twitter.com/AnonBabble

Enjoy your superfast botnet

>5.0ghz barely beats stock 1800x
Ok. AMD is kill.

>2 more cores and 4 more threads than Ryzen 1700X
>barely beats its at almost twice the clock speed
>costs 3 times the price of 1700X

LeL

Haven't learned a thing from the "Skylake X at 5GHz WOW" launch, have you?

Do you need a firehose or just extinguisher is enough?

it's not skylake-x

>1.415v

Yeah, it's stutterlake and infernolake.
Even worse.

They'll never learn. The exact same shit is going to happen where some dipshits get golden samples and OC to 5 GHz with extreme voltages, aspies flap their tard arms screeching "AMD DED!" and then it comes out and hardly anyone can even get to 4.5 GHz w/o delid, watercooling and etc.

Why are Sup Forums threads allowed on Sup Forums?

DELETE THIS, YOU ANTISEMITE

>Coffee Lake is 6c/12t
>1700x is 8c/16t
>2 more cores and 4 more threads than Ryzen 1700X
LeL

>800 watt

What are suicide voltages for kabylake?

>LN2

fucking delusional amd shills

6c coffee lake is beating 8c ryzen even in the most artificial multithreaded benchmark. this means that coffee lake will be even better in normal desktop applications and games.

I remember hearing the same during the launch last month.

>Intel will surely deliver this time...!

>5.0ghz overclock in everyday tasks.

>preforms worse than my 1700x for probably double or triple the price
no thanks jewtel

>Both AMD’s Zen 2 and Zen 3 x86 processors will be made in 7nm. Papermaster said.

I wonder when intel 10nm will come out.

I'm not worrier about price, but how much will it take to cool this.

Also no doubt looking at $250+ motherboards for proper power delivery.

How is this different from every AMD release when the fanboys go "This is it, this is the big one!" and every time it's fucking nothing. AMD and Intel shills are both retards.

it's a mainstream cpu dumbass, it'll be in the same price bracket as i7-7700k

It is a bunch of nothing and a bit of a disappointment for Intelfags.

It is only good at "gayming" but the Intel fags will be opting for a quad-core flavor of the silicon. The hexa-core is just a niche where you need something more than a quad-core but 7800K and 7820K are too rich for you.

>Implying Intel isn't going to raise MSRP to $400
2 more cores? Pay more bucks. Bitch.

>lying to yourself this hard

1.4 and higher is degradation territory

Before Zen launch people were just excited AMD would be competitive again. And it matched the 6900K for half the price (or less if you OCed a 1700).

Honestly I'm looking forward to Coffee Lake S because it looks like a much more well-rounded CPU than the 4 core 7700K which is only good at gaming, and nothing else. The two things I'm worried about the most are price and thermals.

1.) AMD's architecture investment actually seems to have paid off for once, and 2.) Intel's development pipeline indicates that they were basically caught with their pants down on the workstation/data center side of the house.

It means little to the average consumer. What is probably going to happen is that AMD will pick up some fraction of the CPU market - most notably in the workstation and data center spaces (where most of the profit is made).

TL;DR - Intel finally has some actual competition in the CPU market. Competition is good for everybody.

>1.4v
How hot do you think it was running?

Probably around 300 watts.

DELET THIS

>1.415vcore
>5GHz

>No CPU model number

>OC'd and only just barely gets past a $300 chip

>No cache info because dumb ass chinese

>Comparing OC'd to stock

You sure do love that Intelidick they installed in your ass hey now son?

There are always retards on both sides but there was a legitimate reason for being hyped for ryzen. Hype for the end of 5 years of no improvement and being forced to stomach Intel's dick at every price point. Now we have legitimate improvement in multi thread for every price and even Intel it's forced to improve now, meaning if you are an Intel fanboy you still benefit. That's real justifiable reason for the hype.

You really have no life at all, do you?

rbt.asia/g/search/image/TloElKymssHxNKlLkjojFw/

>Skylake
>Kaby Lake
>Coffee Lake
What next? Cum Lake? Poo Lake?

