California Appreciation Thread

To celebrate us becoming the 6th largest economy in the world (surpassing France), I thought it would be a good idea to have a California appreciation thread. Why do you like California? Why do you want to move here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oi2QYxtDb18?list=RDoi2QYxtDb18
latimes.com/newsletters/la-me-essential-california-20160701-snap-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ODICO-HV_m8
youtube.com/watch?v=8DFHyxlJdn0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Delete this! I'm not ready for everyone to bully us again.

Not again, we already know people's opinion of California. Fuck off

Why would anyone want to live in California when it's the most expensive state to live in let alone a water shortage?

Goatiformia is the goat state, a literal heaven surrounded by orcish shitholes. And literal who flyover "states" hate cali only cuz they're jelly

FREE CALIFORNIA, YOU AMERICAN SCUM.

>he worries about cost of living

lol what are you, some kind of balkanfag?

people bully places they envy the most. and places that are extremely shitty. you're somehow both depending on the situation and exact location. difficult to shit talk a state bigger than some countries

Poorfag detected

Cool bear there. Not enough heads though.

>California appreciation thread
I love you guys!
You were great in Fallout new vegas!!

Saw a tarantula hawk wasp a couple days ago. Cazador in that game.

Free it from what? This isn't some shitty european peninsula we're talking about here.

dude, you live in a state that's constantly under verbal assault by morons that have never even been there. don't be a moron assaulting places you've never even been in.

California is the best state

reminder that california posters are either numales or chicanos

subhumans that don't deserve to live

California may as well not even be American; you're basically losing you're right to defend any semblance of anything you love.

Maybe y'all could join the EU and fill the UK's spot.

lol kill yourself redneck Sup Forumstard, you'll never live in a developped state

Kek

ok

I find it ironic that the state most associated with freedom and opportunity has a deficiency of both.

Why are you so butthurt?

this is almost always the case though. california, right? the revenue from silicon valley companies, hollywood, international interest spots like Caltech, tourism, real estate in high priced areas like malibu, and so, on, is basically incalculable compared to most states except what, new york? same in england. everyone in england who doesn't live in London hates London. without the GDP of London, englel would be beyond fucked. it's like these people want a pricey lifestyle then expect major Alpha cities to not have any "niggers" "arabs" "latinos","whatevers". how clueless do you have to be to not get why that's absolutely impossible?

>mfw a non-native talks to me

Memes aside, why does California get so much hate, compared to a state like New York which is very similar?

Mostly because of Hollywood and cancerouse celebrity culture

are you talking about the tabloids?

come on man, "jew york" gets plenty of hate. every republican in recent years has used it as a focal point for the doom of america

Fuck off we're full.
T. SoCal/BestCal

California is just the most vocal I think. They're even more likely than New York to pass pants-on-head liberal legislation, and the glorification of the young and progressive lifestyle over the past decades has stigmatized it currently as the hotspot and birthplace of SJW thought and discourse.

Also the grandiose and blatant wealth, splendor, and stupidity and disregard for lesser people that comes with celebrities and big business

>tfw gonna vote to legalize weed this november

p dank

Please don't, you're going to attract hoards of degenerates. We already have too many

How can you be so rich when you have so many hispanics? Isn't that an oxymoron?

and every dealer is going to vote against it

Slave labor

here's another metric of just how important we are: name a place on earth with a higher concentration of great universities than california. you can't.

stanford=caltech>berkeley>>claremont colleges>>ucla>>usc=ucsd=ucsb etc. etc. and even the shittier end of the school spectrum here trumps the universities of whole regions of the world.

>trumps
nice me.me.

>claremont colleges
>better than the UCs

ah say boy, don't you know those are the u-ni-versities that turn you into cucks and liberals?

true, but the sheer amount of important research that they output totally eclipses that to the point that you literally have no point whatsoever. have you ever even been to any of these schools?

not intentional

Water shortage is a left environmentalist bullshit. We built a desalination plant and can't use it because we already have too much water

i kinda meant as a whole, but fair point.

i was making a joke. but the fact you couldn't tell that even with my deliberately mangled post says something about the state of things today. i have nothing but awe for american unis, only the Golden Triangle comes close

>Wanting to move to a state filled with beaners and hipsters
Topkek, no thank you. The mountains in northern Califorina look nice tho.

i detected the tone of your post after i posted what i did and felt embarrassed and ashamed of being hooked, lined and sinkered.

California used to be great only a few years ago, but uneducated Mexicans ruined it.

I'm sorry USA-senpai, not even deporting them or building a wall will fix the damage that's been done.

