Tablet

>>android tablet/ipad
>Oversized smartphone with shit specs and inability to make calls
>>win 10 tablet
>laptop mid range specs for the price of a workstation that requiere keyboard and touchpad to work properly
Seriously what is the point of these?

Other urls found in this thread:

iphone.appleinsider.com/articles/17/04/06/canonical-kills-its-ubuntu-smartphone-tablet-convergence-plans
youtu.be/TDvsNRa13CI
youtu.be/HtH9ME18Fc8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you can make calls on an iPad

Ask me in 5 years when canonical makes a proprietary tablet os

I've made calls with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 before so you're full of shit on that one.

So dude"five years"had passed
>iphone.appleinsider.com/articles/17/04/06/canonical-kills-its-ubuntu-smartphone-tablet-convergence-plans

Browsing the web in the confiest manner possible.

Please, shut the door.

No

Read things, Watch movies, Watch series, Cheap Retro Gaming without being confined in a small ass screen and yes, Android Tablets CAN make calls, I don't see the point though.

Media consumption, documents, web browsing, chinese girl cartoons

Where exactly does the line between phones and tablets even lie when they can both do the same exact things with only the screen size being different?

Perfect size and form-factor for media consuption and web browsing.

I like to lay down at night, bring that fucker right up to my face, and watch netflix n chill to some parks and rec. There is truly no greater meme to be had on this little blue dot floating through the cosmos.

What's the go to android tablet these days?

Only Android tablets are "oversized phones with shit specs", Apple actually put some effort into the hardware and software on the iPads, especially the iPad Pros.

Phones have front facing speakers for calls. Tablets have speakers only on the back or side.

Got a $100 aud, dual os teclast with a 1080p screen, works well for browsing, media and emulators

But some tablets do feature front facing speakers.

I use mine primarily for taking notes, sometimes for reading articles on the go, rarely for drawing.

Actually the screen size determines what you can do. I wouldn't try to take notes on a 5" device. But yeah, I think that phones and tablets are just two parts of one curve on comfiness/portability chart. However, around 12" those devices stop being handheld. And around 6" it becomes difficult to make calls with them without a headset or something similar. So I think these points could serve as boundaries. We also could wonder how small a modern phone can be. My guess is that with a physical keyboard, the screen could be as small as 2.3".

There are lots of reasons to own a tablet, sempai

>it's not rotated towards the driver

If those same front speaker tablets have LTE signal then it's no different from a phone.

it's IPS. I don't give two shits if it's facing me directly.

I'm planning on getting an iPad Pro to use for editing photos, video and do music production with on the go as well as using it for college, iPads are really not comparable to Android tablets when it comes to both the hardware and software and I say this as someone who uses Android phones with custom ROMs and hate iOS on phones.

Inb4 "hurr durr just get a laptop", the iPad is much more portable, has a better aspect ratio for productivity, has stylus support and have a way sharper and more color accurate screen than what you can get on a laptop in the same price range.

They don't.

7" is tablet territory.

Is editing software for iPads actually any good? I was pretty disappointed with lack of productive software for Android and I had a friend that used his iPad just as youtube/messenger machine with shit keyboard so I suspected all tablet OS suffer from this (except Linux with GNOME). Also, can you actually multitask on iOS? Android is pretty shit about that.
>open a program
>switch to another program
>switch back to the first program
>it has to reload and loses previous context

Editing software is getting better with programs like Lightroom Mobile, Affinity Photo and Lumafusion, you just need to get used to a different workflow than what you're used to on a desktop. Some pros are also starting to use iPad Pros as opposed to laptops for editing on the go.

youtu.be/TDvsNRa13CI
youtu.be/HtH9ME18Fc8

Multitasking is getting better as well, especially in iOS 11 with the added stuff like the dock, splitscreen and picture in picture and stuff like that, but you're still better off with getting the 10.5 inch iPad Pro as opposed to the older 9.7 inch model because the new models have 4GB RAM compared to the 2GB on the old models.

>dongle for reading cards
>the reviewer seems to have little to no idea how computers work
>imprecise controls (when cropping or rotating)
>SEE HOW FAST SCROLLING PICTURES IS
>USB charging apparently doesn't need a charger
Apart from the reviewer appearing either tech-illiterate or paid, it's actually nice to see the software is pretty usable, even though a little lacking in some parts.