Do Europeans actually feel "European" as part of their identity?

Do Europeans actually feel "European" as part of their identity?

I've never heard anyone say it.

European as in being white, non-muslim AND living on the European continent, yes

Everyday every time ooga booga about Aryan what,This is the fixed Europe what,Are these not your indentity as European?

I never did, until I spent a month in the States.

>as part of their identity?

Of course I was born in Europe and live in Europe. Not feeling European is as idiotic as not feeling chordata

you are a european too buddy, just ask yourself

I think we do, but I can't tell about what other Europeans think.

When I lived in Germany Germans would always tell me they aren't German but European. Meanwhile you wouldn't hear that from any other Europeans.
Is Europe a German meme?

I feel french the most, then I feel part of my region, and only after these two I feel european.

European identity is basically tied to common history and religion. No matter how much cathocucks, Orthococks and prodicktetants hated each other they were still very european ideas.

I am a Greek, nothing else.

I don't know one Englishmen who considers himself European.

Hell most oldfags won't even acknowledge England is in Europe.

>most oldfags won't even acknowledge England is in Europe.
You don't have maps in England?

Have you ever been outside Europe?
Because I have and let me tell you, I knew what it meant to be European then. I went to Asia.

I met lots of Americans. A Peruvian. They were all insufferable. Asians themselves model their countries on America for some reason. Korea is just USA 2.0. I also met some Brits, a Belgian guy, French guy, German guy, Norwegian girl. We just clicked instantly. There's just a shared European culture we take for granted that you don't notice until you hang around non-Europeans.
American college students are like literal children. They dress in tank tops, baseball caps, cargo shorts, and flipflops. One dude went clubbing dressed like that. They eat shit food, they ate at a Korean McDonalds more times than I cared to mention. They act like teenagers when confronted with alcohol and start playing stupid games like beerpong.

One day I was out with the Belgian dude and the Peruvian dude. The Peruvian dude was a fatass. He was "hungry" in late afternoon early evening. We suggested stopping for food on the way back since it was almost dinner time, but no he wanted to grab chips from a store on the way home. He flat out refused to eat proper food so we gave up and he went off to stuff his face with crisps while me and the Belgian dude ate rice and chicken + shit at a little hole in the wall place.

I laughed with the Belgian dude about it, and he told me how earlier the Peruvian dude was telling him how he was trying to lose weight but always snacked all day and sometimes substituted entire proper meals for snacks and junk. He also took junk food to bed with him because he got "hungry". When the Belge said "dude that's unhealthy, don't do that" he replied "but I can't not eat when I'm hungry" and made up some bullshit excuse.

A bunch of tiny stuff like that that all adds up together, though the approach to drinking and food is definitely the biggest.

>Other europeans only start to find out about the english hipocrisy now

England is on the continent of Great Britain

Tbf I know a bunch of people like the Peruvian dude and they're all white.

It's an island, not a continent. Australia is a continent.

I don't consider myself Slovak. I am a European and citizen of the world.

Most people in my country don't think like that though. Nationalism is still strong here.

>beerpong
Truly what uncultivated pigs.
A true evropean would play flunkyball!

How were the koreans tho?
You interacted with the natives?

Wait, wait, you mean Britain which is 100 miles wide and 600 miles long isn't actually a continent?

>irrelevant countries identify more as european
>relevant countries like UK, France, Germany, etc don't feel the need
This is a pattern I've noticed.

No, not really.

Smaller, newer, less established countries have more fragile identities and their citizens tend to compensate this with stronger emphasis on nationalism.

this

Come on over Euros and see what it is like to not grow up on your continent

Unironically yes. Basically this.

Nope, Europe is just a meme continent.

Nope, we are hispanic an shiet

Absolutely not.

I identify as European, British, English or English-Welsh depending on the context. I'm a member of lots of clubs.

in my case no, fuck you eu

thats just being a normal human being

I feel European, because I know I share a common history and culture with people from other countries in Europe.

Yes, even though we're a long ways away from continental Europe.

cUck

No.

I feel Pan-European, interspecies boat-romantic quadpedalist as part of my identity.

ebin pasta

I imagine that it's used casually like how our people from different states just call themselves Americans. It's easier and gets half the specifics out of the way.

No.

Western Europe is what we mean when we say "Europe"

I feel part of my region the most, then I feel Italian, and only after these two I feel european.

I am Greek

No. Only three kinds of people say they are "European":

1) Intellectuals from the late 19th century,
2) Expats who got out of touch with their homeland,
3) EU shills (mostly).

That's it.

I have noticed meme countries like Luxembourg and Belgium saying it.

No. Not here.

No, we are north african.

I only feel european when i'm among non-europeans.

No it nonsense.

I do
Nazi Puto

They like to say it... yet they're butthurt when they're forced to avoid speaking Flemish or Luxembourgish.

Yep this.

We share more history, blood, culture, language and cuisine with Morocco than with slavs, scandies and germanics.

Say when you're among non-whites.

You don't feel especially "European" when there's a white South African, a white Uruguyan and a white New Zealander around, do you?

>average "European", anyone

Nazi Puto

>do you?

Uhm, yes I do?
Just because he is pale does not magically alter his cultural upbringing.
Except of course if im under the impression that he still retained lots of oldworld stuff, but people stopped that in the colonies since a longer time as far as I know safe for a few enclaves in southamerica.

What is so different between the cultural upbringing of a New Zealander compared to just any other European (with all the possible variations between a Croatian, a Finn and a Spaniard?)

I identify as a Frenchman, and somewhat European.
Western European people are living on the same land and are abiding by the same basic rules (peace, freedom, self-respect and the respect of others). We can probably live in each other countries without major issues.

I, however, despise what the European Union has become despite what it has given us (unified currency and virtual borders within the EU).
Now, it just feels like an overly complex organization filled with shady politicians playing games with billions of € from the taxpayers.

This honestly, at least for the South African white part, but not in a racist way: cultural divides here just happen to fall along racial lines most of the time. Obviously there are many exceptions, but still. I Identify more with Europeans than most non-white people here. It's very common among (mostly upper) middle-class white South Africans to try to emulate various European styles in the way we eat, dress, behave, etc. Obviously that's mixed with a bunch of American retardation since most of our media is American, but there's still a desire among most educated people to present themselves in a European way.

He is not from the continent of europe.
His culture has been detached from europe since a very long time. Australia and south asia are constantly making an influence on them due to their close proximity.
We europeans however get influenced by other europeans primarily besides america which influences all people of the world. Also our political developement is of course different.
What ive got in common with a hungarian, an estonian and a silician?
Our countrys culture is so old and diverse that our villages and cities will have regional saints, regional festivities all having underlying similar patterns (Fairytales for example often repeat themselves in differing variations over europe) and are marked in some way by most of the great cultural movements that swept over europe, be their architectonic, artisitic or philosophical. (every folks in europe had some phase of romanticism, or had nationalist strivings etc.)

This sounds maybe like a meta-level that doesnt affect our lives as much (I live in proximity to a castle! Im special! Im soaked with castlepower!) but I believe the sum of it shapes your character in ways you only get concious of after you have been travelled to an alien cultural sphere or get commented on by a foreigner.

Albeit it could be that in extreme cases, such as an albanian and an englishman, the englishman might feel closer to his cultural spawn-the new zealander.

Obviously national and regional identities are more important than being European, but yes, I was born in Europe, therefore I'm European.

No, it's literally a meme.
It's fun for bantering with Americans on their websites but I don't give a shit about it.