Traveling across states on the bus, sitting for 15 hours

>Traveling across states on the bus, sitting for 15 hours.
>Legs are warm and hurting.

Get up dumbass. What, are you on the window seat?

Tell me of your troubles.

Well besides the blood clots in my leg, My life sucks sitting inside these shitty Bus stations.

Bus Stations look EXACTLY like refugee camps.

it's a shool bus

Buses are for the poor
Should've gotten a plane ticket

I really regret not getting the plane ticket.

The bus ticket was 170$, while a planet ticket was 270$, it wasn't even that much more expensive and plane ride would had been 3 hours instead of 15.

You don't have a car?

How much cost a good car in murica?

>blood clots in my leg

What, explain further.

I've never used a bus cross-country. I get a plane ticket and read a book. You are LOOKING for trouble taking the bus. I don't even want to bother with the other states I've been to on a Greyhound. They are dooooogshit.

Post shots of the bus station?

Should've gotten a train ticket

Why are train tickets so expensive I hate flying but taking a greyhound or something anywhere beyond a 3 hour drive is hell.

Dude you fucked up. I'm from Montana and I won't even deal with some states. Unless you want to deal with "MAH MOMMAHS BABBEH DAD IN MAH COUSIN MAH" stay the fuck away from the bus services.

I'd rather eat dirt and save to fly than go through some places. Or "AW CHANCED YEW TREW TREE STAUTS TO MAWK YOU SAY YER DA FATER!"

If I take a pic they will probably get hostile, everyone is already mean mugging me for being the only white guy here.

I have pictures of when I was on the bus looking outside but nothing on the station.

Tell them that you want to take a picture because you're having "such a good time." It won't only allow us to see it. It will help you fucking survive.

Still better than flying economy across long distances.

12 hours canned with my legs in a weird position to reach Europe from here.
And God have mercy that the person in front of you doesn't recline his seat. Economy is meant to manlets.

Don't you have trains in America?

Premium and first class rarely is ever better.

traveling by bus is comfy, I used to travel by bus from sydney to melbourne overnight and it was always a great time with stops in the middle of nowhere at tuckshops

I'm from the Northwest US and fuck you if I'm leaving. I traveled to Anchorage and the people were perfectly courteous and respectful. Since oh...I don't know....we're conditioned by over two-thousand years of civilization. So I just read my book and the two people next to me left me alone. I let them both take my seat for about three minutes to look at the Chugach range and that was it. After hours of flight when we all wanted to get off the plane.

Yea but our train network Amtrak goes bankrupt about 6 times a year because nobody rides it

Yes but they never go anywhere.

That's sad, trains are way faster and comfier than buses.
They're also more eco friendly

They're more commercial. We have stations in the US but we only have rails to make them go back to Canada. Rails for travel are limited to Canada being able to drop our citizens off here.

Take it stealth obviously, just act like your using your phone casually.

The trains here are comfy too but the problem is people in America want now now now so they fly rather than take the train but they don't realize they get to see more scenery and get more leg room on a train than a plane

Here's an example of what you can see if you take the train

Traveling by bus is shit tbqh.
Made this mistake this march when I was coming home from a job trip. My legs hurt, it was so hot inside the but that I took of my jacket and sweater and still sweated despite the fact that temperature outside was like -10.
The good thing that I got drunk before the ride so I could take it easy.

amtrak is literally only for tourists... it takes 3 days to get across america using trains...

I was staying in NYC and my relative in SF invited me to sleep on his couch so I look up the cost of a flight and train and the time the train took blew my mind. Two trains (connection in chicago) and 3 fucking plus days.

America could have a good rail system but nobody wants to take the time or money to upgrade everything to do so

And you were going halfway across since you were going to Chicago but yea it's stupid desu

obama lied about HSR
not sure what you mean, that i dont take a direct route from NYC>SF?

Yea taking a direct would be better I'd personally take it direct but if you wanted to see the US a little more going through Chicago isn't a bad idea but it's very congested in Chicago

literally any other option is better than greyhound. possibly the shittiest company in America.

Scenery is not worth it to me, but good high speed train could be useful. Also a good rail system would help get rid of the traffic.

The train look old as fuck. Is this really used for long distance travels?

Pic related is our high speed train system, Paris to Marseille in 2h30min

I'm replying to you just because but- your rail systems are fucking dogshit. My sister's softball team used them because the head coach thought it would be fun but oh my god is it bad.

>We'll be just like Europeans!

No you are not. It's bunking up in postage stamps and dealing with the weirdest assholes on the planet.

No. Your passenger rail system is GARBAWGE.

There is no direct from the east coast. All the trains heading out to the west coast start in chicago, so you need to catch a train from the eastern seaboard and then catch the caliphornia zehphyr or the southwestern chief

Yea that's a GE P42DC and they've been around since the 90s and yes they use those as their main engines even on the run from Chicago-Los Angeles

That's true I don't know why they didn't make it direct but to get more money because again, Amtrak goes bankrupt about 6 times a year

Yes they use shitty diesel trains with an average operating speed of 90 km/h.
did you mean to reply to the frenchman? everyone knows VIA rail is garbage, only corridor service is somewhat acceptable.
shame, boston>washington needs hsr badly.

If I remember correctly NYC-Boston has the Acela high speed rail

Fuck, I just checked the specs, our local trains (travels of less than 100km) have the same speed.

I guess Americans like their cars too much

They didn't know it but their coach is an asshat that doesn't travel beyond her front teeth. I said "don't take the VIA" but that didn't mean shit.

I'm one of the few that'd take the train everywhere rather than driving

If much rather it go back to the Class 1 railroads operating their own passenger service because Amtrak is a joke

TGV lit. Train of Great Speed

acela top speed: 240km/h
current TGV model: 575 km/h
Shinkansen: 300km/h

BTFO'ing 2016 american tech in 1972 by 80km

What via service did they take?

that requires a market, that automobile ownership and the interstates killed

Thank Eisenhower for the interstate system

>BTFO'ing 2016 american tech in 1972 by 80km
Except Acela is a Franco-Canadian realisation . (Bombardier and Alstom)

americans are not ready for HSR
every developed nation got highways but they're all smaller so rail remained competitive while air took over in north america

Acela isn't bad the problem with it is its in only one damn part of the country

I think air took over because the countries here are larger

the only part of the country that takes trains coincidentally.

Exactly the East coast(it may work on the west coast but people are too happy with the Pacific Surfliner)

I thinks it's because cars are part of what makes an American.
I don't think a lot of people would take the train, we should all though for ecological reasons and because trains are based.

>tfw I'll ride that baby in two weeks

>I thinks it's because cars are part of what makes an American. That is honestly a stupid statement because a lot of people that live in the cities don't have cars

$5000 used sedan

paris gare du nord> st. pancras was a treat, i loved the idea of riding through the tunnel.
yes, i made that point in my post
i could get this model for 3500-4000 where i live