/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread -

Other urls found in this thread:

head-fi.org/f/threads/how-to-automatically-eq-your-headphones-to-online-measurements-a-step-by-step-guide.854773/
tamayatech.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=yrmQBU2XYNk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

>same hat

AKG a cute! a cute!

What is the second most reposted copypasta behind this one?

Idol Trash here, what's your setup user?

Indeed, and the circle of confusion only adds to this situation.

Best budget headphones coming through :^)

>Macbook on it's own
No noise
>Macbook with AMP
Noise
>Desktop with amp
No noise

Anyone have any idea why theres noise on my Macbook when I use my amp?

o2 + AKG k612

COME BACK

My HD555 are dying. Any suggestions ~100$?

Room EQ Wizard house curve file for this curve:
50 0.0
315 -1.0
900 -2.0
2000 -3.0
4000 -4.0
8100 -5.0
20000 -6.0
Speakers EQ'd to this curve at the listening position sound pretty great. This could also be used on top of EQ'ing to Headroom graphs (diffuse field compensated) as described by head-fi.org/f/threads/how-to-automatically-eq-your-headphones-to-online-measurements-a-step-by-step-guide.854773/

I would say beats since dr dre invented the headphone

9500S' or a pair of HD 558s.

How do I access the old head-fi ui?

I'm in love with their headphones, they may have been 'meh' before, but they really have stepped up their game recently. You just can't beat their bass filtering technology.

Just re solder the connections

solder some filtering curcuit to USB port

Not that easy.
Its cracking noise on the right side

Seconding SHP9500s or HD558. Get SHP9500s if you'd rather err on the side of brightness and HD558 if you'd rather err on the side of darkness.

Status CB-1?

unfortunately SHP9500 are not available in my country

lol, i forgot about that, it was actually funnier imho.

Did you look for SHP9500S?

HD580

Yes i did
The only place where i can get them is Amazon with with 160Euro price ill pass

OK, well, HD558 are a fine, fine headphone.

Just don't buy the 559s, they're a downgrade.

Roger that
Thanks anons

>HD558
Btw are they cracking on side just like HD555?

No. Sennheiser reformulated the plastic once they became aware of the cracking issue and the cracking issue went away when they did so.

That was only a problem with the earlier batches of the 5X8 series.

Tbh im just curious
My old (10yo now? or even older) still holding up

Did sennheiser to a press release on this or is this just speculation based on data?

Sennheiser posted about it on Head-Fi.

You got a link? I'm curious to see what they said.

fuck you nigger

Some lucky bastard in brooklyn just got a free audeze carbon fiber headband because they fucked up and sent my order to a different state.

quick take the headphones off before they explode

buy a wyrd to DECRAPIFY your output :^)

But does the pure gold cable have audio stones to put it on? If it touches the floor or anything but audio stones the signal is fucking toast.

I love the extra multidynamic soundscaping that audio stones give me.

>audiophools LITERALLY tape bags of rocks to their cables

Of course, to increase transient bit speed in the cables.

They're rocks, in a bag.
How anyone could ever think they'd go through plastic to interact with cables is beyond me.

>tfw gigantic head and all headphones are too tight for me
>tfw headphone migraines
>tfw forced to use IEM forever

The rocks in the bag are hand picked to best deliver the magnetic waves required to increase audio throughput and quality. It sure is summer, eh?

If you can find an MDR-MA900 I absolutely guarantee they'll be large enough and not tight on you. Most comfortable headphones ever made, and can extend to an absolute ludicrous size.

>Discontinued

What are the best types of rocks to of better optimize my audio cables? Spending more money on cables doesn't get me the upgrade I was hoping to get.

reposting since thread died

How does a 1.8m cable feel? I've only had experience with a 3m behemoth cable, and obviously not a good experience (kept getting stuck at the chair leg, but eh it's replaceable anyways).

I'm wondering if I should buy a shorter 1.3m one (designed for the IEM) with this. I looked at the review, and apparently the cables feel really nice, but I'm still worried about the length/weight.

