Did I make a mistake by doing this?

Did I make a mistake by doing this?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Asus-Q304UA-BBI5T10-2-1-i5-6200U/dp/B01HAQHE3M
businessinsider.com/france-investigate-apple-iphone-ipad-may-cause-egyptair-plane-crash-2017-5
amazon.com/HP-Stream-14-ax010nr-Celeron-Personal/dp/B01JLCKP34/
microcenter.com/product/474706/XPS_15_156_Gaming_Laptop_Computer_-_Silver
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>USB-C to USB Adapter
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FAGGOT

hey, your refurbished laptop is almost 1k more than i paid for my 13.3 inch with an i5 new
amazon.com/Asus-Q304UA-BBI5T10-2-1-i5-6200U/dp/B01HAQHE3M

>dual core
>2017
Hahahahahaha.

>over 1k for a used shitbook

>Official Apple USB-C to USB adapter

Dude, just buy a dual USB-USBC

Hahahahahahaha

> refurbished

yes

Yes, if you want a general ruler to go by:
Never buy Macs
Never buy shitty Apple adapters
Never buy used Macs
Sry but u dun fucked upp

is this real?

Yes.

lol

Enjoy your baked sodomized logic board

That's shitty laptop though

>$19 extension cable with Apple's poor cord quality

Price for a Mac is reasonable I guess, you're indirectly paying for the optimized OS

>used dual core machine
>$1400

Wew lad

1400 for a dualcore

Guess its true you guys really are cucks.

don't listen to them OP

Welcome to the Apple Club, the Club of the successful !

Thanks! I bought it for my uni, majoring in cyber security.

>used v6 car
>$40,000
what's a bmw

Why not a xps 13?

Bmw is a good car.
This is a bad, slow, small and used laptop more expensive than a better new one would cost.

Apple isn't like BMW, Apple is Vertu and Juicero.

>Did I make a mistake by doing this?
Yes. Hope your expectations aren't high.

Unix for the programming and whatnot, Microsoft products for certain school stuff. Was recommended to me by other students in my same major.

Coil while
Shit trackpad
Shit quality control
Shit webcam placement

>majoring in cyber security.
can literally do this with a 5 year old Dell and be just as well off

This too desu

>Unix for the programming
Where did the meme that unix is better for programming came from?

holy fucking shit that tripcode

neck yourself op.

ubuntu is utter shit

First semester of college?

I use Solus and Windows 10 and soon macOS btw.

Yes.

Fuck off, ubuntu is #1 distro

Explain how that's Unix.

>meme
Every library you install can be referenced by the OS without any further explanation from you. So you compiling code is easier.

I'd make the claim about it having package managers, but NuGet makes developing a shit ton easier with Visual Studio. It's about time Microsoft had something like that.

install gentoo

Yeah man you fucked up. People go way over the top with laptops all the time in college and use maybe 1% of it's potential. A cheap asus can pirate your ebooks just as well.

I paid that little more than that for TWO Dell XPS15-9550 last December: i7-6700hq, 16GB RAM, Nvidia 960m, 512GB SSD, 2160p display.

You are fucking retarded and Applel just shoved its dick down your throat.

when you buy apple you buy quality too
its not only the specs...

this.
You really don't need a fancy laptop whatsoever for your major.
Depending on where you are going to school the majority of your course is probably going to be terminology, best practices and scripting. Even on the programming side you dont need a fancy laptop, your not going to be rendering 3d graphics and converting GB's of video.

Why in the fuck would you do something """Pro""" on a laptop?

I bought a Macbook Air from Apple's website (refurbished) and it was $750 and I love it. Great for typing, portable, solid build, even plays Warcraft 3!

What do you need all this power for? Why did you buy cables, did it not come with them? That's some shitty ass shit if true.

>when you buy apple you buy quality too
>its not only the specs...
Exactly. Its not like apple devices are known for spontaneously catching fire or anything.

like samsung

Acer Swift 5 or Lenovo Ideapad 520S?

never compare apple to juicero
juicero is fucking amazing technology and build wise
it´s just a useless product

>$1,400
>refurbished
>dual core

you could buy a fucking phenomenal desktop with that money. nice

none of em, both are utter shit

>Air
why not get a garbage thinkpad with that shite display lmao
with the air you are literally not having the only worthwhile macbook feature

Then what should I get in that price range? Also what's wrong with them?

