Straight Outta Punjab

Where my Punjabis at? Ask an American Indo-Pakistani anything. All Desis welcome. Indians, Pakis, Afghanis (don't know much about y'all) let's get this thread LIT.

Music: youtube.com/watch?v=TdOS-0sIW-Y

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Er7MRG33BkA
youtube.com/watch?v=-28rGWKgeqk
youtube.com/watch?v=f6lWH31wEuU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What does gorri or golli mean?

Gori means white girl. I'm not sure about golli.

Bump for a united India.

ah ok, its the same word used in lots of desi songs but my ear cant hear whether its a rr or ll. ta bruv. i listen to a lot of desi music, have no idea what they are saying usually though. I suspect some of what i like may be very cheesy.

You white? I know some white folks love their Desi music/movies, but I've never really talked to any who like that shit.

Why do pakis and Indians keep trying to shill Afghanistan as desi?

Eh, I just included Afghanistan because they're part of the subcontinent. I've never really witnessed Pakis or Indians trying to "shill" Afghanis or say, Nepalese as being Desi, but they're technically they're supposed to be included in terms of them being part of the subcontinent as a whole. In my opinion it's a pretty loose term, but people usually just use it to refer Indians or Pakistanis.

yeh, i got bored one day decorating and switched radio stations to bbc asian to see what it was like. Never looked back. I can listen to it without caveat as i cant understand the words and the beats are very different from euro music so have nothing to prejudice my taste of the songs i like.

No, it's not part of the Indian sub continent. Pakistan used to be part of Afghanistan before the British implementation of the Durrand line to deprecate the emirate of Afghanistan and the britsh raj but modern day Afghanistan is usually considered central Asian

If you like Punjabi music (a lot of what comes out now ie: Honey Singh and Gippy Grewal is cancer), the 90s/early 2000s was probably the golden age of UK bhangra. I grew up listening to a lot of that.

If you like Desi music, you should look into something with more substance, like Qawwalis. It's a tradition that goes back hundreds of years, and was used to spread mystical teachings of Islam throughout the subcontinent.

Desi is used to refer to south Asians I guess then.

POO

Why didn't India just spend the billions it wasted on nuclear weapons and a space program on its poorest citizens?

ah do ho on beach, photo merikeech...yeh i know honey singh lol. Popular chap. I lived in Hounslow for a year early 90s and listened to a lot of taxi bhangra back then and worked with a lot of sikhs probably where i started liking it. I like a lot of this kind of stuff with guys jamming:
youtube.com/watch?v=Er7MRG33BkA
but most stuff i listen to is Dr Zeus kind of stuff, i think. Its hard to know lol.

It didn't need to. I personally think it's better off spending money on a space program and nuclear technology, because either way, the country is going to rapidly heal itself in the coming decades. With India's emerging middle class, huge infrastructure projects, massive fucking economy, poverty is going to heal itself naturally. You can laugh at Indians all you want and recycle this LOL POO IN LOO meme all you want, but India has a lot going for it.

I recommend Punjabi folk

youtube.com/watch?v=-28rGWKgeqk

You should listen to Kuldip Manak, Lal Chand Yamla Jatt if you're into that kinda stuff. Very basic instruments, but the lyrics are very beautiful. And yeah, Dr. Zeus is king brah.

To spite Pakistan desu

youtube.com/watch?v=f6lWH31wEuU

Fucking beautiful.

nice one, thats got a good beat to it. will check out more of his stuff.
nice chatting bruv but gotta get my shit together as the day is starting. later alligator

T. Rajesh Pooshawny

You're literally Irish.

why are indians/pakis the only race/group to be so subservient to whitey

at least niggs get their revenge nowadays by fucking the white mans wife/sister/daughter but what do indians have? superpower status at 2030 isn't far off

And yet they are still better than a billion poo-in-loos

We get our revenge by stealing your livelihood,jobs and such

>stealing my job
>literally gets paid worse for what I would get
>I can work mundane job and still get paid better than "blue collar" Indian.

The Indian race is the worst/least contributor to humanity. If we can't get them nuked, it would actually help to genocide them.

This is (sadly) true. At least 30% of my co-workers in healthcare are brown.

You are delusional.

>61540402
>being a punjabi
My deepest condolences
>Why do pakis keep shelling Afghans
Sorry about that (j v j)
Gori means gorilla as sikhnis tend to be of carpetsofhair speaking from my experience

Hey what's in the bag?

Honestly Indians work super hard in technical fields. It seems like almost all of the Indians we get are educated and ready to rapidly enter the work force. Plus they speak English.

I am completely okay with this kind of immigration.

Assmad whitebro please go
This thread is /desi/ only