F

>only a few years ago
the uneducated Mexicans have always ruined it, it's not like it's been radically changed recently.

>left environmentalist bullshit
you're literally part of the water usage problem with that attitude

It wasn't nearly as dirty back in 2011 or so and there wasn't really a water shortage yet afaik.

Mexicans have been flooding in since the early 90's. California was a very different state back then

it's not necessarily the Mexicans' fault for the water shortage. we have had nearly no rain for years now

water desalination is a truly amazing issue. i was stuck in San Antonio a year ago and they had a "seminar" on the shit, TexasDesal or some shit. What it boils down to is

>one day we will all die of thirst
>why? everyone has desalination technology
>desalination technology is too expensive
>it's too expensive for a government that owns the technology to use the technology?

it's the equivalent of letting the human race die because letting them live will be too expensive for the human race. even though you could just globally declare it costs nothing and use it and the thirsty people wouldn't argue with you.

GODDAMMIT, we have a budget to maintain!

That Swiss-German Sutterer was THIS close to raising the French flag and declaring California for Orleanist France.

Am i the only upset that Europe is getting cucked by BAC(Big American Companies)? its absurd that a sub 40million population can have a bigger economy that some of the worlds historical superpowers

forgot image

historical being the optimal word. for better or for worse, when the brits fucked it up the world changed forever

>implying the subhumans don't bring curses upon the land with their voodoo idols

It's NOTHING like England's relation with London. A lot of that animosity in the UK is because London tends to dominate policy making which affects the rest of the UK.US states don't hold that level of power over each other. Also, there are tons of stable, wealthy regions in the US. You don't see people ragging on the Northeast because of how wealthy it is.

Californians aren't as disliked as the memes would say, but they DO tend to flood into other states with their liberal ideologies, which can be troublesome/ They also shoot up housing prices, sort of like a watered-down Chinese buyer. I'd rather have a Californian than a Chinese buying up housing tho

>You don't see people ragging on the Northeast because of how wealthy it is.

you don't? Really?

what you said about london is fair though, it is basically the city-state of england.

I mean, all regions in the US can mock every other region, but when you come to Sup Forums you don't see a ton of anti-Northeast memes. Maybe it's because we're rich and liberal but act conservatively, whereas Californians are rich and liberal but act liberally.

Outside of Sup Forums, nobody really complains about Californians except nearby states that get flooded with them. Most Americans appreciate that California houses a lot of US economic juggernauts. We might bash on them, but we need them, and they also need us.

but let's be fair here, let's address the Alpha++ Uber-Juggernaut in the room. It's very presence is enough to drag the entire north-east into its gravity.

>but when you come to Sup Forums you don't see a ton of anti-Northeast memes

you always see a ton of anti-new york memes wherever you are. which is sort of my point. people in small cities hate the large cities that drag their asses out of poverty. in croatia, they hate zagreb. in canada i bet they hate toronto. in Australia they hate Sydney. becuae these cities user...they're to blame black people exist...

Flood other states with their liberalism? The only reason the anti-gay-marriage ordinance was put on the ballot in California was Mormon insurgents scuttling out of Utah. The West is full of shits from insignificant, empty prairie wasteland states shambling their asses into California, Colorado, or Texas to fuck people's steer.

The thing about CA is that it's not independent so they get resources from the federal government while the historic superpowers have to pay for them through trade

Ah, I see what you mean.

You're right, the cities do bring in wealth to a region because they house corporations. People in the US tend to hate on cities because of their social characteristics. I don't know how it is in your region of Europe, but almost every major city here has higher levels of crime and higher levels of diversity. California gets mocked for its major cities for social reasons: strong liberalism, strict gun laws, high levels of minorities, high levels of crime, etc. When we hate on Cali it's almost purely for social reasons and not economic ones [or because they spend SO much water on almonds]

KEK

>implying theres a huge abundance of dealers to make a difference

>France
HAHAHAHA

Interesting, I actually did not know this. DESU I was making a lot of those assertions from things I've heard from a lot of Texans/PNWers. They bitch about you guys a LOT so I absorbed it.

