WARNING: Installing the new Kaspersky Free AV connects your browser to their servers

Confirmed with uBlock Origin.

Enjoy your free botnet.

>free antivirus
>antivirus
you deserve this.

Where do I see this window in uBO? I thought that was just a uMatrix thing

I'm not saying russian software isn't botnet-tier, but most AV software does this any time you use their web module. Does Kaspersky free have a web protection module?

Is there a browser protection setting like on Malwarebytes? Try turning that off

My guess is that this has something to do with the SSL Inspection.

The web protection module adds itself to the Trusted Root CAs so it can intercept and proxy any SSL/TLS traffic.

It does that so the AV can scan encrypted information in your browser session that otherwise might not get stopped until it executes on the machine.

That sounds like a MITM / Botnet combo. Fuck that, sorry Russia.

Any fucking moron who installs a fucking AV made by a Russian intelligence front company deserves whatever they get.

It is an intentional MITM so the antimalware engine can scan encrypted browser traffic (rather than waiting until whatever drive-by malware starts writing to disk or executing some browser/plugin exploit).

Pretty much every single AV worth its salt nowadays does SSL/TLS inspection for web browser traffic in this exact same manner.

I have no idea if the AV joins you to the Russian botnet though.

Only person that knows what he's talking about, everyone else is spreading FUD

you need to enable it from here

Don't all free anti antivirus do the same?

Yes

Lets get some sources. Easy enough to lets say compare traffic size over ssl.

Can you post 3rd party scripts? There is an objective way around all this autism

Chrome kek

Besides signatures and heuristics of dangerous culprits, if the root ca includes a locally hosted proxy for inspection, this isn't the demonic autism bearing threat that it is (automatically).

Ungoogled Chromium actually, simply the best.

>since the big-data-bases will have more numbers to work with to better hone the machine learning.

No, they even stated themselves that they are creating a botnet. Where do you think the data that is getting into this databases to train their neural networks is coming from?

it's on firefox actually

no

How did you change your font like that user? It looks thicker and much better.

anyone who was stupid enough to install that FSB malware got what he deserves

probably because of scaling

>not using pic related

ATTENTION NIGGERS YOU CAN REMOVE THIS BY UNCHECKING THIS.

>winblows 10
fucking retard

Fpbp

Linux users do not know this feel of installing a fucking antivirus

Our operating systems are antivirus by MOTHERFUCKING design

So you're saying, all I have to do is fuck my mother (or perhaps yours), and I won't get viruses anymore?

firewall is enough, you dont need antivirus

Disable scan ssl or whatever equivalent it has.
Literal non-issues.

So is it any good? Obviously no company is doing this out of the goodness of their hearts right? It's not just for advertising the paid version right? We're at least going to be datamined right?

not this guy but win7 was pile of shit