Why do you fags keep using linux?

Linux is a throttling heap of garbage used by pretentious manchild NEETS and mentally ill faggots and has no productivity software whatsoever. Linux will be irrelevant by 2018 and has no use other than hosting web servers more securely than Windows. But then again it's your choice to throw away productivity and a professional UI (Windows 7 classic and before) for some ultra homo riced anime desktop that you spent thousands of hours in config files tweaking after compiling a gorillion things from source only to realize nobody writes software for your shitty server OS that you're forcing on yourself on the desktop.

>muh gimp muh blender
dont even

>Why do you fags keep using linux?
Because I make a living programming for it.

proud mentally ill faggot here

aren't all drivers inside linux
and installation is basically cp -R /boot /bin /usr /mnt/disk

>being this mad over a few videogames

shitposting aside,
I have an XP-era laptop I can't afford a new SSD for
Xubuntu runs faster than 7 on it and overheats less

Bash, awk, Emacs, GNU coreutils.. none of these are available conveniently for winshit botnet.

Full control over the software on my machine and no telemetry bullshit. I have a virtual machine for any Windows shit I need to use.

Just use any noobfriendly modern fucking distro. Most of them 'just werk' (on my machine TM)

This. OP is fagot

>he thinks linux is an operating system
hownew.ru

I tried linux for plebs on my netbook this weekend because the win8 -> win10 -> 1703 installation was getting awfully creaky, but the touchscreen never worked right. I tried a cleanly reinstalled win10 and it's working great now... that's my blog thanks for reading

i unironically installed ubuntu just to use matlab for uni, because the install takes

Butthurt casual user detected. I might need a day to install gentoo, but I'll spend 99% of the next 5 years using it while you'll be scrounging the internet for voodoo fixes to microsoft fucking up your system every other day.

I spent 15 minutes installing Debian (less than windows) and it has worked flawlessly so far.

Job.

Had 0 issues with drivers for linux. Window son the other hand... fml its the worst.

try Fedora. touch screen worked fine for me. Not that I ever use thar feature but it's nice to know that it works

Windows is basically a pad OS.
I can't do the things I am doing on Windows, it doesn't even have the tools I am using nor does it have the clustering abilities I need, so no sorry it can't be used

getting wifi to work on windows is a nightmare. For linux I plugged in my wifi dongle and it just worked

I just use it because I find it comfortable. I can customize things the way I want them to, and I can still use the few pieces of Windows software I need to use (Paint Tool Sai mostly) without dealing with Windows BS.
Only reason to keep Windows around is for certain games, but Linux can run most of my games via wine.
Maybe you should not be an obnoxious fuck and keep using whatever OS you prefer

just installed win10, windows defender is using up my entire cpu (some old i5)
I can't do anything, guess I'll have tk registry disable this meme, my fav meme is definitely fighting my own os.
oh i guess I'll also have to install lots of meme shit to get rid of telemetry man the windows experience is really great.

>Linux
>Installing drivers

> tfw you post Linux memes from 12 years ago and pretend it's still true today

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

There's nothing to install, because Linux has no drivers to speak of.

Bait, but
>hunting for drivers
Really?? Isn't that true just for some specific older or Nvidia graphics cards and only if you want gaming performance? And all reasonable distros have the proprietary drivers installable via a package manager.

I agree that Linux is pretty trash from a "mainstream desktop OS" point of view, but you picked the wrong points to argue about.

???
I've had none of these problems and I've been using arch for exactly a year. I was completely new and I learned to use my OS. By familiarizing myself with my OS, I have a greater degree of mastery over it. Besides, tweaking linux is easier than windows. On windows, to tweak some obscure shit you have to dig into the regeditor and pray that your hex values are correct. On linux, you just find the conifg and write what you want.

sorry we don't have drivers for the rgb lights on your gaymer keyboard

Gurudev S Kallahally a shit

Ive used Linux for years and have not once ever had to find drivers for a single thing. Fuck off

Stay mad you dumb subhuman, drink cow piss.

As usual. First response is the best one.
Best reason anyone could provide.

I enjoy owning the software I use on my computer instead of being cucked by microsoft.

Every bit of hardware I have tried out has worked out of the box... Maybe I just got lucky?

Pretty sure this is bait :P

But it took me 10 minutes to install Lubuntu, haven't looked for any drivers. Use it on my older laptop as it runs like lightning compared to windows since it's so lightweight. 6 months with it haven't faced any problems whatsoever. Use it for web development and browsing shit.

Helps keep me from going on games too.

>90's/early 2000's arguments against Linux

funny 'cause these are now the arguments against *BSD, especially OpenBD

There are two arguments agains OpenBSD. It's slow as fuck. Limiting ram usage when there is free ram by default is retarded.

implying there isn't CKB for corsair gaming rgb keyboards

>Maybe you should not be an obnoxious fuck and keep using whatever OS you prefer
GNU/Baby upset about differing opinions?

And it's creator is a tranny fucker

And Ethernet drivers.

Your infographic is only true if you're a brainlet using Arch.
>Put CD in
>Wait for it to start up and prompt me to install
>Wildly click next until I have to wait
>Open default web browser on the live CD and shitpost, watch YouTube, or fap until OS is done installing.
>Even before I'm done installing the OS, I've already spent more time using it than I have installing it.

