Who would go so far as to spend $800 on a CPU to not get the biggest and the greatest...

Who would go so far as to spend $800 on a CPU to not get the biggest and the greatest, but just a puny 12 core cut down version? Is 1920x the most pointless CPU ever made?

not as pointless as your existance op.

unwarranted rudeness

the AMD Geode existed tho

I expect a price drop on the 1920X within a month or two.

Well it has slightly higher baseclock.

I don't really need more than 8 cores, but I do need that quad channel memory bandwidth, so that might be the best option.

there are never enough cores

I've considered thread ripper to replace my 2600k.
I would definitely spend an extra $200 for 8 more threads.
I have a feeling prices will drop $200-300 as time goes on.

>Who would go so far as to spend $800 on a CPU to not get the biggest and the greatest
Every single person that bought X58/X79/X99

It's basically two 1600x chips with better boost clock on one die. I'd expect it to drop in price once AMD starts cranking them out in large quantity.

Amd sells few Ryzen 7 and many Ryzen 5, Ryzen 3 will be big,amd want best dies to sell high margin inside cheap cut version, this make put price high 1920X in couple months 1920X will cost 550 to 600 USD

Not with Napalm Lake being released.

one package, 2 dies

Are the caches and memory controller also cut down?

1920X is a little more expensive per core, but how do 4 1920X's compare to 3 1950X's? (both 48 cores total).

no, quad channel with 32MB L3 on both

>You could literally run Windows 3.1 entirely off cache
What a time to be alive

Then I think 1920X is the better deal.

Are there Linux distros that fit in 32MB?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

The 3 1950x, with 4 1920 you have 1 more computer to buy motherboard, ram, psu and hdd for.

Fpbp

Hey at least Vega is bad at gaymen.
AMD only kills Intel this year.

Won't that mean more I/O for the 1920X? Not for free, obviously, but it might be preferable in some scenarios.

>having a PC with no storage at all
Fucking awesome.

>tfw have to Just Waitâ„¢ even more.
I hate my life