WILL INTEL EVER RECOVER?

WILL INTEL EVER RECOVER?

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/11544/intel-skylake-ep-vs-amd-epyc-7000-cpu-battle-of-the-decade/22
videocardz.com/71100/msi-showcases-x399-gaming-pro-carbon-ac
legitreviews.com/asus-rog-zenith-extreme-x399-motherboard-pictures_196357
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> Buy Ryzen within weeks of availability.
> Lame box

W-Why have you forsaken me AMD?

They never recovered me as a customer. I will always be AMD.

why did you chop mommys head off?

What is this and can someone photoshop it so its a giant CPU in the foam

> 16-cores/32-threads
> + AIO
> $1000
Intel:
> 10-cores/20-threads
> $1000

Conveniently forggetting 1 AMD core = 0.5 Intel core

Jej

You mean, 1Intel core = Unstable shit at 4.7Ghz let's just release our CPU at that frequency!

Also, Intel HAS to be oc'd to 4,7-5GHz to be viable in any way risking burn damage.

>people actually believe this shit.

I hope so.
Don't want 10 years or stagnant AMD like we got with intel.

nice samefag, do you get paid by the post or are you just a mentally challenged sperg spreading false info?

It's more like 1 AMD core = 0.95 Intel core per clock cycle, but with the intel cores running at blazing hot 5Ghz which makes the final result be 1 AMD core = 0.9 intel hot core

>A funny-looking box is AMD's best asset

the ABSOLUTE state of AMDPOOJEET

Imagine what would happen if Intel released Skylake-X during winter like they originally planned instead of summer?

Only in terms of heat output.

>Dem titties.

I want to threadrip her...if you know what I mean wink wink.

How do I get a EPYC shirt?

I work as a service guy in my local PC shop. Literally built a single computer with AMD CPU since Ryzen came out, I don't think Intel has to recover from anything.

I think that box is cool as fuck

You tell me. Why are tests shilling i7-7700k always oc'd? Why is memelake-x results always oc'd? Why not use non-k/x processors on benchmarks against Ryzen?

Because that would make Intel look bad.
Bad goy.
Very bad goy.

That box could double up as a pillow.

>a pillow for Brian to bite as Su goes in raw.

>muh anecdotal evidence
>comparing HEDT sales to mainstream

For HEDT use, and more so servers, Zen IPC is actually generally higher.

It has higher fp32 and fp64 performance, hashing, memory bandwidth, and so on.
The only thing it's really worse at is AVX512 and int perf.

Funny enough, the last gen of excavator Opterons had extremely good int perf. Good for GIS until they were held back by memory.

I kinda botched the first one.
By what i saw in terms of actual benchmarks, ryzen kinda seems to be better at IPC in general if compared to the intel parts.. but the intel parts are running sanic fast in terms of clock rate.

Not entirely sure how this will bode for the performance per watt on intel side.

I can't wait for benchmarks.
Benchmarks of similarly specced CPUs, benchmarks of similarly priced CPUs.
I'm gonna be drinking so much coffee and reading so many articles!

>Not entirely sure how this will bode for the performance per watt on intel side.
It's bad even at totally anemic clocks.

anandtech.com/show/11544/intel-skylake-ep-vs-amd-epyc-7000-cpu-battle-of-the-decade/22
Fuck.
Forgot the link.

Well, it's the EPYC here, moar processors per die and stuff save power on well not having more Racks.
But i think that even on the unichip deal, Ryzen will be better.
Like, if 2Ghz ryzen > 2 Ghz intel, and both eat the same power..

> Lame box
This is just tradition bro, be thankfull that your productor wasnt delivered by a paki driving a vespa

Dude it's eating 20watts more at INT workload with CONSTANT jumping thorough coherent links.
That's worse than rape.

>cropping mummy out of the photo

For servers, zen fucks xeon perf/watt. It's 2x higher in some cases, and almost never lower, especially not anywhere near half.

Anandtech did a good review.
Though as they point out, ultimately it can wind up being cheaper for a company to buy faster but less cores because lots of software licensing is thousands of dollars PER CORE.
So buying a $8000 xeon that's 3.5GHz on 24 cores can make more sense than buying a $4500 Epyc that's 3.2GHz on 32 cores winds up costing more.

I'm not sure why AMD isn't releasing 1p 16 core on their server socket with 2 dies and 3.5GHz per core. I think there is a market for it for sure.

2GHz zen uses much less power than 2GHz intel.
It's only above like 3.3Ghz that intel power efficiency starts catching up then sort of surpassing it past that wall zen gets voltage limited at and Intel just uses silly amounts.

>lots of software licensing is thousands of dollars PER CORE
That's fucking stupid. Why does anyone put up with that?

>lots of software licensing is thousands of dollars PER CORE
What? IS that really a thing? How can they tell?
How positively sneaky. Is that because of some "One instance of the software running per core" deal?

rekt

She was such a cutie in Lost Planet 3, but she aged badly.

>Lost Planet 3
CAPCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
I will never not be angry about this.

