>i fell for the thinkpad jew

>looking to buy a laptop
>Sup Forums tells me thinkpads are the best
>buy pic related
>tells me to get a ssd and re install windows
>i do that
>get blue screen of death 2 months later

Just wait for the Limited Edition anniversary Thinkpad user.

>re install windows
Dumb faggot, we told you to install gentoo

>reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>I'm never listening to your guise again

quality post friend, this is surely the first time we've had this thread.

Get blue screen, press the power button and restart

Lmao fucking idiot shoulda bought a macbook pro.

>buy a ThinkPad
>install Windows on it

Thank you for your purchase, friend. Please do tell that you are having buy legitimate Microsoft© license for this computer.

This tbqh; also you're a retarded cunt for listening to a collective suggestion by Sup Forums when it comes to hardware advice. People here shill for what works for them, not you.

>get blue screen of death
Yeah, welcome to Windows. Just reboot and hope it doesn't start happening more frequently

seriously though, are these worth it? Im thinking of buying one when I enter college

>you're a retard for listening to collective suggestion by Sup Forums

Why? The w520 is a solid machine for a great price. Honestly, the t520 with a FHD screen offers a better value for your money, but the w520 is still better than anything else you'll find in that price range.

get an air if you're a poorfag desu

Macfag go away. Pls leave.

And there it is

They're good for college. If you want something for class, get the x220. It's lightweight and you can get a dock for it for $15. The dock will let you seamlessly use it as a desktop when you get home. I think the x220 will run 3 FHD external screens if you turn off the internal monitor.

You can get them for $100 on eBay. A new battery will set you back $30, and the dock another $15.

Anything that isn't the T420 is objectively worse.

It's time to bow to your chinese overlords Sup Forums

is there any way to fix it? what causes it anyway?

>is there any way to fix it?
Install an operating system that actually functions
>what causes it anyway?
Windows

really? then why have i never had it on any of my previous computers that had windows?

Luck

OY VEY, STOP TELLING POOR COLLEGE KIDS THAT THEY DON'T NEED TO ADD $2000 TO THEIR STUDENT LOANS TO GET A MacBook©

well is there really no way to fix it?
it's pretty annoying getting the blue screen every week

I though the blue screen was caused when your computers hardware was failing

>every week

That's not normal. You're screwing something up.

No, it's Windows breaking. The fact that it has a name should tell you how common the problem is.

Thinkpads are a shitty meme. If you want a real laptop that will last and perform, get a Xiaomi Ultrabook.

Very few, if any people on this board run Windows on their Thinkpads. You'd be much better off with a general Google search, desu.

Have this wallpaper as a reminder for when you get it fixed or switch to something else.

>You're screwing something up.
What do you mean?

>Sup Forums tells me to install windows
somehow i doubt that

It's a software problem usually. If there is a serious hardware problem then the whole thing likely crashes to text

Help

Ok guys how do I get a non shitty battery for my t410? Mine lasts like 30 mins, at this point I'm probably going to save up for a macbook pro or the newest x model thinkpad, I give zero fucks

The issue isn't thinkpad, it's the fact you purchased it on ebay from a shady dude and you didn't have the guts to bitch at the seller.

what are you talking about? i bought in from a guy with 100% positive feedback and i would bitch at the seller but i'm not sure that would help at all since it's only a 30 day return would it? it's been 3 months

>you didn't have the guts to bitch at the seller.
what would that do after months of owning the thing? tell me that

>tfw OP fell for windooz meme

PayPal is up to 180 days.

Is the computer even the problem though? it might just be windows
the guy only sells computers and doesn't have 1 negative review

How should I know? Try Windows 10 and see if it bluscreens as well.

>Try Windows 10
nice try

also sometimes when you close the lid it doesn't come back on you have to hold the power button and then turn it back on
doesn't do it when you manually put it in sleep not yet anyway

Shit like this is why I don't bother with refurbished stuff. Instead I got myself a Not-A-Real-Thinkpad E460 that is basically just another laptop but with a much better keyboard.

Would have bought one of these if I didn't find a decent deal on a DELL XPS 13 9365.

Keep telling yourself that, my friend, while W520 users enjoy their 1080p high quality panel when you are using a shitty one with horseshit view angles and colours on your T420 and while W520 users enjoy their much more powerful machine. W520 is objectively better than T420 except for women and weak faggots like you who cant carry the W520 and the massive charger of it

T42T420 users BTFO the fuck out

install linux baka

small stupid question,
why does Sup Forums change my text sometimes?
i typed "install linux s m h "(without spaces)
and it changed it. sometimes it changes though to desu and stuff ..

Where do I unsubscribe from your blog?

>asking for legit advice on obvious bait thread
>literally c2d models are more expensive than ivy bridge thinkpad
>poorfag

Also that explains a lot of shit desu

It's not a bait thread

>blog post OP
>Macfags everywhere
>pajeetposting and Microsoft hate
>not a bait thread
I'm sorry are you new or something?

You should have gotten a T or X series m80m8.

Yes yes good goy, apple is an overpriced fad better buy some chink dhit, very very good.

t. asian hand rubbing

>buying used semen stained laptops