Redpill me on nodeJS

redpill me on nodeJS

it's server-side JS, that should tell you all you need to know about what a fucking AIDS-festooned sin-infested shit-heap it is.

>server-side JS

why would you want this ? Is Java or C# that difficult for normies to learn ?

the only reason I could think that somebody wants this, is that people want shit that doesn't make sense all the time. Some people want to end their own lives. Some people want to chop off their penis and become an asian woman professionally. Java and C# are perfect for mediocre people who want to do server-side operations. I'd suggest picking something less faggoty like Python, Go, or a Lisp if you're doing /wdg/ backend shit.

It's alright

node is pretty decent

>less faggoty
>Python

lol

disgusting and haram reported

I like Flask.

compared to Java and C#? Yeah man. I'm guessing you picked that out because you don't know algol syntax enough to know Go when you see it and I bet and Lisp would just render you incontinent.

>Go
>doesn't have generics
>not a language for faggots

could you be more obvious outing yourself as somebody who doesn't think for themselves and just regurgitates shit they read on Sup Forums ?

post me industry use-case code you've written leveraging generics in a meaningful way to accomplish the task, point on a situation in Go code where generics would alleviate the problem, or go out, and buy yourself some drawstring sweatpants 10x bigger because the ones you have on now are cinching off the flow of fluid in your spinal column.

What's cute trap of programming languages?

what is easily sorting a list of objects of a class you created by just needing to write the compactor function.

I write CL, I completely understand the convenience of loose typing and generics. I'll use CL if I want to perform bizonkers abstractions and functions across my classes. Go on the other hand has decent typing, reflection, and code generation and you're misusing it if you don't leverage these things. I don't use a screw driver for nails and i don't use a hammer for screws is that so hard to understand?

>post me industry use-case code you've written leveraging generics in a meaningful way to accomplish the task
>points out a valid use case for generics
>he responds with autistic sperging

typical go-cuck

Since 7.10 it's almost usable

If it works for your usecases, I'm using it a lot because I do web development and need to do fullstack work. It has some issues with stability and memory sometimes I've been told, but I've never had problems. Keep in mind: No matter what the autistics of Sup Forums want you to think, actually getting shit done is more important then what language you program in.

consider yourself dismissed as a useless faggot unless you actually want to back yourself up lol

t. java pajeet

its better than ruby, PHP, python and god forbid asp.net

It's a business decision

To a manager the idea that their front-end devs can now also write the backend sounds brilliant. No more expensive backend devs

>dat c# and java butthurt

Node is nice for fast webservice development because event-loop and async io.
I mean come on, paypal and netflix use it.

>t. node team lead

I enjoy using JS in the front and back end. I like Go as well although with TS you're halfway there already.

>I enjoy using JS

opinion dismissed

>I mean come on, paypal and netflix use it.

>paypal and netflix make bad decisions. Bad decisions are great!

t. hasn't touched ES6

From a business standpoint, it sometimes is the best tool for the job.

But it wouldn't be anywhere near as popular as it is if the internet didn't run on javascript.

depends on your religion.

If you are Protestant, you're just so wonder bread that things like culture and style are beyond you and it doesn't matter.

If you are Catholic, you're a sinner, and you deserve shitty things like nodejs

if you're a hindu, you're using nodejs because in a previous life you fucked up and now you're writing npm modules as a dalit.

if youre muslim you're using nodejs because you need to embed code client side because the NSA keeps taking down your twitter acccounts

This

I'm full stack dude, java backend is for finance and healthcare usually.

Node is for startups, its a fucking pain to use c#/java when you need to make 18 end points a day.

who cares

>I'm full stack dude
for your own benefit, never say something like that here ever unless you are purposefully trying to call down a litany of verbal abuse against yourself. You are one level of colloquialism from 'devops brah'

Just take pride in what you do and don't bring it up here (thats what I do)

React Native.

t. zuck's little bitch

It's received that poorly here?

It's one of if not the highest paying programming jobs out there currently.

I get the hate on Javascript when it was in its infancy but come on, major banks are using it to power their trading platforms these days.

with the same code I can make iOS and Android apps, so I'm ok being Zucc's bitch

>you're using nodejs because you need to embed code client side
wut

In web development there ARE several legitimate reasons to use Node, like when rendering React/Vue interfaces on the server (to prevent bullshit SPA load times) or for tooling that helps manage front end JavaScript. Doesn't mean you should write the rest of your web application in JS.

>Node is for startups, its a fucking pain to use c#/java when you need to make 18 end points a day.

@GetMapping("/endpoint")
public yourCustomData handle(@RequestBody YourJsonInput input) {

... business logic ...
return data;
}

I genuinely don't see how node could be any more efficient than this

>your business logic

That's kind of the important part. You forgot the hibernate function to pull from the db,or whatever orm you use.

And it's still faster writing js.

Ctrl alt shift g with highlighted text of like 'username, password' returns everything you typed out.

I do miss intellij though but vs code is nice.

>You forgot the hibernate function to pull from the db,or whatever orm you use.

But that's generated for you

>Ctrl alt shift g with highlighted text of like 'username, password' returns everything you typed out.

you mean like an eclipse / intellij template for requestmappings

Fair points.

Didn't know you could generate hibernate transactions, can it take a prepared query and do the rest?

>You forgot the hibernate function to pull from the db,or whatever orm you use.
ORMs suck. Use JOOQ.

In most circumstances you can just provide an interface (just an interface, no implementation) with certain standardized method signatures (i.e. findByAgeOrderByLastnameDesc(Age)) and the queries (which do use prepared statements internally for jdbc at least) as well as actual implementation are generated from that method signature for whatever DB you're using, be that relational or document oriented

Same goes for transactions if you have e.g. a method annotated with @transactional

Though I may be missing your point

Indians loves node.

Scala

Their bad decisions make more money than you do.

so does the KKK, what's your point

You're right. Even the KKK is better than you.

Ok that convinced me you win

You shut your whore mouth

>redpill me on nodeJS
Javascript used to slow down the browser only . Now, you can slow down the server as well.

Sup Forums arguments are the best

I guess the (((jews))) are behind that.

>>Go
>>doesn't have generics
its the C++ memer, every single programming thread in the last 2 years, doesnt have templates, always, lets make everyone think that a language built on a template library is a good thing by memeing it over and over