Is there a device for this...

Is there a device for this? Im constantly swapping out the cables for my speakers / headphones at the back of the PC which is a pain. Something to change what the audio is being output to

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Belphemur/SoundSwitch
aliexpress.com/item//32822902803.html
amazon.com/Logitech-980-000382-Z313-Speaker-System/dp/B002HWRZ2K/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_bs_lp_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DMM3RS3DBEA25QKRB92P
amazon.com/Speaker-Headset-Switching-Manhattan-172851/dp/B000K8PH8C/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1501027343&sr=1-7&keywords=audio switch
m.ebay.com/itm/310760796722?_mwBanner=1
amazon.com/Archer-Stereo-Selector-Switch-15-1956A/dp/B00KAKANJ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yest, it's called a splitter.

i see, but is there not one with some form of switch that means both arent outputting at the same time

No, don't listen to the other user. It's an audio switch

this thread fucking sucks op

Just use the front Audio port on your case for your headphones, and connect the speakers to the rear.

The PC will automatically switch to the headphones when they are plugged in, and back to the speakers when they are not.

Or just buy an 3.5mm extension cable so you don't have to fiddle around in the back of the case and can have it somewhere more convenient.

another example why proper punctuation makes a lot of difference

So you have powered speakers or something?

>needing hardware for this
Stop being retarded user
github.com/Belphemur/SoundSwitch

plug into speakers or just switch source in audio manager u pleb

OP you need to plug both in, one via the front, one via the back. I'm going to assume you're on windows so look for a program called Chevolume. It lets you change what audio output a program uses.

let me try and be more specific and why i cant do some more obvious solutions

- headset splits into USB / Mic / Audio about 8 inches from the end, which means they need to be together so I cant plug audio into speaker output headphone jack

putting all 3 into the front would be messy, and the front IO is actually facing away from me then i would have to lean far to plug/unplug the audio

yes

Or any other headphone amp with a line out

Yes, there is.

This isn't a joke, Splatoon2 needs this device for voice chat, since Nintendo doesn't want voice chat in the game code?, so they made a smartphone app for voice chat and a device to mix the two audio sources.

Just use it in reverse.

I think the OP want one audio source to switch from let's say headphones or from speakers, but not both at the same time, with a button to switch to choose what one will reproduce the sound.

I want that too.

Ok forget it, i'm just going to have the headset in the front IO, the speakers in the back, and swap between the two in playback devices settings

just would have liked to have a physical button or switch in arms reach to quickly swap between the two, rather than 4 mouse clicks away

Get some extension cables

Messy but.. Eh

Don' worry, I got ya bro.
But on a serious note, just lok on ebay or amazon for a cheap chinese 2/4ch mixer.

3 clicks even, windows 10 being neat for once

boom
aliexpress.com/item//32822902803.html

4ch, cheap, 12v powered, so you can jury rig it run off your psu.

Not a switch, but now you get the added ability of playing both sources at once, like having music on low while playing a game or someshit with hardware volume controls.

You can make the front panel audio play as a different audio source, and just set certain programs to play to different outputs

This can be done in software....I think. I do it in Windows with HDMI audio to my monitor and my headphones.

What case are you using that doesn't have front headphone and mic sockets?

this is what i wanna know.
Maybe OP has some high quality PCI-E soundcard he wants to use for both headphones and speakers?

6ft 3.5mm extension cable

Even then, I think the sound card would have a header for the case output.

obviously op has a build where no one connected the extra jack to the audio header pins on the mobo

Yes, they streamlined this process nicely. Click speaker icon, click current device, select new device, all w/o leaving tray.

OP, do your powered speakers not have a headphone out that also acts as an amp for them? How do you currently power your headphones?

maybe since that uses 2 different drivers? Say, realtek for headphone or speaker out and some other driver for hdmi?

My Logitech Z313 have a little control thing where I can control the loudspeakers volume and power on.
amazon.com/Logitech-980-000382-Z313-Speaker-System/dp/B002HWRZ2K/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_bs_lp_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DMM3RS3DBEA25QKRB92P

Once the headphones are plugged into the pod the loudspeakers turn off and audio comes out of the headphones only, this sounds exactly like the functionality you want.

I'm sure you can buy something similar to this pod thingy or build one, I opened to bypass it completely and the schematic look really simple.

amazon.com/Speaker-Headset-Switching-Manhattan-172851/dp/B000K8PH8C/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1501027343&sr=1-7&keywords=audio switch

There we go.

the power switch

>front audio

might as well just put mud into your ears

Make one yourself, just need some soldering iron and a switch

Called a Y splitter

What the fuck

The fuck is wrong with front audio?
Is the 18" of wire going to magically degrade the audio because isn't audiophile teir fuck hueg cabling?

use to have a set of klipsch speakers that included a headphone jack in the one speaker.

Missed that u need a switch
m.ebay.com/itm/310760796722?_mwBanner=1

That or get a sound card or mobo which supports front jack headers and use software (Realtek, etc drivers) to swap output between the two output jacks

Any realtek sound card will let you connect a headphone in any socket and just control the output from the windows output devices.
My speakers have this headphone output in there too.

You need a passive AV Switch. They made them back in the analog days as AV input expanders. I have one of these

amazon.com/Archer-Stereo-Selector-Switch-15-1956A/dp/B00KAKANJ8

The device is completely passive so it can also be used to switch an output to multiple inputs instead of multiple outputs to an input. Make sure you get one WITHOUT a power connection so you know it's just a simple switch. Anything that has a power connection can have an amplifier inside, which won't work both ways.

Please tell me you are not serious

I have zero sense of humor. And it would work.

No it wouldn't, retard

It's called an A/B switch foolio

Audio router (pic related) or chevolume. The latter is paid and has a more sleek interace, but a offers a trial. Audiorouter is free and a good alternative, but takes one extra click.

I use it to move audio between devices. So ill send movie audio to the tv, the game im playing to my speakers, and voice chat and music through my headset.

OP get a USB interface/USB headset and studio speakers.

Then download a free program called Audio Router to route your USB sounds to your desired playback device.

I play Spotify through speakers while hearing those sneaky beaky footsteps in my USB headset.

not OP but in the same boat as him -- thank you for this!!