Post mythical or folkloric creatures from your cunt, everything is allowed

Post mythical or folkloric creatures from your cunt, everything is allowed.

Pic related is the Beast of Gévaudan, it was actually real, an unknown serial killer used some kind of Wolfdog for killing people, some modern hypothesis said it was actually a Spotted Hyena.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_(folklore)
youtube.com/watch?v=feqt97XVEUc
youtube.com/watch?v=5DDr8WPAgpQ
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penanggalan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gulyabani

Why were people such bad drawers back in the day?

Anyways, Bigfoot. You all know about Bigfoot, right?

Wyomingites

whats bigfoot?

Wolpertinger. Really hard to catch as you have to pour salt over its tail or it will flee.

We have a ton. Some we share with different nations. Mostly other germanic ones. The Mara for example. "Mare" in English.

I'd to read a few books about other countries' folklore desu. Has anyone got any recommendations?

>from norse mythos
Trolls
Giants
Elves
Dwarves
Dark elves
And most other standard fantasy cliche creatures.

The "Tió the Nadal" (Christmas Log)

It's a log that the kids beat up with a stick in the Christmas Eve, with the rythm of a song.

When the kids do that, the log "shits" small gifts. Sweets, small toys, and food for Christmas.

Traditionally, if it is possible, the log is put to burn before the ritual. And you hit it while it's in flames. This is becoming less common, tho. Due to people living in cities, mainly.

It probably has the same origin of the Yule log.

(shit).

Forgot to explain: This is a tradition of Catalonia, Occitania, and Aragon. And "Tió de Nadal" is its Catalan name.

>created just to fuck with tourist

Germany sure is /devilish/

Banshee/Bean Sidhe
Dullahan
Selkie
Leprechaun
Faerie
Far darrig
Oilliphéist

Best mythology movie ever

The D&D nerds will knw these ones. (Swedish/Scandi folkloric creatures from around 1400 and onwards)
Draug
Changeling
Will o the wisp
Fearies

This lovely woman called "Çarşamba Karısı"

Witches can shoot fireballs and make your life harder than it was or can help you if you are not complete asshole. Really they are like to play on feels.

For example.

Skinwalker, wendingo, or whatever you want to call it.

A log that shits gifts... what?

why are certain areas closed off Norway

what are you hiding Norway

Wandlerkrähe (changing crow)
It is said to exist in Northern German towns that have bridges. Whenever it - in its crow form - flies underneath a bridge - and nobody is looking - it comes out on the other side as a seagull. And vice versa of course.

The Mothman Prophecies is good. Pretty good movie too.

Forgot generic picture of a bridge.

The tooth fairy

Dragon
Haggis
Voldemort

Of Catalan Mythology:

The Aloja, Goja, or also "Dona d'aigua (water woman)".
Aloja: əlɔ́ʒə
Goja: gɔ́ʒə
(note that the "J" is not the Spanish J. It's a completely different sound. It would sound horrible that way)

They are our version of the Nymph.

Aloges are feminine beings that live in lakes, springs, ponds, caves with water, and other places with fresh water.

They are of extreme beauty. With blond or red long hair that reaches their feet and blue eyes.

They can live for thousands of years. They are (usually) not malicious beings, and will avoid contact with humans. But if somehow you encounter them directly, bad things could happen to you.

It's said that, during the night, you can hear their music coming out from the caves their hide in.

>desire to know more intensifies

Goatman

We have la Llorona, crazy woman who drowned her kids, commited suicide and now roams moaning "aaaaaaaaay mis hijos" (my kids) and stealing children.

We have the dreamtime here in Australia. I'm not super knowledgeable about it but it's basically aboriginal mythology about how a lot of things came to be, essentially their interpretation of how the world was formed. One of the popular ones is the rainbow serpent which as it move it made paths in the ground which turned into the rivers and what not. Another one is the bunyip or yowie, the bunyip is supposedly a sort of evil spirit that haunts lakes and rivers and attack people at night. When the settlers came here the aboriginals warned them of the bunyip and many settlers believed them to be real and would hear howling at night. Some of the stories are quite interesting. Google dreamtime stories and there should be quite a few. We used to learn about them in school.

I remember there was this sporting goods store in a town a used to live by that had a jackolope head mounted on the wall.
Bored taxidermist are great.