>I'm not sure why AMD isn't releasing 1p 16 core on their server socket with 2 dies and 3.5GHz per core. I think there is a market for it for sure.

Look up MS SQL licensing

apocalyptic burn

>2.4Ghz is 3.5
retard

>bitching which cpu is better

both are compromised on the hardware level

AMD partners have showcased their upcoming Ryzen Threadripper X399 motherboards:

videocardz.com/71100/msi-showcases-x399-gaming-pro-carbon-ac

Asrock

ffffffuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUuuuccccccccckkkk

Intel is finished and bankrupt!

>a fucking cogwheel

3600 MHz memory is great and all, but I care more about which boards will support 32GB ECC RDIMMs.

>13 phases
>2x 8pin cpu power
I know what I'm getting now

Looks like quad channel RAM and power delivery will make it hard to make a monoblock

Isn't MSSQL licensed per socket, where AMD is at an advantage, or did MS change their policy?

what do you mean?

Per core.

See how the heatpipe goes down on the left side on the Taichi?
Obviously it's going down to part of the power delivery. I think a monoblock would have a hard time reaching back there.
It looks even worse on the MSI board. I think we could end up with a separate VRM block.

CHECKMATE INTEL.

ah yes, all that ram will give a hard time for a monoblock designer

DELETE THIS, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!

ECC is a meme.

Hnnnnnngggg
I'd buy TR if the 1700 wasn't such a great value desu.

They definitely don't want an X299 on their hands.

Then there's this

legitreviews.com/asus-rog-zenith-extreme-x399-motherboard-pictures_196357

Asus' styling for the top end Zen motherboards is really slick. The muted grey/black is damn sexy.

Yeah at least you can turn off the light circus

If that was the important part, then what is Threadripper?

>enthusiast boards for multi-die fucktons of cores cpu

why?

for the same retards who build dual xeon quad sli rigs

Sorry, here, we made this one just for you.

>Caps: Black

No AIO from AMD, no air cooler either. Fake rumor. Debunked now. Also only fans available at launch will be shit colored Noctua ones, and even those are limited supply.

>2 8-pin
What kind of PSU even supports that?

1000+ watts?

[citation needed]

The box is big enough to be hiding an AIO in there.

this isn't bulldozer you cunt. AMDs SMT is actually more effective than intel's, so per thread AMD almost wins if not for the 4GHz hard barrier.

Stop being dumb.

Epyc have 128 PCIe lanes. They are 4 dies. Being 4 dies means more uncore. Which means higher TDP. Which means further needing lower clocks to stay at reasonable TDP.
They would need 2 full dies per socket instead of 4 to have clocks closer to Threadripper for server CPUs while still having good perf/watt. They have no such offering. They're all 128 PCIe lane 4 dies. The 16 core Epyc are 4 4 cores.

OY VEYY

THIS ANTI-SEMITE DESIGN REMINDS ME OF THE CREMATION CHAMBERS THEY PUT ME IN.

DELETE THIS PICTURE NOW SHREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

3 lan?

High-End/Server PSUs.

Did they find out why GCC segfaults randomly on Ryzen under heavy load? Is this a GCC bug or a bug in Ryzen's microcode?

Not on a thread ripper you silly bitch.

ECC is almost mandatory.

>we need to develop a new motherboard for HEDT processors
>lets make it gaymen styled and add RGB LEDs
Someone should die because of this. Who the fuck is going to be getting these new HEDT processors for building a gaymen rig anyhow?

You can turn them off, y'know.

I would because I also edit 4k/1080p video and 8k+ resolution pictures. Also encode a lot as well.

however on my off time I also game.

I also agree about the gaudy motherboards with RGB nonsense. I'm hoping ASUS steps up and delivers their WS line of motherboards for X399/Threadripper. If so, I'm sold.

Pic related is Intel Asus WS board.

It looks fine if you just remove the plastic shrouds and replace the chipset heatsink (which probably isn't even required for what is probably a 12watt or so chip).

It's a fucking CPU, why does it have to come in a stupid decorative box

Enterprise will just buy the HP or Dell workstations a year from now, when they are validated.
Buying this shit now is paying to be a beta tester.

>I would because I also edit 4k/1080p video and 8k+ resolution pictures. Also encode a lot as well.
But you aren't building that for gaming, you're building it for other more hardware intensive tasks that happen to have you covered if you want to play games (and considering new AAA games today are straight shit, you really don't need much to be covered for playing games). You shouldn't be stuck with "Republic of Gaming" shit all over your machine just because you want a higher end machine.

>is poor and never had that experience of opening a premium product
damn

OK it's bait. I'll bite

why do you guys continue to write threads like 12 year old girls?
The only conclusion I can come to is you're an effeminate man, or in this case a faggot

>$1000 CPU
>better box than Intel's

>all those SATA and USB ports

And 10Gb NIC from Aquantia in professional gaymen.

>Fake rumor
Really nuzzles the nezmins

M8 trust me, if it was written like a 12 year old girl I'd be all over it. But it shows what type of thoughts are in your mind.

Witnessed. Elaborate please.