Initial Ryzen gaming benchmarks show it losing to Intel in every game to 7700K

>initial Ryzen gaming benchmarks show it losing to Intel in every game to 7700K
>"Wait for optimizations, Ryzen is a new platform and performance will improve with BIOS updates and game optimizations."
>Initial Skylake-X gaming benchmarks show it losing to 7700K in every game
"HAHAHA Intlel BTFO Bulldozer 2.0 failure of the century Pentium 4 reborn!!!
WHy is Sup Forums so hypocritical? Why is no one pointing out that games could theoretically optimize for the new mesh uarch and alternative cache structure? Why did everyone give AMD like 6 months to optimize Ryzen but people are saying Intel's new platform is the end of the company just because of weak day 1 gaming benchmarks? I just don't see how it's fair to judge Intel for trying something new to improve server performance at the slight expense of gaming FPS, but if you even dared to criticize day 1 gaming benchmarks for Ryzen everyone started screaming "WAIT FOR OPTIMIZATIONS!"

Fuck off back to Sup Forums manchild

It's going to be a while before any CPU beats the 7700k @ 5GHz single threaded.

We need a second holocaust. Really a first one because the one they teach you in school didn't actually happen. But we need a holocaust we're we specifically kill all gaymurs who post gayming shit in this board instead of Sup Forums

I just don't see why everyone here was willing to give Ryzen the benefit of the doubt as far as gaming was concerned, but the fact that Skylake-X is unable to beat the 7700K on initial benchmarks means Intel is dead for gaming. It just seems hypocritical, wouldn't it make sense to wait and see if any games optimize for Intel's new uarch before calling it the next Bulldozer?

Because AMD fanboys are the absolute fucking worst. The same people shouting "WAIT FOR OPTIMIZATIONS" then are the same ones shouting "INTEL IS FINISHED LOL" now.

Skylake-X's problem isn't gaming, it's its shit heat waste, power consumption, CPU and platform cost, and absurd cooling requirements for overclocking.

no one cares about video games user, computers have other uses

Fuck off Sup Forums

Is this the thread where kikes come to vent how unfairly Intel has been treated the last few months and how everything is AMD's fault including the internal meltdown at Santa Clara?

Face it. none of you retards use any expensive hardware for anything besides gaming. If it weren't for games the home PC would essentially be dead as almost any daily task can still be accomplished with a Core 2 Quad. Why do you need an i7 or Ryzen 7 anyway, for compiling Gentoo? This board is a joke, people shitpost back and forth about the merits of X $2000 PC vs. Y $2000 PC when the majority of people here don't need anything more than a $500 used laptop. Sup Forums bitches and whines about gamingm streaming and youtubers all day without realizing that those are the people actually buying desktops still, otherwise everyone would have moved to mobile.

You do realize the 7700k is Intel too, right?

>computers have other uses
Yeah like shitposting on Sup Forums and compiling the Linux kernel, right? Go back to ricing your Arch/i3 desktop with pics of anime girls.

Skylake-X is for productivity first. These blatantly dodgy comparisons from both amd and intel fanboys really fucking tick me off.

Go cry somewhere else that your mommy won't give you the budget for a $350 CPU.

It's funny how they bitch about more cores, better single thread performance, and tdp.

Somehow they think Intel can magic up a 25w skylake 6GHz 32 core processor with 9999 pcie 4.0 lanes.

>WHy is Sup Forums so hypocritical?
We aren't, we're just throwing it in your faces that you didn't listen to us 3 months ago when we told you that MUH NIGGAHUTZ was a dead end and that Intel would not be able to release a 4c/8t CPU significantly faster than a 7700k until they get a new arch in 2020-2021, and that therefore they would have to go the moar coarz route and as a result Intel would have to trade away its clock advantage while still being materially worse in multi-threaded workloads.

You should have listened, faggot. Now choke on your MUH GAEMZ!!!

The mindset behind owning a powerful PC is no different to buying any other high end product - women, cars, watches, clothes, holidays etc. I earned the money to pay for it so I'm going to have it.

Look you child, I buy shit because I want it, I have come to the conclusion these 4 cores are limiting me when I have a lot of shit open, and no that are not games, so the logical continuation is that I buy something more powerful, pretty simple isn't it? Even if I don't REALLY need it.

Just like I don't REALLY need all these professional bosch/makita powertools, but I still have them.

tl;dr my money

Are you fucking kidding me? You do realize we live in the first world, right? Right???

>Only video games require powerful hardware
Again, fuck off back to Sup Forums manchild

Yeah, watching anime and ricing your desktop requres really powerful hardware, right? You want to know why every single consumer motherboard advertises towards gamers? Because those are the only people actually buying expensive hardware. gaming, streaming and video editing are the three pillars of consumer desktops. Without gaming the PC market would crash over night and there would be mobile and workstations left. If you use a $50 Thinkpad your opinion on expensive hardware is irrelevant. Sup Forums hates the very people keeping the PC market alive, this board wouldn't exist without games.

Can you cool it with the autism and stop projecting? Last time I checked me doing video, photography and music production requires powerful hardware, which you know nothing about since you think computers are glorified video game consoles

Sup Forums isn't a collective.