Not if they continue to use their new interconnects and/or programs don't learn how to code for it

cannonlake the next generation my friend

Fire Lake

Yeah, that's about what I figured. This is a suicide voltage run on an engineering sample.

Overclocks don't sell the product you dumb kike, stock performance does.

And with stock clocks equal to a 1600X, only a small amount of people will consider buying this.

what would it take to cool it? delidding, otherwise you can't push it passed stock by much.

seeing as kabby gets ballpark the same, no improvements

It will be faster than 1600X at stock but not by much. 10% maybe.

And will cost $400 because Intel loves charging you out the ass for MOAR CORES.

sub 10% after bioses and cheaper fast ddr4 became useable at the fast speeds.

I want to see what the added cores do to latency and how badly the memory bandwidth bottleneck per core is with 50% more cores.

There's no free lunch in IC design

I thought ringbus didn't really start to break down until 10+ cores.

Coffeelake seems like an good gen, too bad it comes so close to Pinnacle Ridge

Bingbus works fine as long as it's one bingbus and the core count is

Less worried bout the ringbus, more about the memory bandwidth.

I'd probably buy this if it works on Z170 boards. Intel will probably find a way to not make that happen tho.

Not for the WHOLE 5 years. AMD were OK for budget gaming for a while (I can't remember the model but there was a decent 3 core for poor people like 3 or 4 years ago.

AMD is doing fine with 2 channels and 8 cores.

Intel are clearly not going to cut the 7800X off at the knees by making this thing much cheaper, especially since it's also likely to perform better in games. Close to $400 minimum.

Different architectures, AMDs memory controller is built for throughput, seen in its memory scores, and the cores are smaller.

Literally apples to oranges

Buy this new motherboard goy

Really? Because from what I can see, the increased core-to-core memory latency and lower clockspeeds will lead to a degredation in gaming performance. Even if you OC it to the same clocks as 7700K, it won't be as fast.

Still 1151 socket

Intel might throw Z270 owners a bone, it was only released this Feb. Z170 is so old now that I doubt they care.

>Close to $400 minimum
They'll charge this much even if it's slower in games.

This thing isn't using their new cache setup. It's literally just a 7700K with two more cores and the same L2/L3 setup. It will outperform the 7800X in games and be at least as fast as the 7700K per clock. Only upper clock limits may be its undoing.

no z270 VRM will support this unless you got the super high end ones.

And you'll still need a BIOS update and looking at history you might as well pray for unicorn dust.

>This thing isn't using their new cache setup
I know that. Doesn't change facts, more cores = more latency and less clocks. It's a sidegrade.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Please stop.

But he's right.
It's a sidegrade.
No way you will clock it to the moon even with delidding.

>1.415v

>666 watts
BURN THE PLANET IN THE FIRES OF HELL

There's a screenshot of it running at 5GHz at a voltage which should be achievable even on high end air in the OP based on Skylake and Kaby Lake. Even if they don't all reach that (around 62% of 7700Ks do according to Silicon Lottery), it's safe to assume that ~4.8 would be a realistic figure for a "standard" overclock. That will put it in 7700K territory for gaming performance, with the added benefit of two extra cores.

Skylake-X is actually a really good overclocker if you can keep the heat under control. Regular Skylake levels. Digital Foundry got their 7820X, an eight core part, running fully stable at 4.8GHz on all cores. It runs too hot and draws too much power primarily due to the architectural changes. This chip doesn't have those, so should run a lot cooler. It's also based on Kaby Lake, which clocks higher than Skylake.

There's absolutely no reason to think that these won't reach 7700K-ish clocks. Skylake-X is literally already doing it, even on parts with more cores.

We'll see.
But i'd prepare a fire extinguisher if anything goes wrong.

Skylake-X is a fucking abortion, prepare for more housefires, burnt pins and boiling water.