Can you tell a little more about this? I got as far as "wednesday woman" from google but that led to nothing interesting and I don't want to loose this thread and chance to ask spending all my time googling bs.

Chupacabra

Saw one when I was little outside my grandparents ranch just outside San Antonio, Texas.

Inugami is the spirit of dog that possesses to curse. It's popular in Kansai area.

How to make Inugami
You lock a hungry dog up and put food in front of it. When the dog is dying, you chop its neck, and the head flies to bite food.
You burn it, put the bone into a container, hide it in the cabinet or under the floor and worship it. It will be your Inugami.
How to work Inugami
Once Inugami recognizes what you want, it possesses someone to achieve your success.
For example, if you want money, Inugami possesses the rich and causes some diseases. Finally he bring money to you to get rid of diseases.

The summoner of Inugami and those who are possessed are called Inugamitsuki (means possessed by Inugami).
If you are possessed by Inugami, your son and daughter are going to be possessed as well.
Inugami isn't always submissive, sometimes it injures you.
So Inugamitsuki is kept away from non-Inugamitsuki.

Chupathingy

It's just our variation of the Yule Log tradition.
We are slightly scatological.

That's not scary. If I hear that my reaction is to scream:
"Fuck off, we're full". And in the next elections, I vote for Trump,

Is that the donkey lady? Or is she another entity?

I couldn't find anything on English only thing was that it resembled "Alkarısı"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_(folklore)

Anyway her deal is to mess with people who don't tidy up earlier then she comes on wednesday and messes with the people of that house sometimes steals childrean in front of them

No, I just googled, donkey lady is some deformed thing, la llorona is a ghost

You'll be afraid when she steals your children and uses them to get welfare

TUSSELADD! Kek

One of my favourite movies desu.

>The ahuizotl (from the Nahuatl āhuitzotl for "spiny aquatic thing") is a legendary creature in Aztec myth.
>The creature is described as dog-like, its waterproof fur often clumping up to create spikes (hence its name). The ahuizotl has hands capable of manipulation and an additional hand on its tail. The ahuizotl is feared due to its liking for human flesh, especially nails, eyes, and teeth. It is said to live in or near the water and to use the hand on the end of its tail to snatch its prey, dragging the person into the depths to drown them. Victims of the ahuizotl, Aztec beliefs state, are destined for the paradise of the god Tlaloc.
it seems the fucker made it to mlp, dont know if that's good or bad

La Umita

it's a horrible floating head that errs in pain, crying and screaming. In theory, it's the wandering soul of a man punished for his sins.

Laidly Worm
Barghest
Bogles/Duergar
Mother Shipton
Pennhill Giant

just going for local folklore, not nationwide

Chupacabra's arch nemesis? Never heard of this thing.

well, ahuizotl is actually mythical, chupacabras is more recent

>How to make Inugami
You lock a hungry dog up and put food in front of it. When the dog is dying, you chop its neck, and the head flies to bite food.

Have there been any incidents where someone has tried to create one? I keep reading of shamans and voodoshit in Africa but similar cruel myths exist in many cultures. Though I can't recall one in Nordic mythology that needs animal cruelty and torture. Sounds more like witchcraft than a positive charm.

Makes sense. Nobody believes me that I once saw one though.

Skinny, mangy, and quick as lighting and of course, ugly as fuck.

Yowie gonna come get ya

> Bland tomtar och troll
I'm still looking for the translation of those books

where did you spot it?
depending on your answer it may have been an illegal immigrant

see
No, it was a canine like creature and look identical to the pic, only skinnier.

?

maybe a Coyote with a disease?

Fuckin yowie

We got the Taniwha, apparently they dislike it when you build bridges, lucky we have Maori tribes that talk to it for us and lets us know we can't build a bridge in certain places.

Wouldn't want to get eaten.

