Wanna make a high end gaming pc that can play modern triple A games at 1080p 60 frames per second...

Wanna make a high end gaming pc that can play modern triple A games at 1080p 60 frames per second. Im currently using a shitty prebuilt, are there any parts I can reuse in my gaming build?

Other urls found in this thread:

longisland.craigslist.org/sop/d/intel-k-bnib-nvidia-gtx/6228113776.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Processor is good, you need to replace everything else.
In other words, your GPU, memory, motherboard and storage are all hot garbage.
Memory -> DDR4
Storage -> SSD preferably m.2
GPU just (((nvidia))) thing you can afford, and a motherboard that fits those
Why did you buy a computer that leaned so heavily on CPU?

Just get a better GPU. And an SSD. That's all you need, really.

>Processor is good
>replace your DDR3 RAM with DDR4

>high end gaming pc

>1080p
>60 frames per second

use ddr3 then luddite

haswell doesn't support ddr4 moron.

hey dont talk shit to my boy falcon, i'll fuck you up

Also why didnt u recommend changing the cpu for a ryzen and keep the mobo? :^)

o rite teehee
go for this then, scrap the whole thing

That an XPS 8700? It ain't shitty. The PSU should handle a GTX 1070.
There's your gaymen rig.

There's nothing wrong with his RAM, idiot.

Proccesor is good. Ram is good. Honestly this looks great just put a new PSU and GPU in and maybe get a SSD.

Add a SSD and a big boy GPU and slap her on the ass

Get an SSD and a GTX 1080.
Then put in some 3000Mhz RAM and you're good.

DDR3@798MHz

>tfw using DDR2 at 677MHZ

SSD wouldn't hurt.

He doesn't need a 1080 nor does he need 3000hz RAM. His shitty dell mobo wouldn't support it anyway.

I could play most AAA titles at 1080p, 60 frames, 60hz on medium to high settings with my old ass R9 290.

1080p @ 60/60 isn't exactly demanding. Even with high settings. Resolution and refresh rate are more demanding than high settings.

OP most of these people are retarded. New GPU (market is fucked right now though, buy used imo), and a new power supply. And an SSD. And you're set.

What the fuck about it? It's dual channel, that's 1600mhz ram. Theres literally nothing wrong with his ram end of story. Ram frequency has been proven to only give minimal performance gains while gaming anyway. You're literally an underaged summerfag.

Me too, man.

>tfw using an old opteron socket f
>tfw using ATI radeon 5770
>tfw motherboard doesn't even fit in case right
Computing is pain

So the general consensus is to scrap the mobo, psu, and gpu, while keeping ram and processor.

Why don't you just manage your memory with pen and paper
>muh dual channel
That's twice nothing
>Ram frequency has been proven to only give minimal performance gains while gaming anyway.
conveniently ignoring ddr3, does that not matter as well?

I'm using a 2006 Mac Pro with crossfired 5770s, so I feel you. Runs Windows better than OS X at this point, but it's basically a space-heater. Needless to say I don't game on it.

If it is a prebuilt, see what kind of PSU it can handle. If it can handle normal PSUs, then get a new PSU and a new GPU. You can keep everything else.

If you have the budget, add an SSD.

You just need a GPU my guy.
Shoot for a 1070 or a used 980ti.

Why are you ignoring the fact that he's playing 1080p at 60 fucking frames on a 60hz monitor.... he doesn't need DDR4. So in this instance, no he doesnt.

You're also conviently ignoring the fact that he'd have to replace virtually every component CPU and motherboard included just to run DDR4 which again is meaningless for his desires.

I'm done. Everyone can laugh about how retarded you look.

The only upside is that ECC ram is very cheap so I got 32 GBs for 40$

RAM upgrade from that trash he has is on par with getting a new GPU.
>inb4 it doesn't benefit all games.
It shows an effect on enough games to be a justified upgrade and his RAM is ancient tier.
Also I have an OC'd 1070 and Witcher 3 doesn't give you a steady 60fps at 1080p with everything cranked to max. It almost does, but not in all areas.
Upcoming games will be even more demanding and possibly terribly optimized.
Of course if you want to go by the mid-high range and you don't want all of the bells and whistles enabled it's different, but I assume he wants to max things out and get a steady 60fps.

Absolutely. I pull all my rigs from the trash at whatever job I'm at, so I'm upgrading soon, but was planning on getting 32GB.

A new mobo would be pointless man.

1070 would be a good option if they weren't impossible to find and the prices on them are rediculous because of miners.

Get a used 970 or maybe a 980 if you can find one for a decent prices

>I'm done. Everyone can laugh about how retarded you look

Your 1440, DDR4 benchmark is meaningless here, neckbeard.

Miners use Nvidia cards too?

If it's an XPS he doesn't even need to scrap the GPU. The 460W they come with is pretty stout. They come stock with midrange cards and can handle more.

For those asking its an XPS 8700 that's about 3 or 4 years old.

What's your local craigslist?

Bretty nice.

NY Long Island, if you want to make a deal or something I can ship it.

No I'm going to look for a video card for you.

I'm just across the sound from you.

Oh shit thanks, im from Farmingdale

Dumbass doesn't realize DDR3 and DDR4 with the same bandwith/frequency are the same

longisland.craigslist.org/sop/d/intel-k-bnib-nvidia-gtx/6228113776.html

GTX 1070, asking $400. See if he'll come down a bit. You can get them new for $435 so I wouldn't buy used at that asking price, but if he'll knock another $20 off you're getting it with no mining surcharge.

Just spend $500 on a 1080 that will actually be future proof

Thanks, I'll try and see if I can get him to lower the price

1080 would need another $60 for a new PSU.

Yes.