Why are the mormons scuttling out of Utah? Didn't they have a war with the government in the 1800s to try and establish a sovereign state? Why are they running to Cali ffs that makes no sense

Another shitty thing is that, especially from what I've seen in America, cities, being so high in population, often sway the state's policies even though the state may be 10,000 times the size of it's city in terms of landmass. NY for example, most of the state is forested and rural with conservative leanings, but cities like Albany, Rochester, and the big apple cuck them out of looser policies that the people living in the rest of the state would be perfectly fine with.

but the landmass doesn't matter. the population of new york state is 19 million. the population of NYC is 9-10 million. NYC SHOULD get a major role in dictating policy

I would like to move there because it seems to be a nice city and nice beaches too. Only thing I am not sure is the people, I don't like fake people.
youtu.be/oi2QYxtDb18?list=RDoi2QYxtDb18

In terms of numbers, sure, but do you honestly think policy enacted by the representation of the masses of NYC would have any care in the world for the interests of those living outside of cities? It's equal, sure, but it's in no way fair.

REMAINERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

But seriously, California used to be great back when it was a bunch of white dudes surfing, starting science universities, and being chill yet industrious. The hispanics made the economy bigger, but at what cost? Having a big economy isn't everything. There's also the wellness of the individuals to be concerned about.

I appreciate that I was raised 3 hours away from any major city

>New York City has been called both the most economically powerful city and the leading financial center of the World. The city is home to the world's two largest stock exchanges by total market capitalization, the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ. Manhattan's real estate market is among the most expensive in the world..New York City's higher education network comprises over 120 colleges and universities, including Columbia University, New York University, and Rockefeller University, which have been ranked among the top 35 in the world. Tourism in New York City brings in hundreds of millions of dollars.

without NYC, you'd be in a situation south side chicago orphans would consider dire. It's fair. look what happened to Illinois when Chicago fucked up, suddenly the state is broke

You have a food juggernaut, and the rural area of California is now populated by farmers instead of infesting the cities like most immigrants do.

They infest the cities too. I'm from Los Angeles and believe me, I know.

The fact that some of them are farmers is great, though.

Good thread, good thread.

Normally I'm iffy towards Cali, but in relation to deep dixie this is entirely accurate.

I grew up in the central valley, where we're about 70-80% Mexican. An a good chunk of the population doesn't even speak English. Agriculture is sustained by Immigrants, but these are usually rural, content almost peasantry.

The biggest and most infuriating thing I come across is that most unemployed hispanics in the city REFUSE to do this work. It's not easy. But it pays based on how much effort and work you put in.

Maybe it's my dad talking. But we should deport people based on how lazy they are

Also are national parks the best in the country IMO

From where do they get the money from if they refuse to do work?

Not. Never looked into it. I always assumed welfare or just a humble retail job. Either way. If you cut social services you remove useless immigration. And you force lazy citizens to work.

fuck, that pic. do you fags ever get depressed you'll never get to see half of what the world has to offer? i've been all over the place for 11 years now non-stop and it still feels like i've just scratched the surface.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
latimes.com/newsletters/la-me-essential-california-20160701-snap-story.html

i appreciate that californian woman are all footsluts and will do sexual posts with their feet on request

youtube.com/watch?v=ODICO-HV_m8

I'm not to sure I get any wonder lust. I've been to a lot of very horrible places (Afghanistan, Spain, Kuwait) and a lot a places I never in my life I would ever go to. But getting trapped in the Kosovo-Serbian border. Beaten up Russian mobsters in Barcelona. Has scared me away from seeing the rest of the world.

Nah, I tend to only pick a few places where I really want to go. Everywhere else I sort of cancel out

>Afghanistan, Spain, Kuwait
>spain

i lol'd

>no water except for inevitable tsunami catastrophe
>literally Mexico
>impending mega quake
>filled with socialites voting themselves into nonexistence
>wildfires, wildfires everywhere
>a literal hasbeen state, everyone young and decent is moving Portland, D.C, Atlanta, Detroit

Californ-who?

Barcelona is a shithole. And will tell anyone, wherever I go that. The people are putrid pieces of shit. There a beggars at every corner. The city is littered with graffiti and trash. There are soda salesmen that sell drugs at night. There are prostitutes at every corner. The only good food is from Paki immigrants.

>all of California is LA meme
That's like saying all of France is just like Paris

>dad is watering our lawn
>old lady neighbor comes and yells at him to stop for some climate change bullshit she saw on the news
>stops watering our lawn
>it looks like dead shit
>planet is saved

thanks for perpetuating this shitty jew climate change shill for the purpose of some shitty banter, Sup Forums.

Oh shit man i thought you were joking. damn, sorry it was shit for you, i loved it

youtube.com/watch?v=8DFHyxlJdn0

I don't know how could anybody survive with just a welfare check?

You can't stop watering the lawn. The lawn is how you compete with the neighbours.

I go to caltech and I'd much rather be at Stanford literally everyone here is an autist