FIREFOX WINS AGAIN

They did it, after long time of having to choose between Google Botnet and shitty SJW Firefox now we can go back. They improved it, it'll be no longer shit.

metafluff.com/2017/07/21/i-am-a-tab-hoarder/

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/add-on-compatibility-reporter/
github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/issues/1107#issuecomment-314754318
testpilot.firefox.com/experiments/tab-center/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>install latest firefox
>multiprocess is still disabled by default (inactivated because of an addon) EVEN THOUGH IT'S A COMPLETELY NEW INSTALL ON A REFORMATED WINDOWS 10 COMPUTER WITHOUT ANY ADDONS INSTALLED

i will spit on FireFox's grave

>new install
>old addon

Shut up.

>having to arrow through tabs

I never left

>Unironically shilling for SJWFox in current year
Get lost libtard

Firefox 56 will be my last update, then to find a fork that develops upon that update and will keep legacy extensions

if they kill the "legacy addons" firefox fucking drops dead, "normal" people are going to move without problems to chrome since, firefox is going to become a crappy clone of chrome anyway

But then what chrome do better than Firefox to justify my switch?

Firefox now no-longer automatically loads inactive background tabs when you open the browser

Something chrome has had right for years

Why did it take Firefox so long?

Firefox 55 when?

what are you even trying to say

You mean on-demand tab loading? Chrome starts mass-loading all your old tabs, choking out your CPU. Firefox has had the correct choice (namely on-demand) for years.

The only addon normal people use is AdBlock Plus/uBlock Origin, both of which will still be supported in Firefox 57. In fact, most addons will still be supported, only very niche addons will go down.

kek this is why I never felt any lag recently
Well, not that I was using enything else

What specifically do you take issue with?

is this opposite day?
did chrome finally get deferred tab loading?

When it comes to tabs, Firefox cheats.

If you restart Firefox and "restore previous session" when you had a session with a lot of tabs, Firefox will appear as though it loaded all of your tabs in an instant, but those tabs won't actually load on their own until you actually click on them. It's bullshit. Firefox is CHEATING to appear more snappy and responsive than it really is.

I don't want all of my 200 bookmark tabs to be loaded when I start the browser.

user_pref("browser.sessionstore.restore_on_demand", false);
kys

It's not CHEATING if your rival is stupid.

Because instead of building a better browser to stop losing marketshare they added shit like pocket and kept changing the UI.

I switched to chrome back when a single flash tab could completely crash the browser. Ive been wanting to go back to FF for a while now for tree style tabs and downthemall but with the addon changes they are going to do I don't see the point anymore.

what the fuck delayed loading is exactly what I want it to do you faggot

My furryfox has its multiprocess disabled by addons. Is there any way to see which addon is causing it?

>furryfox
is that palemoon or firefox?

why the fuck do retards have so many tabs open
the bookmarks feature exists for a reason

firefox 54

my bookmarks are already full as fuck

Mozilla still full of commie SJW scum.

Hence Firefox remains shit.

Install addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/add-on-compatibility-reporter/
It will add a label next to every addon.

>people have their tabs saved

What the fuck

What if someone sits on your PC and opens the browser?

I thought Sup Forums valued their privacy??

Last I checked I had 425 tabs open on Chrome. It's using about 12Gb RAM. Not bad all things considered.

>reddit spacing
>double question mark at the end of a sentence that's not even a question
You need to go back.

I lock my PC whenever I leave even if it's just for a moment.

Bruh why wpuld you want all your tabs loaded at once concurrently lmao

Because it's slow to have to wait for a page to load when I click on the tab, you mongoloid

>now no-longer
It hasn't done that in like four years

>meme arrows

Waterfox

>rightclick
>reload all tabs

It ultimately saves you time.

>he uses dial-up

YOU need to go back. Stop trying

That's ok, but how will I add vimperator to it?

by installing vimfx

Firing Eich for a politcal donation

Spending money on replacing the word 'slave' in code, despite it being a long established term

Destroying their own product by doing diversity hires instead of hiring competent engineers

Friendly reminder:

github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/issues/1107#issuecomment-314754318
>as you would prefer we do not use Google Analytics at all, many Mozilla Staff and users are either happy we do or ambivilant

Waterfox master race.

I'm so sick of SJW virtue signaling.

Never will I use this PC browser again.

>Win10
kek

how will firecucks ever recover

Kek, they worsened at each update trying to replicate chrome.

they are never going to recover

Use Fx 52 ESR until Netrunner is ready

>"A picture of a group of black people on a website for a non-profit organization that emphasizes promoting community values? I AM DEEPLY OFFENDED! #BOYCOTT"

because i'll just forget about them
i used to use bookmarks, way back when browsers didn't have tabs, as it was the easiest way to put things aside while the browser is closed
but unloaded tabs do that better
if it's something i'm not done with yet, i leave it open as a tab
if it's something i'm done with, i close it
if it's something i'm done with, AND it was hard to find, then i will either save it (that is, actually save the content to a file), or if that doesn't make sense, i'll make a bookmark

i have 13 bookmarks and 158 tabs open at this moment

>People actually switched away from firefox just because of some cucks trying to ruin things

You can't let that shit get in the way of your life user. Eventually the teams working on stupid stuff get cut and all the people who aren't supposed to be there get fired. Now it's just the true nerds working on core functionality.

