ebay.com/itm/351425291032
techpowerup.com/gpudb/images/c83_GF106-250-KA-A1.jpg
techpowerup.com/gpudb/images/c88_GF116-400-A1.jpg
techpowerup.com/vgabios/88673/asus-gts450-1024-100823-1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A GPU, you nonce.

Looks like fake piece of shit.

Yup. 6 pin isn't connected to anything.

A prototype for a hoverboard that hovers using the air pressure created by the two fans

Fuck I can't phone post worth a damn

fake flashed gtx 760
actually a 8800 gt or something like that

chinks amirite?

8800 gt would actually require a 6 pin.
Setting it up now. Let's see what GPU-Z says...

they put a 760 tag on it but it's actually a 560?

so whats the story behind this? You get scammed on ebay or something?

No, someone else. I just sold them a computer and picked up their X2 4400/8GB system for $5.

8600 gts then? idk

it's going to show as 760 in gpuz don't even try i don't know how flashing works much

Actually it did require the 6-pin.
I didn't see any traces but idk it didn't output without it.

just check the shaders, bus, clocks and shit maybe that will give something away

Vamery is a counterfeit brand, their GPUs don't come from Nvidia. Card is a fake.

ebay.com/itm/351425291032

The specs are all wrong too. The 760 is supposed to feature 2GB GDDR5 @ 256bit, this thing has "up to" 2GB of DDR5 memory with a 128bit bus.

The picture does not provide enough information to confirm that statement

>I didn't see any traces but idk it didn't output without it.
This isn't 1970. Boards are multi layered.

WTF did GPU-Z say??

I'm working on finding a driver.

Tried nvidia's legacy driver?

work harder you fucking slave.

OP is ALWAYS A FAGGOT

The 700 series one is installing now. I don't know how far that one goes, but the 8000 specific one is all the way back at 342.01 when this is 384.94

>installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
kill me

Last year I had nothing but a shitty n2080 laptop and so was at the library checking out the state of the hardware market after being out of the loop for so fucking long.
eBay was flodded with cards that had that cooler as 760s and 770s at very cheap prices. I actually seriously considered it for a day, SLI 770s until I realized what was going on.
Now they're doing it with pic related cooler.
I'm not sure what exactly the scam is though because paypal and ebay will refund a buyer even if you do everything right, it doesn't matter if the buyer wants your shit it's theirs.
If you go and find the listings for the fake ones up right now none of the sellers have bad feedback from them. Maybe they're getting the feedback removed some how? Only thing I can think of is building up a good ebay that gives you the money as soon as the buyer pays, selling like 40 of these, draining the paypal, and then just letting it go red and to collections. If you have an abundance of fullz(ssn/name/dob/etc) it would be rather easy money but the fact that you actually HAVE one kind of burns that idea.

Almost done.
Why did I decide to do this on a 160GB laptop drive?

Ta-da!

Whoa

Real GTX 760:

GTS 450 with curiously large VRAM

>Real GTX 760:
now benchmark it so you can realize its not actually real.

Are you a retard? He's posting that as a comparison to the obvious fake. Look LITERALLY TWO POSTS UP. Then look at shaders, ROPs, bus width, etc.

it's a 450 alright. if you flash it it reports wrong vram which makes sense

What's a quick GPU limited bench? Otherwise the X2 4400 will torpedo it.

Run furmark

the closest i can find is the sparkle gts 450 which uses a reference pcb. but the fake one doesn't have backside vram and the pcb looks much cleaner. i wonder what they changed.

20fps average until it locked up at 70C.

FAKE AND GAY

does furmark report 2 gb?
maybe its locking up because its allocating memory it doesnt have. i dont know

try something like unigine heaven with afterburner running. start low res and quality and ramp up while monitoring vram. see if it freezes after 750mb or 1.5gb

flash to gtx 450?? at least try.

gts*

if you flash a gts 450 bios , do it last cause it can brick it if it's not a 450

open it and take picture of the die

Take off the cooler and see if it's GF106 or GF116

nvidia 12b3b506 113a1
S Taiwan
pac72.mod

RAM
4 chips of Hynix h5gq2h24mfr

*1113a1

Those are 2Gb chips so it does look to be 1GB.

techpowerup.com/gpudb/images/c83_GF106-250-KA-A1.jpg

techpowerup.com/gpudb/images/c88_GF116-400-A1.jpg

Does it look like any of these?

I believe that's a 550 ti

GF part is rubbed away.
The numbering looks more like the GF116

Shredder's arm guard?

Wrong bus width. Bus width and clocks fit a 450.
Board layout looks really close to an Asus GTX 450.

I think I'm going to try to flash this BIOS:
techpowerup.com/vgabios/88673/asus-gts450-1024-100823-1

Now I just need to figure out how to flash a GPU BIOS...

fucking hell, how do I override the device id mismatch

nvflash -4 -5 -6 your.rom

Ok, adding it to nbitor, saving it with the used device id, and flashing it done bricked it.

False

Can't flash it while using onboard video (doesn't detect), and it just sits there beeping using the card. Keyboard lights never come on so can't blind flash it.
It be dead.
No great loss since it was overheating anyway.

>I'm not sure what exactly the scam is though because paypal and ebay will refund a buyer even if you do everything right,
They're probably getting people because these cards do have at least a smidge of 3D capability. (at least when they don't lock up). Probably most people snatching these are retarded normies who won't think to benchmark them. They'll load up LoL, see that it plays, and be happy.