Kaspersky AV will be free-to-use

Will you download this Putin botnet?

eugene.kaspersky.com/2017/07/25/kl-av-for-free-secure-the-whole-world-will-be/

Other urls found in this thread:

majorgeeks.com/files/details/kaspersky_free.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>since the big-data-bases will have more numbers to work with to better hone the machine learning.

So, they want to have a botnet too.

They are good at what they do, but I guess that's what happens when you're working with the GRU

ITT: CTR shills

Yes because fuck paying for AV.

Install a piece of Russia forever. Muhahaha!

Sorry Kaspersky! You shoulda done ten years ago the moment AVG went full potato after v6

>Kaspersky Free
More like Kaspersky WRYYYYYYYYYY

BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T

All will be put on the bottle

All AV is botnet.

Hey it doesn't need a signup. That's cool.

ClamWin isn't

>Free

I'll give it the Russians, they know how to do AV right (whomever smelt it dealt it?). Dr.Web is probably the best bootable AV rescue software I've used.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Eugene thinks that there should be some form of universal online identification, so no.

> In a more recent Slashdot interview Kaspersky said the internet should be divided into three zones: a red zone for voting, online banking, and other "critical transactions" that would require an internet ID; a grey zone that may only require verification of age to access the site, but not identity; and a green zone for blogs, news, and "everything related to your freedom of speech." He proposes "special proxies" for red zone websites that allow disclosure of the user's identity only in the case of suspected malfeasance.[34]

You have it wrong.

>wikipedia
Yeah, I verified with that same paragraph before I posted, but I'm not wrong. Requiring an authenticated ID for anything online outside of a single service is asking for trouble. As far as voting, you'd have to be pretty stupid to support any form of online voting.

Ain't, not is.

TANSTAAFL

Oh, okay. Thanks.

But Ublock and NoScript is already free.

>only using browser add-ons
>not having extra security from browser exploits
enjoy your wannacry

AV didn't stop wannacry.
The only thing that stopped wannacry was updating windows.

> In our paid-for versions there are many extra features, like: Parental Control, Online Payment Protection, and Secure Connection (VPN), which easily justify the ~$50 for premium protection.
In other words, everything that AV software don't need.

>no firewall
>no process monitoring, just manual analysis

So it's fucking useless just like the others free antivirus.

Well, Putin fucked up. Had he included those, he could've had far more computers as a part of his shiny new botnet.

Yes
Shame I have to wait til October

if you use an antivirus you're a turd

both free and paid

Already running it. Don't have to reset trial each month now, yey. Don't need advanced features.

Tough call. Kaspersky is one of the best rated AVs, but it's too likely a tool for the Russian state - even the US government removed them as an approved vendor. Think I'd rather just go with ESET.

Any annoying popups?

BOTNET CONFIRMED

>Will you download this Putin botnet?

Fuck off you american shit

>not running every program in its own virtual machine

How easy is it to pirate the one with a firewall? Do they still blacklist keys every other day?

Yes but it sucks so much being a botnet would actually be an improvement

This. Does it show ads or pop-ups offering the premium service?

Doesn't look like it
majorgeeks.com/files/details/kaspersky_free.html

So, should I download this or not?

I come here for tech advice with limited knowledge.

proof of botnet?

kaspersky were the first to defeat polymorphic engines

it also means you are probably running windows
now you are a pleb turd

Long live mother russia.

CTR Shills GET OUT. Putin is OUR friend. Lock her up!