Because Intel has billions and billions of dollars to take care of this shit before launch. AMD scraped together a few rupees and the cheapest computer scientists they could hire from Mumbai.

>as almost any daily task can still be accomplished with a Core 2 Quad. Why do you need an i7 or Ryzen 7 anyway, for compiling Gentoo?
Almost any daily task can still be accomplished by an Athlon64 but that doesn't mean it won't take longer.

When I am working with videos or doing post on my photos my i7 sees significant levels of usage. When I export it is generally fully utilized. An Athlon64 could do the same work but it would take several times longer.

Gaming certainly does drive some things. Affordable feature rich motherboards are certainly a byproduct of gaming, but the idea that the only reason we have or need powerful CPUs is because of gaming is laughable.

sometimes that's easy to forget, especially around this time of year

also hi Sup Forums

>buying hardware solely based on muh video game benchmarks
You're on the wrong board

What? Did you miss all the shitposts about Ryzen's gaming performance when it was released?

>without gamers computers would be obsolete
Never had a job before have you?

This happened with Bulldozer too, peole said for years that gaming performance would improve over time, unlike Ryzen though FX performance never improved. Sandy Bridge still rapes Bulldozer in modern games, even the i5 2500K's minimums are better than Piledriver. AMD fans are crazy, they'll cling to any shred of hope.

Holy shit Sup Forums faggot stallmanites btfo

Every place of work I've been in, they use 5-10 year old cheap as shit boxes from Dell/HP/etc.

Skylake-X can't be fixed. Overclocking does nothing. Mesh overclocking does nothing. Faster RAM does nothing. The mesh and cache changes cripple it permanently.

It's also significantly more expensive than Ryzen or even Intel's mainstream platform.

So you've never had a real job, thanks for confirming. The workstations we use at work are $1700 laptops, upgraded every year.

I know people who make $330,000 a year who use 7 year old company issued laptops.

>for compiling Gentoo
Unironically this

Does he work for Nintendo?

ADP

Simple

AMD = Made by Pajeets

Intel = Made by Jews

Sup Forums has a very large pajeet presence, so naturally AMD will be the favorite.

If I was getting paid $330k a year I would not give a shit what computer they made me use either.

I was specifically talking about consumer hardware, not workstations. Of course Dell shitboxes would still exist, and Xeons and now Epyc would still exist, but the idea of a person buying anything over $300 for home use would no longer exist. Sure, some people would still want to do distributed computer, calculate primes, run home servers, etc., but those are niche groups that wouldn't be able to support a whole market themselves.

I'm just saying, the vast majority of people that matter in the economy (salesmen), don't have very high computing demands. The "muh job" excuse thing is dumb, video editors and developers make up a very small portion of corporate computer use.

>plays video games
>thinks people with servers are "niche"
You really fucked up this time Sup Forums. Mods underage ban.

and with it that wacky jew fixation so many deniers have

I can literally guarantee there are more consumers with gaming PC's than home servers or a NAS, you're delusional.

this tbqh famalam

>being an uptimelet

So why build a flashy desktop with overkill parts and water cooling and all that, when an expensive laptop is way more convenient? Do you enjoy be chained to a desk when watching anime?

>ITT: gaymers still think they're the only market for high-end CPUs and GPUs
Can't you faggots fuck off back to ?

>A few months ago
>defend Intel on Sup Forums
>"FUCKING GAYMERS"

>now
>criticize Intel on Sup Forums
>"FUCKING GAYMERS"

Face it, "gamers" are just a scapegoat for people you disagree with, like how white people treat the Jews.

>It's going to be a while before any CPU beats the 7700k @ 5GHz single threaded.
next year. amd-ibm 7nm. 5ghz base clock.

>MAHHHHDS HELP ME! BAN HIM REEEE
and so the true face of the gamer hater emerges, the SJW

still butthurt from gg lol

You guys have no fucking clue.

Ryzen is obliterating the market right now, Intel is fucking finished.

Laptops are for fags

How's summer going so far, user? I hope Sup Forums is treating you well.

Intel themselves admitted SKL-X gaymen perf and housefire issues are unfixable.

>Mike Clark
>Pajeet
?

Because ryzen was a brand new architecture. SkylakeX isn't brand new.

Skylake-X is mainly mocked for being a housefire. Also, you can't fix missing hardware with microcode updates. It's worse than Broadwell-E in games due to the reduced L3 cache. This won't change.

While everyone is laughing at your game tard shit I'm going to laugh at your $500 laptop remark.

>laptop is way more convenient
It sure is. Limited to 1, sometimes 2 hard drives, shit specs, shit tiny screen, totally unergonomic to use (forces you to slouch over), most laptops are either built like shit or severely overpriced (with exception of old used business class laptops).
Laptops are shit for anything else than portable use. Back when I was college child I used mine for uni shit, now it just sits next to my bed as my dedicated fap machine.

typical ayy em dee poster

My laptop is capable of 3 HDDs and 2 msata SSDs.

Of course it's only a laptop in name...

You can mitigate most of those problems by spending more on a laptop. You can also plug them into a monitor to use them at a desk if you're so opposed using it anywhere else.