He doesn't use the best ide around

>he doesn't use the best ide around

>ide
fuck you faggot

thats not an ide.

Usage of IDE is only acceptable in an enterprise environment. If your personal computer has something more advanced than gedit, you should fuck yourself.

>vscode
>electron
>ide

a what?

You need to be 18 or older to post here, kid

this
/thread

>i am panjeert
>blease indall migrodoft window ten
>blease download 1638373gb designaded debelobmend enbironmend blease
>hav hot bowl of curry while u wiat sir
>tank u hav nyce dae

>nocodes seriously believe this

It's like 50 MB though.

>installation of vsc (fresh out of the box) is 170mb
>installation of sublime with all the modules you could want is 22 mb
>vsc still needs longer to load on my machine at work (windows), my machine at home (Debian) and my laptop (Gentoo)
>vsc uses electron

Pic very much related

>Sublime 3
>in beta since 2013
>last update was September 2016
That shit is dead, bro.

I refuse to install anything that uses Electron.

>he keeps the purple statusbar like a faggot he is

>he doesn't make his own ieds

sublimetext dot com slash 3dev
>Build 3141, 7th July 2017
>dead
What makes you come to this conclusion?

>not using dreamweaver cc 2017
Hahahahaha kys

purple is the best color

this

>>>/dpg/
stay in your containment thread

vscode gets more updates every month than sublime does in a year

>gets more updates
>therefore it's a better editor
Yeah, no. It's still shit.

> he doesn't use nano for big projects

nice strawperson

>strawman
Please elaborate?

Who gives a shit about the number of updates per year? Sublime works well in its current state.

>json
whooo-wee

>desktop js
Do world a favor and kys.

Get back to me in 2030 when sublime is out of beta.

> best IDE
> not Xcode
wtf are you doing OP?

Whats wrong using an ide?

I never said any of the things you quoted

dead

nothing wrong with desktop js

nothing, but not using an ide can be a good way to make yourself feel superiour to others and boost your shitty ego. doesn't apply to healhy people though

would've been a better bait if you had obj-c code on the screenshot

t. non-developers

It's not really an ice though. It's sort of a mix or die-lite.

> dead
It has more plugins and functionality in general than vs code and more than you will ever need

This is a matter of preference and habit, faggots.

yeah, preference and habit of being a non-developer

no it really isn't. An IDE is much more suitable for larger and enterprise development. Using it for your hobby makes very little sense and I always cringe a bit when I see a newbie struggling to bring up his hello world app in one

It really depends. People who work on massive applications tend to use a fully fledged out ide, since it's tools are somehow more useful in that scenario. Webdevs and generally people who don't do big projects are fine with bare editors, since they aren't as bloated and more fun to use (Preference, I know). I'm using both, sublime for small edits or easy fixes and visual studio for tickets that I know will take some time to fix

tried it for java and c#. vscode has much better support for both. and then there's ton of little things like not being able to change letter spacing in sublime. and the proprietary license
it's just worse. deal with it.

I get that your hobby projects are helloworld-sized but some of mine are 10+ KLOC and an ide helps me tremendously

> An IDE is much more suitable for larger and enterprise development
IDE is suitable for any fucking development. I don't want to google in what order should I pass arguments to initialize a urb device function.

>IDE is suitable for any fucking development.

not really

Yes, because nobody except big software devs could possibly have any use for code being constantly checked for errors, debugging tools, and one click compile + run

how do I debug with it?

you don't need an IDE for any of that

Kek

Using a statically typed language without an IDE is dumb.

>An IDE is much more suitable for larger and enterprise development.
Half-true. An IDE is not only more suitable, but essential to realistically manage a large project. But it's not unsuitable for smaller projects.

>I always cringe a bit when I see a newbie struggling to bring up his hello world app in one
The problem with IDEs and beginners is that almost every tutorial reduces the IDE to merely a text editor with colors and maybe syntax checking. Only after I stumbled upon a C# video tutorial on MVA, I was amazed at how an IDE can make writing even very simple code much easier. It makes a huge difference even when writing a shitty "calculate seconds to microwave time" tier of program.

