Camera General

Discuss everything to with camera technology.

>inb4 /p/
That is one of the slowest boards on Sup Forums. I would like to read replies to my post sometime this week, if I get one at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/2015-Hot-High-Resolution-Scanner-Digital-Converts-Negatives-Slides-Photo-Scan-Film/32549562150.html
amazon.com/Sony-Compact-Interchangeable-Touchscreen-18-55mm/dp/B005IHAIJ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>went to costco to get my 35mm developed
>"sorry we don't do that anymore"
>go to cvs
>have to drop it in an envelope and wait to be called two weeks later to pick it up
>$15 for prints and a cd and you don't even get your negatives back
what has the world come to
I know digital is just as good as film now but it costs thousands to get to that level of fidelity with digital when a you can get a good film camera on ebay for $100
why is everyone abandoning such good tech?

It seems like there is a market for some kind of 35mm color film that can be scanned on a typical home flatbed scanner.

Addendum: by that I mean film which can be developed without a darkroom or needing to be sent off somewhere.

photography is a hobby for bugmen

Is the DSCHX90 any good? looking for a hiking camera so things influencing my choice are
>compact
>zoom
>mini sun proof lens thing (viewfinder?)
>price (under £350)

planning on nature shots and some astro shots also can you turn off metadata in the options is that standard or will I have to strip it myself before uploading and archiving?
also

What're some websites to upload pictures to? the more privacy the better not imgur though

i'll stick my dick in a sony nex sensor if someone tells me how to convert the footage to webm in lonix

FFMPEG

use this

yo hol up fammo, just got distracted

it's a point and shoot with a 7% larger sensor than phones, you will suffer from huge noise problems in low light and taking astro photos would take longer than what's it's worth.

That would be genius because negative scanners are pretty cheap on amazon and skipping the development step would be huge.

Develop the film yourself, it's not that hard.

it's expensive

It almost like thing like that, already exists
aliexpress.com/item/2015-Hot-High-Resolution-Scanner-Digital-Converts-Negatives-Slides-Photo-Scan-Film/32549562150.html

The development itself is not expensive. I'm currently paying less than 0.20€ per roll for bw.
Color costs about 1,50€ when diy, but only 1€ + ~2€ for prints if I give it to the lab.

can you even read

Yea but because I'm not a retard and know how flatbed scanners work, I know it's impossible, what I know is that people have made a simple negative scanner for people like you.

check out this technology

anything better at that size and price point?

that's some fucking technology right there pal

the post you quoted literally said negative scanners

and I gave you link to a negative scanner.

all I could find was DMC-LX100, sensor is 4/3 and it's about 61% larger than your smartphone, it's not as big as APS-C but finding any reasonably priced APS-C camera with zoom is just impossible.

Any entry level DLSR with kit lens can produce good results if you know what you're doing. Also, don't forget the GR.

get this nex 5 is great, the 16-50mm kit lens is great too and you can pick them up turbo cheap

I'm still using a fucking Canon G2 limited combined with vintage Russian lenses I got on eBay

I searched nex 5 on amazon, nothing came up :(

The later models are alpha 6XXX.

I did check GR2 and it seemed more limited than DMC-LX100
>Any entry level DLSR
Well, tried to avoid any DLSR or Mirrorless, amusing point and shoot is desired format.

they are around
amazon.com/Sony-Compact-Interchangeable-Touchscreen-18-55mm/dp/B005IHAIJ8
the a6xxx ones are great too but if you on a budget the nex series are still nice

Film is still greater than Digital

Pajeet detected

The GR has snap focus, but I love the shutterspeed dial of the LX100 and Fuji X.

There are adapters that let you "scan" negatives with dslr.

Yet to find some good chink one.

What's the best small form factor digital camera with full physical controls? I'm thinking of the Lumix LX100.

Fuji X-E series if you want interchangeable lenses.

If I even wanted an entry level one which would I buy considering I know nothing about photography and probably wont even buy one just hypothetically speaking