I do plan to use these as portable cans (library, coach bus / train) if I can find a more practical case. Dunno if that's advisable, but heck I lugged around a dumb brick T5xx thinkpad before.

tamayatech.com/ has a new pair for $208.74

What headphones have the best weeb mids and why is it the HD6x0 series?

youtube.com/watch?v=yrmQBU2XYNk

Audio Technica r70x is known for being just as comfortable, never tested one though so i can't speak from experience.

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

Hey, missed you. You silly goose ^_^

And it actually improves the sound.
Psychology is a bitch.

Just buy a k7xx or th-x00

Oh, right, the AD700X, AD900X and AD1000X are known for being poor for small heads (they won't stay in place) but good for large heads. I haven't used them so I can't speak from experience, but I have an enormous head (my high school baseball team had to buy a special helmet just for me) and I literally only have to extend the MA900s 1/3 of their potential size for them to fit on me.

Always here, always lurking ;)

the cheaper one on top looks nicer.

what the hell is AKG's flagship anyways? I can't think of a headphone of theirs that actually has flagship-tier build quality. Even their K812 was apparently disappointing.

>K7XX
AKGs are well known for being poor for large heads. Large headed people will find the metal bars digging into their skull.

>metal bars
what metal bars? It's all plastic

>sweatpads coming through :^)
ftfy

What are you, fat? Do you live in goddamn Mexico?

>trying to convince a retarded normie that headphones do in fact sound better than their tinny laptop speakers

I have the AD900X and a regular sized head, it's pretty comfortable, a little too big since the wing system doesn't hold as tight as regular headbands, might work for you, i do dislike a bit how it feels on the ears, but that's because my ears are rather prominent.

>Not having a laptop with built-in bookshelf speakers

>558

Don't bother listening to it before doing the foam mod.

Why are AKGs so heavily shilled when they're not even good headphones? Are they a good value? I see them everywhere even though they don't compare to Sennheiser or even Beyerdynamic.

>Having to mod your headphones for "better" sound

Thoughts on the Jaybird X3 as commute/everyday carry headphone?

What the fuck, where do you browse? They're probably the least shilled out of the three there by a large margin.

>What are you, fat? Do you live in goddamn Mexico?
Wish that was the case, but instead all I got was buyer's remorse. Never had that problem with any other headphones.
People need to stop humping the shp9500s like they're the next coming of hd600s.
Anime girls look cute in them.

i have them and I actively discourage people away from them because of the build whenever I can.

The K7XX was a good a value until the HD6XX came at the same price. I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy the K7XX unless the price went down to maybr $175 but even then why when you can the HD6XX a $400 value

unless assdrop managed to find a sneaky way to skimp on the cost of the HD6XX.

user what are your thoughts on Campfire Audio? Worth it?

This is incorrect. The difference before and after the foam mod has been measured and it is very small. The foam mod is unnecessary and not worth voiding the warranty.

He might have meant shilled by anime. They're very common in anime for some reason.

Hifumi a cute. A cute!!

Why even bother?

By far the cutest New Game.

The melanin-enriched software engineer is my second pick.

>People need to stop humping the SHP9500S like they're the next coming of HD600s
Nigger, are you delirious? Probably the best sub $100 headphone along with the 558s, but they're budget headphones nonetheless. I don't know what you were expecting from them, ya fatty.

There are pretty good. :^)

>Probably the best sub $100 headphone
Except its not. If the 558 and philips are within $40(which they were just recently) there's no reason to get one over the 558.

Careful user, you're going to trigger those anons who unironically believed Zeos.

I've tried both. The 558's bass muddies up the mids, and the only way to fix that (I'm assuming) is by doing that shitty foam mod.

HD558 err from neutrality on the side of darkness about as much as SHP9500 err from neutrality on the side of brightness. Different strokes. Both are great for the price.

This user has the idea.

Impossible, people can't like things I don't like. Now go get those HD600s.

Hmmmmmm...

Too bad it's not the 600's marble look.
Damn, that plain grey plastic sure is boring.

Whoa, whoa you two. Just calm down now

OwO

Do you cut yourself with those supercool knives?