PLEASE DISABLE YOUR AD BLOCK

>PLEASE DISABLE YOUR AD BLOCK

Why do they do this? It is my right to block your stupid ads.

Also how to bypass without disabling it?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.c2.com/?FalseDichotomy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i bet you only leech torrent

block scrips

I mean they make their money off of the ads and while it is your right to block the ads it's also their right to block their content for people that prevent them from making money

Anti-Adblock Killer by Reek

Development on that stopped so it doesn't work on some sites now. Use ublock protector on chrome.

Most of the time those sites are shit anyway and I just go elsewhere.
Alternatively just hide the element.

People seem to think all you need to do is check the little box in the filters list to use reek ant-adblock killer.
If you click the little info icon to the right.......

>no development
>chrome
>something that isn't or not based off of Ublock Origin

It's their right to make their website however they want it. You can always not open it.

screw them, I'll move on before I turn off my ablocker.

I'm sick of having garbage shoved in my face at every click.

>Please disable ad block

>WHOA WHAT ARE HOSTING COSTS?

I pay $55 a month for a shitty-mediocre connection and I bet 1/2 my bandwidth is used loading shitty ads for crap I don't want.

google says the collect info on me to help me shop ect.
but I have to do these fu*king captchas every post because google doesn't know if I'm a bot

>It is my right to block your stupid ads.
and it is their right to refuse to serve their content to you unless you disable adblock

maybe google has gotten so good it knows what bots want.

with all the ads the Internet should be free even if you use an ad blocker

imagine being at computers

Imagine being so entitled that you think content providers have to give you their content on your terms.

>wouldn't download a gf

And it's also my right to figure out ways to bypass that. And so goes the internet arms race

To add to this post, is there any method that will prevent or halt any attempt by a site to redirect you from the page? I can't seem to find any browser plugins to do this, but it's worth a shot here.

imagine being forced client-side to submit to content provider's rules

You aren't. They just aren't serving you the content.

>run an extension out to my yard, place a giant monitor on my front lawn, run it 24/7
>you should pay me now or let me put banners over your windshield because muh costs

>implying that is even remotely like this situation

You go to their website specifically to view the content. An actual analogy would be requiring adherence to to set of rules before someone can enter a free movie screening.

Dont be autistic.
No one wants to look at your shitty house. Even if you wanted to do this, what business would advertise on your shithole property?

On the other hand, these sites host stories or articles that people specifically seek out and want to see.

Therefore they advertise to make some $ in exchange for serving content

I thinkthe users are the content and they get nothing.

seem the "Internet providers" cost the most and produce the least. just run some bank owned servers and sell subscriptions

Sure if the screening is done in your own home with nobody making sure you adhere.

Oh wait unenforceable contracts like that hold no water and the actions I take in private can't be explicitly influenced by some content provider. It's up to them to figure it out or fuck off because I'm just not going to agree to the terms and access the content anyway.

hahaa!!! upboated mu dud

That is how trading works.

I have something you want
>video content

You have something I want
>ad views

If you are not willing to give me ad revenue, I will not give you the content. If I am not willing to give you content, then you will not give me ad revenue. We will both go to different sources for what we want.

Do have no idea of basic human trading?

Sure, give me that video content, serve me up the whole page and once it's on my computer I'll selectively run the code that I want to run since at that point it's on, well, my computer.

research/development even the infrastructure is taxpayer funded.

and then they gouge you for whatever the market will bare

If they have the ability to stop you from viewing it on, well, your computer if you don't comply, why shouldn't they?

It's completely within their right to do so, just don't make it sound like this is some kind of basic human interaction like trading physical goods.

I can agree to nothing, ping a server somewhere, and pick apart what was returned to me at my will. If it plays a video I wanna see, great! If not, I'll find it somewhere else.

It's not remotely like this situation, it's exactly like this situation. You thought it would be a good idea to set up a website, server, and host content, of your own volition. And you also thought you could make some shekels with this great idea shilling bullshit you have no affinity for or relation to. I think your idea is a terrible one. I also think you're a worthless piece of shit and while you're sleeping I'm stealing your television.
>Therefore they advertise to make some $
Sounds like their problem, not mine. Drug dealers sell drugs to make some $, and everybody loves drugs. No one likes advertising.

This is pure gold.

You not viewing their content seems like your problem, not theirs.

>popup goes full screen
>alt f4 or ctrl + w dont work
>popup keeps trying to get me to click something
>install this extension to close this page
india needs to be nuked

"Don't mind me, I'm just using an Ad blocker to avoid supporting your content"

No, user. I already traded my cash for internets with my provider. That's how trading works. I have no contract with you, written or otherwise. I have absolutely no legal, moral, or ethical obligation to you whatsoever. If your content was worth anything I would pay you for it directly, not some middlejew. But it's not. You have nothing of value to offer. Which is why you resort to being someone else's salesperson. You made that decision.

Yeah this is exactly it. Pinging a server and recording its response is not an implicit contract signature, and that's really the end of it.

LMFAOOOOO
Meanwhile, I am viewing their content. And they're still not getting any ad revenue from me. Feels pretty good tbqhf
>acting like there isn't already an oversaturation of bs content literally everywhere
>acting like """""""content""""""" """""'providers"""""" aren't a dime a dozen, if you'll pardon the expression

Who said anything about a contract? What this thread is about is anguish from users that content providers are largely blocking people who don't adhere to their guidelines.

Also the value that they offer you is the content that you are trying to view from their website. The reason you don't pay for it is that these people have put in the effort to make the content available without an out of pocket cost to the consumer.

Please disable your ads, capitalist scumbag.

>I am viewing their content
That you're complaining says you're not.