>Chaneques are legendary creatures in Mexican folklore. They are conceived of as small, sprite-like beings, elemental forces and guardians of nature.
>By tradition, these beings would attack intruders, frightening them so that their soul would abandon their body, which the chaneques enclosed in the depth of the land. If the victim did not recover their soul through a specific ritual, he or she would become ill and die soon after.
>In some contemporary legends, chaneques are described as children with the face of old men or women, that make people go stray during three or seven days, after which the victims cannot recall anything that happened... although it is thought that they are taken by the chaneques to their home in the Underworld, of which the entrance is a dry kapok tree.
sounds to me like an elf, or whatever you call those small tricksters
no idea m8, maybe a xoloizcuintli

No, it was exactly like this: youtube.com/watch?v=feqt97XVEUc
That's what people speculate, but from recent testing done on captured specimens, it's DNA wasn't a match.

meant for

I can have a look. My grandmother used to read them to me every night.

i only care about youkai and stuff in touhou. rest is shit

isn't the original chupacabra a lizard thing and not a mangy looking dog

Bean Sídhe (lady of the Síd) who marks impending death with a keening wail. Although shes not really a creature but a person of the mounds.

In Alaska it's called kushtika, takes the form of a otter with a mans head. Crys like a baby to lure people out into the woods then it KILLS YOU. And it's real

Nice sneakers homie

Bigfoot is real. Why won't you believe, you fucks.

I've heard it myself

I have a friend from the northwest of Argentina and he told me that there they have some sort of creature called Curupi from the aboriginal folklore of that region.

From what I've heard, legends have it that this thing likes raping young girls and robbing them of their virginity.

pretty awesome run of batwoman had her up against this creature

That's a big dick 2bh

If you go to the forest better do not fuck with this dude and forest too. Name is Leshiy.

el boli

Malaysia and Indonesia. (Sometimes Singapore)

Pictured, Toyol, (Toy-old)
Use by its master to steal money from target.
Origin, died featus that have been worshipped. Live by sucking master's blood from toethumb. Will kill master if not fed. Can be inherited. To know if someone have this creature, when he/she dying, the face turned green and they will be in prolong agony before finaly RIP. Toyol will be roaming, find new master.

Other creatures
Pontianak (blood sucker bitch), summoning rites was recorded by Frank Swettenham book.
O'lele (specifically eats male dicks roaming in jungle)
Penanggal (bodiless bitch with beating heart and organ, silver trails emits from it, flying head)
Hantu Raya/Galah (taller than tree, have master)
Bunian (alt world human, some called them Jinns, dressed in 14th century Malay, have invisible cities in Banjaran Titiwangsa area, disrespect their city border will result getting lost in their cities, if no help from outside world, soul will lost, real body will die because malnutrition.)
And many more. :-D

Bump

heard wailing tonight

imagine it was just a fox having a ride

dragons and giants were real without question and I would think the creature that goes under the dwarf/faerie/gnome/elf name (not the tolkienized but the original) were likely real as well

not sure about the others

The Copperdick Owl.

Usually when thought it that way, the otherwise happen.
>based on experience

Comfy thread, do go on.

In my hometown, we have a myth about a 9 feet tall man, who'd beg residents of nearby houses for their kida since his died in a freak accident. If they said yes on their own and trusted him, the kids would be treated well. Should they turn him down he's eat the kids.

There's more to it I'm sure but that's all I can Muster up now, it's been almost two decades since I last heard the tale

Here in Costa Rica there is a town near me that supposedly has a creature that is like an old woman who jumps from roof to roof and runsacracross power lines and looks in people's windows and scares them.

She runs on the power lines, pues.

just play the witcher games

Is that not an american jackalope?

This.

D-don't forget to buy expansions many folklore and fights there.

yes of course there's also this new GWENT™ game coming next year very traditional folklore Slavic card game you should probably pre-order

that's pretty creepy

fucking shit i used to believe this was a real animal till i was like 16
lost a bet thanks to you fuckers

youtube.com/watch?v=5DDr8WPAgpQ
The update video is pure fucking gold

fuck off everyone knows witcher shit

that's probably the least spectacular wondrous creature I've heard about. What's the point?

IIRC one of the greatest Aztec emperors was named after that thing

>Penanggal (bodiless bitch with beating heart and organ, silver trails emits from it, flying head)

That's some trippy shit

but no one knows anything about australia

I remember seeing this artifact on a history textbook talking about turkish mythology when i was younger.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penanggalan

More detailed explanation.

Intelligent scots

>dark elves
I've never heard about dark elves. Maybe they're a Swedish thing, yes?

This is great