Help With ISP Throttling Internet

. My internet provider has a data limit set for my internet until it becomes unbearably slow until the next billing cycle. I did my best to adapt to it by pirating music but I draw the line at anime, movies, etc.

I'm as poor as a church mouse so going to another internet provider isn't an option until the contract expires.

Thanks for any tips you may give.

Other urls found in this thread:

vpn.ht
xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/xr11-remote-faqs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get a job

I'm working as a CNA.

Become a LPN or RN.

I'm working on that actually, but I need to have a few more years of college first before I can become an RN at least.

Then focus on college instead of anime.

Seriously, what do expect us to do?

You either buy a bigger data cap or switch providers. that is your two options.

You think there's some 1337 hak 2 unlock moar internets?

No, I don't. I was just hoping for some suggestions and I'm mostly clueless when it comes to technology in general because it just isn't my forte.

I thought about using a regular VPN but wanted to explore some possible other options by coming here. There was no harm in at least trying to get some feedback despite it being a possible waste.
It's summer break and I have been focusing on college. Also, I rarely watch anime because I have other things on my mind. The most anime I watch is 3-8 per year.

Move to EU

Become a pimp

I'd rather become a pirate. Yar Har Fiddle Dee Dee

>The most anime I watch is 3-8 per year.

Fucking casual.

Do what I want coz I fap to CP

>Bragging about his mental illness

I. Am. A Pirate~

>Sorry for having too much time to spend with my real waifus

How about a VPS? Rent a virtual server somewhere with shell access and do all your heavy downloading and p2p there. Download only what you actually want at home, through your home connection or some gracious local business with free wifi.

How many GB is it? My parents had a 10 GB/month plan for ages until they realized they could switch to a 40 GB one with the same provider for $4 extra.

30-50GB I believe
Not a bad idea user. I'll write that down as an option and try it out when I can. Thanks for the idea.

crack your neighbours wifi

>30-50GB I believe
Stop watching (((entertainment))).

What if I don't feel like it?

How about you kill yourself.

Also, compress that shit with xz on the VPS before downloading it. Trust me, it's amazing.

>My internet provider has a data limit set for my internet until it becomes unbearably slow until the next billing cycle

Comcast?

I love not having net neutrality.

Its just the bee's knees, is it not fellow anons?

>Comcast
the penultimate in plebeian ISP's

dont expect to have a single second of privacy

They even send you TV remotes now with built in microphones, free of charge, what a deal!!

>They even send you TV remotes now with built in microphones,

haha what? Well the good thing is no one in my family is their customer anyway.

the funniest bit is that they basically dropped service in my hometown (and two other cities in the same area) rather than put in the necessary maintenance needed to ensure signal quality and stay on the FCC bands. This was their Christmas gift to 100 thousand people (150 if you count the prison populations too) two-three years ago.

vpn.ht

Dish

do some shit

>xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/xr11-remote-faqs/
authuentic and heterosexzual

>xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/xr11-remote-faqs/
What happens to my voice commands after I speak them into the remote?
>After you speak into the Voice Remote, the voice commands are sent to Comcast and its contracted service provider for processing.
comzcastz I luvz tou!

>ISP Throttling Internet
>Data Caps
>Locked By Contract
So this what people call land of the free.

Freez and prudz to B n Amiricin!

amerifats like to have choices. options, not so much...

I'd just like to interject for a moment, what you're referring to as "real waifus" is in fact "3dimensional/pig disgusting", or as i've recently taken to calling it, "3 dimensional + pig disgusting".

Seriously ? Steal your neighbours wifi, use public wifi to download big files, there's a lot you can do.

>not foregoing low-iq instincts in favor of higher learning

>le liberal Cartesian disembodied head meme
no

Pirate movies and anime somewhere else like using your work internet on an external hard drive.

Do a speed test and your ISP might bump the limit for a (short) while.