>these people put in the effort
/discussion
>open hot dog stand
>fails miserably
>why won't anyone buy my hotdogs!
You sound like the entitled one. First of all you are not selling content, you are providing it, out of your own pocket. You then turn around and try to make up this loss by, and even profit from, selling space on your website to just about anyone who will pay you for it, with no control over it or any other connection to it. And you think this is a feasible trade? Kek. You won't get sympathy or a dime from me, you bum. Hookers and drug-dealers get more respect from me than you. They are actually providing goods and services to people. You're a nuisance. Like crabs for the internet.

>they think annoying the fuck out of me and interrupting the content I want will make me want to purchase their products.

I don't understand this.

they arent trying to get you to buy the product, they are trying to force you to see the ads / click em so they can get money

If you don't consider it a feasible trade, and cannot avert it, then don't visit the website. It is as simple as that.

Ads inform you of their product. You can't want what you don't know.

Fkn this. It's a mystery how this bubble hasn't popped yet. I mean, even by the unwashed, adblockless masses, how many fuckin people are clicking that shit? And how many of those are actually purchasing anything?? I see some people actually saying they like having "suggested results", I don't know man, I wouldn't buy shit from something that said sponsored content. Then again I haven't seen ads online in years, all praises to gorhill and those who came before

wiki.c2.com/?FalseDichotomy

friendly reminder that complaining is always a third valid option

>Don't mind me, I'm just using an Ad blocker to prevent any malware from you.

> It is my right to block your stupid ads.
And it's their right to block you if you exercise that right.

Or
C. Adblocker
your move, jew

How does complaining change anything?

The website has no incentive to remove ads because they lose money. They gain nothing from page views with no revenue. No matter how much you complain, nothing will change about the website you want to visit. You have nothing to leverage since you weren't going to visit anyway

Complaining is not a logical option that is a solution to the stated issue.

Also, when complaining, are you not either visiting the website or not? How is my statement a false dichotomy when there can be no other state of interaction on a website. You either visit it or you don't, regardless of whether or not you complain. There is no superposition of web browsing.

>If you don't consider it a feasible trade, and cannot avert it
>cannot avert it
Your move illiterate mongoloid.

>
>You can't want what you don't know.
Jewdi mind trick in full effect.
>Sooo thirsty. If only I knew what a drink was! Stupid, stupid, me, the consumer.
I want you to turn on your TV and find some advertising. Shouldn't be hard, it's everywhere, just like here except you can't block it. Now count how many ads you see. Of those number of commercials, how many
>informed you of their product?

>cannot

Would you tell a black man in the 50's not to complain?

Turns out complaining does change stuff every now and then.

>he doesn't understand conditional statements
If you can avert it (adblocker), then the condition that you cannot avert is false, thus you should visit the website.

>arguing semantics
>literally

When I was a kid I could tell you ever car model by every major manufacturer. I even knew most of their trim levels.
I now haven't watched commercial television in maybe 7 or 8 years and have no fucking clue what's out there if it wasn't on an old Top Gear episode. (Which would be advertising in show format)

It's basically an arms race of VCs throwing money at ever more invasive data mining until they realize internet ads are always going to suck and the bubble collapses in the span of a few weeks.

just provide people with a plain text only version of the content if they run adblock

There's your problem. A world where the consumer has no real responsibility or choice over what he or she consumes. This is not free market. For an economy to have long-term sustainability, the supplier should meet the demands, not create them.

A website begging you to disable your ad-blocker is a garbage website not worth visiting anyway.

They are, moron. You just don't know necessarily know what you want until you're informed it's available. You may not even know then, only after you see everyone else using one.

>until I am informed it's available
Hurrr thanks for the feels Coca Cola
>You may not even know then, only after you see everyone else using one
Oh, so you're an applefag. Why didn't you just say so

what's the difference. if anything plain text is better because it's more to the point.

You think you know what you want before it exists? Why haven't you invented the next big thing then?

I'll consider it as soon as ad networks stop serving malware

I have. You just know about it yet.

Rather proving the need for ads.

I prefer word of mouth

Which is advertising.

Yeah and it seems like you're losing the arms race lol

9/10 anons recommend it

>site asks to disable ad block
>fullscreen false virus warning message

Never again.

cool suit wud buy

>If you are not willing to give me ad revenue, I will not give you the content. If I am not willing to give you content, then you will not give me ad revenue. We will both go to different sources for what we want.

Lololol then go why are you crying here

Not my problem if you can't ensure that I watch your ads

tree arms

>website goes on to claim they had no idea they were hosting malicious ads

You're the one crying.

Yet this is the internet, looking at a page shouldn't really be seen as buying something from the website owner

You wanting it for free doesn't mean it's for sale at that price.

How do i know what i'm buying if i haven't seen it yet?

>If you are not willing to give me ad revenue, I will not give you the content
or i can just cut out your anti-adblock shite with inspect element/block ad hosts on the router level and still get your content.

You traveled to the site so you obviously already know you wanted to look.

I'm not wanting it for free, you're giving it to me for free and hoping you will get ad revenue from me for free. Neither is implicit. The only thing you're selling is ad space. And sorry, but I'm not a marketing firm. I'm just a dog hitting numbers on a keyboard.

i'm not even blocking ads specifically, just scripts and external content (aka cross site request forgery).

if it's not free, the solution is easy: use a paywall. if you don't, it means your offer is for free.

>you're giving it to me for free
Then why are you in here crying that that's not the case?

>I can't get it for free therefore it's free

>PLEASE DISABLE YOUR ADBLOCK
I'm not the one crying. Pleading, even.

Or there's no other tangible way to sell their content i suppose

They should do product placement in everything and be done with it.