I need a laptop for 4 things: browsing internet, skype, downloading movies...

I need a laptop for 4 things: browsing internet, skype, downloading movies, and doing stuff for college like in MS Word or something.
Any recommendations?

Btw, I would like to spend less than $400.

No

you could get literally any laptop with what you want to do. as much as thinkpads are shilled here you can get a used x220\t420 for around 100$ and they work fine alog with being durable.

Chromebook pretty much does this. But my advice would be to install Linux on it. It would be so much better. You can use Skype, Libreoffice, torrent etc. Plus it can also use less resources. Would recommend Ubuntu. Chrome OS can actually run Android on top but I do not know if it will do that well.

Sudo apt-get

Sudu apt-update

Sudo apt-get upgrade

Will be your freind.

Get a Surface Pro for maximum comfy.

Chromebook with Galium OS.

>Less than $400
Look for a used MacBook Air or pre retina MBP.

Whats Gallium OS ? I think im gonna takr samsung chromebook pro

I just searched it. This is ideal actually. It's a Linux OS built with Chromebooks she Chromebox in mind and it looks like it's a fork of Ubuntu.

>Install Linux
>Install Skype

pick only one

Get a used thinkpad if you want the most bang for the buck

Start off by enrolling in a real major

chromebook. just get one with a decent screen

All of them

>chromebook + linux
>Skype and MS Word

Google shill V iShill

apt-get doesn't work in chromeOS

>chromebook
>downloading movies
What did he mean by this?

>browsing internet
Macs have Safari, which lets you browse Sup Forums with Sup Forums-x for 10 hours straight.
>skype
You're an absolute pleb but Skype works on macOS just fine.
>downloading movies
Transmission is great.
>MS Word
Office for Mac is superior in every way to Office for Windows.

Basically what I'm saying is stop acting like a poorfag and buy a Mac.

Thinkpad X230 with SSD and 9 cell battery.

He said install linux on it retard

>Skype
>2017
Jesus Christ, user.

>implying anyone is getting paid for this shit
The truth is much sadder than you think, user.

Get an old used 1080p business laptop which you can buy cheap batteries for, throw in an SSD, more RAM if needed, and you're set.

Buy a used macbook 2013

There's literally no reason to use some OS 'customized' for a chromebook. Just throw Debian unstable on the hypothetical chromebook.

Is this a laptop thread if so I need a sub 500€ convertable laptop which can handle light gaming like Senran kagura for example

THIS

Literally anything

this

This

>Btw, I would like to spend less than $400.

Lulz, even a used T60 or Latitude E6400 could do that. You'll get one of these for $50 on ebay.

Something you can libreboot.

I want this

Go to slickdeals and buy what ever laptop is on the front page that's in your price range.

Get a Chromebook.

>$200 chromebook
>can do what you said
>if not install full linux

Slow as fuck put any light distro on it and it will run baby ass smooth. Using crouton will do as good. ChromeOS has the best performance for what it is on a chromebook. You can alternatively run anything without GUI in a crouton as well.

only that the cheapest macbook costs $1200 when you exclude those old ass MBA models with ancient display technology for $900

>buying new laptops
I miss old Sup Forums

You can do this all on an Android phone just get a USB otg connector and a keyboard

Anyone knows anything about the x230t?
I found someone selling it 2nd hand for 270$ which is pretty cheap.

Bought it less than 2 years ago.

Should I go for it? I know the folding screen & touch is a gimmick but its still 8gb Ram + SSD + I7.