Intel isn't binning these for high clockspeeds. It's not going to come even close to Kaby Lake OCs. Most will hit 4.5-4.6 and that's it. (And even at that point delid/watercool/expensive mobo will be mandatory)

>it's safe to assume that ~4.8 would be a realistic figure for a "standard" overclock. That will put it in 7700K territory for gaming performance, with the added benefit of two extra cores.
Yes, because the 7800X does so well at 4.7ghz

>Skylake-X is actually a really good overclocker if you can keep the heat under control.
Except for the burnt contacts at 1.25v and the impossibility of cooling it, and it using 666wats, sure.

>Skylake-X is a fucking abortion
It is, but not because of its overclocking ability. Were it "just" what THIS chip is going to be, it'd be amazing. Instead they went in a completely different direction in order to facilitate MOAR COREZ down the line.

Woah, an Intel insider on Sup Forums! Can you get me a job in the shilling department? I'm currently doing it for free, but it'd be nice to get paid.

>Yes, because the 7800X does so well at 4.7ghz
4.8 dear. And its lack of performance in many games has nothing to do with clock speed, it has to do with the changes made to the architecture, especially the cache. This chip will not have those changes. It has significantly MORE L3 cache than the 7800X as a result (12MB vs 8.25MB). It is literally a 7700K with two more cores. Comparing it to Skylake-X, which is something entirely different, is pointless.

>Except for the burnt contacts at 1.25v and the impossibility of cooling it, and it using 666wats, sure
And again, these things are due to the changes they made for Skylake-X. Changes which this chip doesn't have. As such, it won't have the power and heat problems that they introduced.

>As such, it won't have the power and heat problems that they introduced.
Totally!

>Woah, an Intel insider on Sup Forums! Can you get me a job in the shilling department? I'm currently doing it for free, but it'd be nice to get paid.
Sorry bro, we just ran out of positions. Get to the front of the line, if you want.

>1.415v
>Still barely beats much cheaper AMD offering

I want to see the cooling setup and load temps of this system.

>will
>will
[citation needed]
you wont because you cant and it wont, you dumb jew

Ryan's recommended OC voltage is 1.4vcore

Intel could solder the heat spreader and price the chip to 200$ making it goty cpu of all time.

They won't though.

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

JUSTnich wouldn't have any of that nonsense. Pinching pennies and giving shareholders their 60% margins is what he's all about.

That was faked. But this is the real deal. youtube.com/watch?v=1aj2DTuAwy8

didn't a dude oc one of the new intel processors and it literally burnt itself out.

twitter.com/HardwareUnboxed/status/888225519141093376

Pretty fucking close for a fake then. Hell thats within margin of error.

>666 watts
RING THE BUS
LIGHT THE MATCH
BURN

what the fuck is that?

wow 1 of millions

is that your only attempt at defense?
the processor basically is a small sun, requires a de-lid and liquid cooling to get anywhere near the same performance as ryzen with a stock cooler and risks burning out it's own pins.

>1 of millions
With that small of a product run? Yeah, no. I bet more reviewers bought X299 CPUs than actual consumers.

I fell into a burning ringbus of fire
I went down down down and the flames went higher
And it burns burns burns the ringbus of fire, the ringbus of fire

So basically nothing?

tempest in a teapot.

Skylake, is a burning thing
And its bus makes a fiery ring
shekels are what Intel desires
I fell into a ringbus of fire

>compared with 1700x

lmao @ your life

>tfw AMD is finished but you got nothing else to say

youtube.com/watch?v=mIBTg7q9oNc

> 5GHz * 6 = 30GHz
> (4GHz * 2) + (3.4 * 6) = 28,4GHz
If this is real, yeah, it will beat Ryzen 8c/16t if overclocked to 5GHz, that's because Ryzen can't OC really well, also it can't get 4GHz on all 8 cores.

I'd still get Ryzen because that 6-core Intel K will probably be very expensive with a very high TDP

Nothing beats the 1700 on price/performance

Skylake is the only decent chip Intel has atm

>5Ghz
>1.4v
This is overclocked, right?