>Paying for high speed internet that will be frequently throttled when net neutrality dies

>happy we do or ambivilant
Amazing.
Waterfox is a blessing.

they fucked up addon compatibility, it's the end of firefox for me

Are you a 10 year old child or a pajeet? Your IQ says so.

>Don't actually load any of the tabs
>wow so fast
Fantastic, now instead of having a 10 second startup time for 100 tabs it just takes 3 seconds for every tab you want to actually go to. Good thing graphs are more important than actually using the browser.

firefox never loaded all the tabs

>FIREFOX WINS AGAIN
>takes years
>at this point "again" is irrelevant

c'mon man, firefox is shit use a man browser like Safari.

Bing.

>Oh, it's something I don't agree with. Rather than considering the possibility that it is a genuinely held opinion or belief, I will call it virtue signalling without any evidence of it being so. This cheapens their position. Damn niggers on dem' computers!

You're so emotional

when tree style tabs is killed off is when firefox dies.

What about Tab Center?

testpilot.firefox.com/experiments/tab-center/

that's just vertical tabs. i suppose it could work if there's a setting somewhere to make those enormous tabs much smaller. would still prefer tree sorting though.

>Firing Eich for a politcal donation
proof that this was why he was 'fired'? and further, wasn't he supposed to be the face of the organisation in a position like that? I wouldn't want him to be the face of the organisation considering that the majority hold different views.

>Spending money on replacing the word 'slave' in code, despite it being a long established term
did they actually spend money on this? if so, that's stupid.

>Destroying their own product by doing diversity hires instead of hiring competent engineers
how has the product been 'destroyed' by those people? in fact, it seems like it's being destroyed by the pressure to keep people using it, like by introducing DRM loading. There's no black woman sitting in her cubicle plotting the destruction of Mozilla m8

Recent versions of FF just run like shit for me, except for Nightly which ends up just too buggy for me.
Pale Moon and Icecat seem to run better

What did he mean by this

Being this retard.

are you checking on the first run after install?

e10s is not enabled until the second run

When's stable 55 rolling out?

>2017
>using windows 10

install gentoo

>being an amerishart
First world countries don't have this problem :)

Chrome? You mean Iridium son!

>Iridium is Chromium without Google, much faster, add ons work.

Chromefags used to post benchmark results to show how much faster chrome was back when everyone on Sup Forums used adblock plus, but they didn't realize the benchmarks didnt' include adblock plus and that when installed it slowed chrome to half the speed of firefox. Yet they still swore chrome was blazing fast compared to firefox.
Chromefags. They can't be helped.

Is iridium on Android?

>Thinks NN was about making the internet free.

Will firefox play nice with 4gb of ram now?

Firefox has been on a steady downward spiral of losing market share ever since Chrome released.

In the past month or so, Firefox recaptured a trickle of market share, which was mostly people ditching the abomination that is Microsoft Edge.

Firefox will not regain the lost market share from Chrome.

The path Mozilla should have gone, was doubling down on XUL, securing their current addon ecosystem, listening to their addon devs, and creating a method that's easy to donate to addon developers, maybe like how Twitch has a website currency to support and tip streamers.

It was Firefox's incredible addon community that drew people away from Internet Explorer, and if they kept Firefox attractive to develop addons for, we'd still be seeing amazing new addons that make Firefox unique and attractive.

Now, Firefox is a Chrome clone, shitty useless addons and all, so why the fuck would I want to use Firefox over Chrome? Privacy? Well if privacy was a huge concern, noone would have left Friecucks in the first place.

>No, it is Firefox that is wrong.

Why is Sup Forums so emotional? If the program works fine for me it's good, I don't give a fuck about this politics bullshit.

Not that user, but thanks for this. I'm multiprocess now.

I've got a little less than 4gb ram and I don't have any problems with firefox on lubuntu. Right now I just opened three tabs of videos on youtube in firefox for a test and midori for Sup Forums because no adblock for Sup Forums and ram is sitting at about 1100 mb. I also have several other applications open.

If you ever have more than 10 tabs open at once, you are a piece of shit and an embarrassment of a human being.
This is a personal plea from me to you to kill yourself.

you're really asking why Sup Forums gets triggered constantly?

>158 tabs open at this moment

>185+160+110+5+14+12+9+49+98+32
>equals 674 tabs across 10 task/theme-sorted windows
Are you even trying user?

Use PaleMoon faggots

What's the best browser for everyday use? Chromium?

Vivaldi

Eich wasn't even fired, the thin skinned faggot stepped down himself because baby couldn't handle criticism.

>furigana inserter isn't compatible, and most likely, never will

>spend money in removing language from code (did they even spend money?)
>Fucking SJWs wasting money and ruining Mozilla!

>CEO makes a literal $1000 donation to a conservative organization
>completely fine

Everything is fine as long as it fits your political agenda, huh.

>There's no black woman sitting in her cubicle plotting the destruction of Mozilla m8

Or is there?

As a tab hoarder myself, I welcome this improvement very much.

You're using nightly/beta? Stable is still on v54 currently.

Check your startup time after that.