What phone should I get?

My phone broke recently and I'm getting a new one today. I've had an iPhone for years and I'm interested in getting an android because it has more cool features than the iPhone.

What phone should I get? I was thinking the google pixel, but maybe Sup Forums has some input about good phones in 2017

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/collection/search_results_cluster_apps?clp=ggEHCgViaXhieQ==:S:ANO1ljJHDNg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Depends on what you want out of a phone
>Great hardware shit software?
Galaxy S8

>Average hardware best software?
Pixel

>Good balance?
OnePlus 3T or 5 if you like jelly.

There's also other great phones like the Lg G6 and htc u11 to consider.

Maybe even wait a minute to see how the Note 8 stands up in August?

>the bezel on the Pixel
What were they thinking

Definitely get a Pixel. Pixel always gets Android updates almost immediately and without carrier intervention, and most other Android devices are full of bloat.

The only real advantage Android has over iOS is the notification system. The notification system on iOS is absolutely retarded in every possible way, but on Android it's god-tier. Same goes for the lockscreens. Oh, and default apps are an added bonus.
Outside of that, though, just stick with the iPhone for now.

If the price isn't a problem, get the Pixel. If you want to get a good deal, the one plus 3t is quite nice.

Not having a dedicated back button is a no go for me

Unless you are a mobile gaymer there is no reason to buy one of those.

Get yourself a 3T if you want a better screen or a cheap chink phone and you will be done.

Do not buy a Galaxy S8. Yes, it's tempting because it's pretty but ultimately the screen is just too huge to be useful, especially if you want to pull down the notification tray. When watching YouTube videos, you're either going to have to deal with black bars or rounded CRT-looking corners. Not to mention the gimmicky edge memes.
TouchWiz still isn't fun to use at all, Bixby can't answer any questions and is slow and opens with the slightest touch of the dedicated button, which can't be remapped at all.
The phone is pretty to look at but is a nightmare to use.

Just buy some cheap $100 phone to hold you over until later in the year when phones like Pixel 2 / 2 XL, Note 8, iPhone 8, Mate 10, LG V30 and OP5T (probably) are coming out

>which can't be remapped at all
play.google.com/store/apps/collection/search_results_cluster_apps?clp=ggEHCgViaXhieQ==:S:ANO1ljJHDNg

This is what I did. My Moto X Pure was a piece of ass and the Nougat update is never ever coming, so I bought a Moto G5 Plus for $170, rooted it and now I'm basically sitting pretty until early next year when I get a job and can afford one of the pretty flagships after all the dust clears in this coming fall.

They keep patching it, so a lot of those won't work in a week or so.

I really hope the Pixel 2 will be as flawless as possible.

No way. Seriously?

My gf got an S8, she's a normie so I thought it was probably a good choice. Wouldn't touch Samsung with an 8 foot pole myself though, unless they ever unlocked their bootloaders. But that all changed when t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶e̶d̶ with the S6.

>even considering anything without expandable storage
Why?

Do you have extremely small hands? I can comfortably open the notification tray on the S8 when using the phone with one hand. Probably couldn't on the S8+ though.

Ok, then give me some examples of good phones with expandable storage and I'll consider getting one of them

rounded corners are GOAT

Cringe

rounded corners are tacky and I hate them

Lumia 950

but it looks so cool

If you can afford the S8, it's pretty good.

>curved meme

it looks like a 90s Daewoo TV

Le Eco Le2

Not him but I also have trouble reaching the top of the screen on the S8. You don't have to have "extremely small hands" to have this problem. Check out the reviews.

What is that?

You can't just throw down a picture at a weird angle of some generic looking phone with no file name and expect us to know it.

still cool

I've always bought cheaper phones, but now that I'm changing jobs, I can choose a work phone. Obviously picked S8+ over the newest iPhone since I've always used android.

I'm totally out of loop regarding mobile technology. What am I in for in terms of hardware or software improvements? I currently have OP2.

Reverse image search says it's the Huawei P9 Lite

literally dead os

>wanting to downgrade your security
Seriously, iOS is vastly more secure than Android.

Got my an LG G6. Pretty rad