's been a great buy. The Display Port has some ghosting issues, so I switched to the HDMI port, so far so good.

What about this?

amazon.com/Samsung-U28E590D-28-Inch-LED-Lit-Freesync/dp/B00YD3DBOC

Is there an IPS monitor with Quantum Dot technology yet, or will I have to wait till the end of this year?

I'm looking at 27" monitors but i'm not sure if i should play safe and go 1440 or "future proof" with 4k.

The U2715 is pretty affordable these days, which makes it tempting, i really love the look of the Dell S2618D but it is a little impractical, some of LG's displays look nice, especially since they almost all include freesync.

i don't really play fast FPS so high refresh isn't super important to me.

>TN
>170/160 degrees viewing angle

Enjoy color banding the second you even shift in your chair.

Future proof is not 4K if you ask me, we need fucking oled monitors.

I too made the same reasoning as you did, wanting a 4K monitor to be future proof...but let's be honest, if you play videogames with your pc you can't play 4K stable without spending a lot of money in GPUs and if you're stuck with a non 4K good GPU (I have a GTX 1070) you won't appreciate your monitor until you will upgrade to a more powerful GPU.

Another thing is that 4K is useless on a 27" panel and you need to scale everything on windows, so go with a 1440p panel (the U2515H is perfect with it being 25") and wait for affordable smaller oled monitors because 4K is being memed nowadays.