Are there any other cases in this form factor?

Are there any other cases in this form factor?

I'm not the biggest fan of Cooler Master so I'm wondering if there's anyone else who makes cases like this.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119265

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139029
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112471
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112466
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139033
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811352027
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Corsair Air 540/240

Close, but not exactly:
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139029
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112471

You can turn them on their sides but they're not really designed to. You're either placing it on the window or if you flip it to the other face, you're blocking the PSU vent.

Thanks for the suggestions! Was hoping for something more short and squat, wider than it is tall.

I saw one that's even shorter: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112466

That's more like a HTPC form factor. I like the basement on the Cooler Master one because it gives lots of space for drives. Hoping to make a nice unraid machine and not feel too cramped.

Well aside from that, the vast majority of "non-standard" cases I'm seeing are either cubes or just obese towers.

Well they actually show the 240 on its side on the product page, so I assume at least that's officially supported.

Maybe you can flip the PSU if it doesn't have enough clearance?

The thing is, the height is limited by the PSU height+motherboard+video card height, and the at least the Air 240 is already about as short as is practical. "Shorter and squatter" would actually just mean wider, and no shorter.

Silverstone makes a lot of shoebox cases
Pic related, SG11B, worst case I ever owned

The 240 is MicroATX though and the 540 doesn't seem to be made to be placed on it's 'side' like the 240.

Also perhaps saying 'shorter' wasn't right. I see how what I wrote was a bit off.

Thanks again for the suggestion though.

Oh gosh, that looks horrible.

this is one of the cases CM should make a modern version of, just like they did with cosmos and HAF (on pic related)

Don't get me wrong, its compact, its cool, it can handle a decent amount of LP coolers (I had a bequiet shadowrock LP in it) and it has 3 3.5" drive trays and then like 5 more standard 2.5 ones, and can supposedly hold even more if you dont use the 5.25" bay

But its built like garbage, it rattled a lot, vibration in general was a problem, the cover panel never fit on right and the whole thing feels cheaply made. No rounded or even sanded metal edges, I cut myself a bunch of times on it, the front panel I/O cables are short and overall its not worth the 70$ I paid for it

My cooler master elite 110, a tiny budget ass case I got for 20 bucks, outperforms it in every way except for GPU length
It takes an ATX PSU and has loads of drive mounts, more space for a cooler and even has room for a 120mm radiator

Thermaltake core is probably the cheapest modern looking horizontal tray case
v21 g3 and x1? are all matx/atx cases.

Thanks for the suggestions, user

>modern looking
more like terrible looking, amirite

I'm looking for something similar, I'll probably go with the corsair 250D
>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139033
It's cheaper on amazon, but I have a feeling you weirdos have something against amazon.

Also didn't realize you were looking for an ATX case

you can always buy an old netvista and mod the PSU from SFX to ATX, still limited with mATX mobo and have to use those 3 1/2 floppy shaped in hard plastic fronts

What about:
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811352027

>makes crossflow fan design above CPU
>no longer manufacture CFF

I own the SG02, I liked the fact that it was the smallest MATX case for it's time. Shit overheats like a bitch even with best LP coolers.

>Shit overheats like a bitch even with best LP coolers.

I can vouch for this, too. I had a variant of the SG02, and the airflow in that case was piss poor. Coincidentally, I replaced it with the Cooler Master XB (case in OP's pic), and it's been great.

But seriously, fuck the SG02. My CPU and GPU ran a good 15-25 degrees hotter in the POS.

owner of pic related. why don't you like cooler master op? haf xb evo is goat.

ThermalTake Core Series ($)
CaseLabs Mercury S3 & S8 ($$$)
Corsair 200 & 250D ($)
SilverStone GD05, GD08, GD09 ($-$$)
CoolerMaster Haf Evo XB, Elite-A ($)

forgot pic

The SG02 is over ten years old though, and a lot has changed in that time in terms of heat production. The highest end GPUs of that time period were sub 100W - less than half what it is today. It's not surprising a case designed back then (especially a pseudo SFF case) can't keep up with more modern hardware.

Buddy has one of these and it's supposed to be a "LAN party" case but it's just a big pain in the ass. Takes up too much space on the desk and too much space on the floor. There's just no good place to put the damn thing.

Oh awesome, thanks for posting this, gives me a really idea of the scale.

I bought a Cooler Master case once, the build quality left something to be desired. I might have just gotten a lemon but I didn't want to risk it. Also for this case in particular I'm not a huge fan of some of the aesthetic choices (just looks a tad dated).

The size isn't too much of an issue, it's actually the perfect size to fit in my TV stand which is nice.

Yah, ATX is pretty important to me, hoping to have multiple video cards to drive atleast 2 VMs in UnRaid.

Actually my setup back then was C2Q 6600/X4 810, GTX9800+ and GTX9600GSO.

The hardwares are almost the same release date of the SG02, i got two of the cases and sold one just to get the SG03 which is a big improvement over SG02. Exception the C2Q actually is older than the case itself.

This is mine, though it's no longer assembled since I moved to the Lian-Li PC-O8

I'll be putting this out on my curb tomorrow if anyone wants to come pick it up. VFD display is useless unless you can write custom software for it.

anyone know of a case like these that is 8in high and 14in wide and fits a mATX mobo? looking for something to go in a shelf on my desk

>(just looks a tad dated)
well its a box.... can't see really doing much with a box. maybe rounded corners? but then again apple has a patent for that so...

THe case has some rubber feet that can be installed on either side. with the feet it gives the psu vent 1/2" clearance.