It's a tool you'll have to use sooner or later if you want to create any significant program. Programming without an IDE is like making food without a stove.

plenty of text editors have syntax checking

So what software underlines code in red/yellow without me having to manually compile it?

What software allows me to inspect the memory as the program is running, pause it, change values, all without having to use print statements?

I guess the one click compile+run could be scripted...

problem is you shouldn't become dependent on an IDE to handle the little things for you when you're starting out, and if you possess the attitude that everyone should use an IDE all the time because it's the best, then you probably are.

how do you think? you make a breakpoint and run your program in debug mode

So....Should I get vsc or sublime?

I use atom with one of those p!Uninstall that run scripts

>So what software underlines code in red/yellow without me having to manually compile it?
even gedit handles this

>What software allows me to inspect the memory as the program is running, pause it, change values, all without having to use print statements?
A debugger like gdb, which any developer should have manual experience with.

Wait a second. How was the first IDE built if there wasn't an IDE before it??

this definitely looks like professional code, is this rocket science?

everyone, stop arguing, op is right

what did he mean by this?

>2 different programs for each tool

There's many more tools in an IDE. Do I need 50 different programs to get the same functionality as one single IDE?

The key word is "integrated".

>There's many more tools in an IDE
Exactly, and unless you're using much of it it'll just bog you down with configurability stuff. Plus like i said it's educational to get some hands on experience with something like GDB when starting out instead of just turning debugging into "press the play button until the execution stops"

Except if the tools are laid out in front of me, I can experiment with some and find great usage.

It's like a mechanic buying an all in one toolbox. Is he going to use every single tool? No, but one day he might come upon a job where he needs to use one. And having them all available is far more preferable than having to buy the tool each time a new job that would be easier needs it.

If you want to use an analogy, it's more like buying a jackhammer to use on the occasional nail.

No point in having all that shit nagging you and taking up space and memory if you don't even know why much of it is there. Yes it's useful to experiment with an IDE to learn how it works, but that's separate from learning how to actually code.

Yeah, just like a builder should not be dependent on his excavators and cranes, right? We wuz kangs, building pyramids by hand and shit.

Forcing yourself not to use an IDE has no benefits.

>Sup Forumsshit

ah

>If you want to use an exaggerated hyperbole, it's more like buying a jackhammer to use on the occasional nail.
ftfy

Terrible analogy. You can't break down a jackhammer into separate parts, which is what an IDE is.

And thinking about it, what is wrong with using an IDE for even a small script (100 lines)? It takes less than 20 seconds to load up an IDE, but that time would be made up by just the IDE telling you of any compile errors.

>You can't break down a jackhammer into separate parts, which is what an IDE is.
what?

>It takes less than 20 seconds to load up an IDE, but that time would be made up by just the IDE telling you of any compile errors.

I cannot see why, as you can get compile errors immediately instead of waiting 20 seconds for a GUI to spin up just to tell you the same thing.

Because having the exact code highlighted as you type, with the exact error next to it, and suggestions for fixing it, is far faster than compiling, reading the message and line number, then going to the code and looking up the line number.

IDEs encourage shit programming practices and thus shit programmers who bring our hobby into disrespect

>Because having the exact code highlighted as you type, with the exact error next to it, and suggestions for fixing it

You can get this with a text editor, which you should obviously be using.

spoken like a guy who started with an IDE

>xcode
>good

I have yet run into one that actually is able to find every error. To my knowledge they don't actually compile code.

>I have yet run into one that actually is able to find every error.

use a better one then???

>VS Kode
no thanks

>He use DE
Stay pleb.

not him but why is Xcode bad?

try them all and see what works best for you?

Buggy as fuck

>who bring our hobby into disrespect
>our hobby
>hobby
this is it, right here
IDEs are for professionals, not for retards who think reinventing the wheel and choosing the worst possible tools for the job makes them smarter

Serious question:

Why can't I just use emacs? I really want to not have to install a hundred different programs just to program...

You can.
I personally really enjoy it, especially since I installed spacemacs, it’s quite easier to use.