Why does Sup Forums hate KDE?

Why does Sup Forums hate KDE?

I like it, works well on openSUSE Tumbleweed

Why most people don't like it:
-lots and lots of features, not everyone wants
-buggy on everything not openSUSE
-high memory use (or used to be high)

I loved KDE3.2, but when they forced 4 on us, it was premature and buggy as fuck.

GNOME didn't learn from KDE's history, and repeated the mistake with GNOME3.

It bloated.
It's written in C++ (therefore bloated).
It's slow (because it's bloated).

I'm not really a huge fan of GNOME either. That shit is also bloated, but less so, because they avoid C++.

Too many options. Fa/g/s will say this is bait but I don't need 17 layout buttons in my window. Feel free to include them in a separate sub menu but I don't need every single element to do 5 things

>C++ makes it bloated
It's yet another "I don't understand how linking works" post.

KDE is great. Most people on this board have never tried it outside of a liveCD, or their just spouting meme nonsense they've heard on here.

>waaaah le bloat
>waaaaaah my shitty glorified calculator cant run it
fuck off poorfag

kek
Couldn't of said it any better user.

>Bloat is good
You must be an American.

>bloat isnt good because I have more features
You must be retarded

>more features = bloat
That's not necessarily the case. Not everyone is looking for or needs a lean system.

>He hates customisation and having options.
Do you also not know how to edit a config file?

I'm fine with having tons of customization options as long as the UI doesn't try to present them all at once

I don't hate it, it's just that in my case if I enable compositing everything that's somewhat graphical stutters. So that's videos, browsing and games. And if I disable it, well, I have no cool effects. It's a shitty way of handling things.

I like the desktop a lot and I think it's one of the most modern out there, also really customizable. But yeah, if I were to compare its performance to GNOME with Wayland it's really inferior. And the issue is I don't exactly love GNOME myself.

I hate everything except gnome

It's fat.

Bloated, not simple look, ugly.

It's not as bad as Gnome but it's still bad. It's just big, buggy, and bloated. Jack of all trades and master of none. Gnome is absolute pleb shit though.

I prefer XFCE since it gives me more overhead to run more programs. It does everything I want it to and nothing I don't. It's not as nice looking as KDE but it's extremely fast and just works. I also like the Enlightenment desktop but it doesn't have as many features as XFCE.

>It's written in C++ (therefore bloated).
I actually agree with this. Use something written in C.

Every DE Sup Forums likes looks like shit.

it detects my wacom tablet as a joystick. A fucking joystick. They could call it a gamepad now at least.

Deepin UI is better

unfinished product for more than a decade and devs dare to say they're on the gnome level when they light year behind.

>Use something written in C.
Like GNOME? It's just as bloated but has 0 functionality, kek

I think parts of gnome are written in vala

lxqt will be the true face of qt soon.

It has a bloated gui, too many options
Too many options on terminal don't hurt because you don't see them
And when you need them you do a
foo --help | grep -i bar
grep -i bar ~/.config/foo.conf

In a gui you can't do that and you have to see stupid options all the fucking time
It doesn't help that many of them don't work, and they add memory bloat and bugs

Also KDE feels clunky.
It's hard to describe it but it feels it's constantly repainting and tearing, like an old clunky windows application.

Sup Forums doesnt hate kde
Sup Forums hates gnome

>It's written in C++ (therefore bloated).
Friendly reminder that Linus Torvalds, a competent C programmer and known C++ hater, switched his Subsurface project from C/Gtk to C++/Qt because he couldn't make sense of the steaming pile of hacky shit Gtk is.

buggy
bloated
ugly

he doesn't maintain it anymore

He did at the time of the switch, the only reason for which was his frustration with gtk and its devs.

Sup Forums hates nice things.

Very poor GUI design for starters... no consistency and it looks tacked together at the last minute.

Because it crashes more than other GUIs.

resource intensive buggy piece of shit

this.

Though, Xfce has to be completely dead to make me switch to KDE.

I like it. The retards saying it's resource intensive need to stop living 100 years ago.

I like it. It's pretty much better at every possible way compared to GNOME.

It's like Aqua (which I like, I just hate Apple) but for Linux.

I also like how customizable it is.

I dont hate it, I just like simple software with plane text config files.

kde is pretty good tbqh.
It just has a lot of features I hardly ever use.
>krunner when I rarely alt-f2
>multiple desktops AND multiple activities when I usually only one desktop.
>search indexing, tagging ...

KDE is pretty good desu. I'm still more of a Xfce guy.

i kinda like plasma 5 tho...

previous kde desktops were kinda buggy sometimes but after they did that while plasma 5 rewrite it has been my go to desktop since early 2016.

and it only gets better all the time unlike gnome where the developers take more and more features off the desktop.

looking back this show was pretty retarded

being cucked by red hat