>Time spent hunting for drivers
0 time spent. Monolithic kernels contain all the drivers I need, unlike Windows, where I have to install them with a disk that comes with the hardware.

oh, so he posts in Sup Forums trap threads?

>drivers

>Maybe I just got lucky?
Yes.

Winblowsretards think you have to manually install drivers on Linux.

If you can't get wifi to work with win10 your weak or you have your bluetooth on and its interference to your WIFI card.

Funny you say this, just got a 2009 MacBook off of Craigslist for $30. Has El Capitan on it but I might downgrade it for better performance

Aside from the fact that Linux is dominating nearly every market possible except home computing, you have fallen for memes.
You also believe that Linux is a "server OS", that is wrong, Linux was intended to be a desktop OS and morphed into a general purpose OS.

Installing Linux (including drivers) is just as easy as installing Windows. The Ubuntu install is functionally the same.

On the topic of drivers, Linux will very soon have better driver support then Windows 7, as M$ already anounced that it will not support new intel processors with Win 7.

You can install gentoo with any lightweight wm like i3 or window maker in an hour or 2.

>hunting for drivers

There are lots of reasons why this excellent server and embedded applications OS is fucking terrible on the desktop (not least of which is how the developers of the desktop environments wouldn't know innovation if it hit them in the face and just make shitty clones of Windows 7 and MacOS Tiger) but unless you're still in 1995 and using dial up Winmodems, the driver argument is most definitely not one of them.

Having to constantly compile software does not sound like fun.

> tfw you recognize your father in an ironic meme on a taiwanese marble sculpturing imageboard

> Linux is dominating nearly every market possible except home computing
but that's the most important market

Do you have the source or fork for that?
I can't get my baits to work.

What are you talking about?
Home computing is becoming irrelevant by the minute, do you know what a smartphone is?
Mobile is an extremely important market and Linux is completely dominating that.

And on the business side of things (much more important for the world in general) Linux is also very well represented.

>Install Linux Mint
>Click "yes I want drivers" button
>It even knows how to deal with shitty nvidia optimus these days with one fucking click
>Everything works out of the box, you don't even need to touch a command line anymore

The linux is a time sink meme has never been deader.

business is important when there is a customer that connects to it on the other side. and linux on mobile is far from what it is as a home OS

Not him but id rather use my desktop or laptop over a phone

Here have this much better chart using free as in freedom software.

For most distros. There's a few that go the extra mile for the sake of "control". But everyone else interested just has to make a live cd/usb and have an internet connection.

Windows is installing updates

And it's not even updating everything, just windows. All the programs you have to do yourself like some retard.

Well, unless you get trolled into obeying the "install gentoo" meme. Then you'll hate Linux for the rest of your days.

What are you even trying to say?
Business is always important whether a customer connects to it or not.

And just because Linux on mobile is different in some ways that does not mean anything at all. It is a general purpose OS and completely dominating the market.

I just think that at this point Linux Mint feels like an actual consumer OS for normal people, if you like doing everything manually there are plenty of other distros out there.

Looks like you mixed up Linux and Windows in your picture there.

>that you're forcing on yourself on the desktop
Oh no, I'm only using it for servers. Why would you put RHEL on a desktop?

>Home computing is becoming irrelevant

I doubt phones would take over is what im saying, and home computing is still a good market

nah sometimes win10 just gets it knickers in a twist with older wifi cards and the laptop switches to turn them off.
It just sticks to off no matter what - win10 wifi a shit.

They had it pretty much perfect with 7, then fucked it with8/8.1 and made it worse with 10.

my desktop is ubuntu linux.
my phone is jolla sailfish os.
I can literally backup whatsapp archive (including pic/vid/files) using rsync.

no drivers needed.

how can you do it with apple faggos or microsoft winfags?

I keep seeing this spammed yet never see proof

Thats because its retarded and no one cares

using windows is unethical

No, it's because it's worthless FUD, it's probably the same guy that goes full sperg about those nonexistent backdoors.

Updated your chart to represent current release of Manjaro Linux

OS X has rsync as well

I don't think I've manually installed drivers in gahnnoo plus loonicks in about eight years.

>I don't think I've manually installed drivers in gahnnoo plus loonicks in about eight years.
So nothing connected apart from keyboard, eh?

>hunting for drivers
what drivers you fucking retard

Slight kek user. Too many buzzwords though, it's a little absurd but still ok for slight chuckles. The image is especially retarded and is what got me your attention. Have a (You).

I reinstalled Sunday night. I had all my shit installed, all the bullshit removed, and everything configured in under two hours, no drivers necessary.

>image
I don't even. To quote the intelposter: "You're not funny." Even net installations take less time than windows. Almost everything works out of the box, so you don't even need to pay attention to drivers.

install gentoo

Spicy.

Plus if there's one thing in Linux that's really helpful towards noobs is that everything they'll need can be found in the repositories, if we're talking about those desktop-user friendly distros.

Most drivers are bundled with the kernel itself, and most distros have most of it enabled by default.
The only shit that usually needs separate drivers are GPUs, and most that that shit is just handled by mesa anyway.

>no use other than hosting web servers more securely than Windows

yeah that is a pretty small part of the global economy I guess.

this