>inb4 muh thinkpads

tfw op is not a manchild that stay all the time at work playing "games"

>still no argument

Oops...
businessinsider.com/france-investigate-apple-iphone-ipad-may-cause-egyptair-plane-crash-2017-5

>I refute the claim that apple devices catch fire by noting another device which catches fire.
yes, both apple and samsung have devices that catch fire, and they are both indicative of poor product development

Unironically, a good business laptop like a dell latitude, hp elitebook or lenovo thinkpad

they are built to withstand more abuse than the typical consumer laptop

yes

>ITT: people who don't know the difference between used and refurbished and have never bought refurbished from Apple
Any Applefag will tell you to inly buy refurbished
>same warranty as new
>same AppleCare eligibility
>new casing so it looks new
>inspected twice, twice as likely to work oob
>61575061
Yeah, you done fucked up. You should've bought an older rMBP with actual ports and no memebar

>macshit
>any year

Literally worse than Acer.

wow...

you should never buy acer, they are the cheapest plastic bombers out there. hardware might look good on paper but those things dont live longer than 2-3 years.

with ideapads, you are paying for having ((lenovo)) but they are consumer trash

reorganize your priorities for a notebook and then anons might be able to help you

These are all out of my price range though user. And the cheaper ones don't compare at all spec wise.

The problem is that he bought a refurbished 2016 model instead of a 2015 one

God you can get a brand new precision with quad core + Quadro for 1700$

Who would buy this abomination

this

What fuck major?
Fashion? Design? Barista arts?

What the actual fuck? Please explain to me why you paid 1500 dollars for a REFURBISHED computer with an i5?

Well what do you suggest? Because my priority lies with the recommended spec sheet I got sent by my school: 8 gigs of RAM, i5, and an SSD. There are literally no other notebooks that compare spec-wise in that price-range.

>It is Kevin the Solus shill buys 20 dollar extension cord,and a 20, dollar USB c to usb converter.

Never thought you would be so pathetic

Ok now this is bait or brain stroke damaged

I should mention that I live in the netherlands so everything that you think would be in my price range has 21% VAT ontop of it.

jeez user
literally every laptop in the last 6 years has an intel i5 or greater (i7). also i dont think there are any newish notebooks with less than 8gb unless you buy apple.
also, except macbooks, pretty much all notebooks have a replaceable harddrive.
my advice: get any older notebook you like and upgrade ram (if needed) and buy a sdd(if needed).

>also i dont think there are any newish notebooks with less than 8gb unless you buy apple

amazon.com/HP-Stream-14-ax010nr-Celeron-Personal/dp/B01JLCKP34/

that was hard

>

Hahah kankerhomo
Pauper had gewoon een business laptop gekocht hahah

>netbooks
those things still exist?

Terug naar de randstad kankerflikker

>my priority lies with the recommended spec sheet I got sent by my school
Take that shit with a grain of salt. They often don't know what it actually takes to run certain software. Look at the requirements for the heaviest application you'll use and work from there.

>Never buy used Macs
Refurbs are actually great. 99% of the time they look brand new, you get the exact same warranty as a brand new one. Basically like getting a brand new Mac at a discount.

My Macbook Pro is a refurb and I saved a few hundred dollars.

There's nothing wrong with refurbished products as long as they're not chinese

Who pays this much for this trash when you can buy a much better CPU for less

I brought a refurbished Thinkpad t440 for 300$ with i5 and 8 gigs. And it's not shitty like an apple.

im pretty satisfied with it

wish it had a bit more powerful gpu though

I definitely wouldn't have gotten a dual-core, definitely not in the current year.

which school ?
cuz where i was that wad enough 1st year

2nd year much better device

>m-muh n-nederdraad

If you can afford* it, then no, not really.

* Afford meaning pay for it while following the 50/30/20 budgeting rule of thumb. If you just emptied out your savings account to buy this then you're retarded.

an ssd? what school?

>13.3 inch screen
>i5
>$1,439
>forty bucks plus tip so you can charge your laptop and ipod
aahhahahahaaaa

Avans breda. I want something that lasts the entire 4 years though. I treat my stuff with care unlike some of the retards on here who need a fucking tank for some reason.
The SSD was optional "but highly recommended". I do want one though, shit's fast.

The only cords that I've ever had break were apple ipod headphones and ipod USB cable.

>Recommended by other students
Maybe I should work for apple to sell to you retard lemmings. It's obvious that phone and laptop computer branding has nothing to do with the performance as much as the look and feel

YES HAHAHA holy shit

Yes.

microcenter.com/product/474706/XPS_15_156_Gaming_Laptop_Computer_-_Silver

That's a lot of money for an old shitty i5. I hope browsing Facebook is worth it.

Only reason I have a Macbook Air is because someone gave it to me for free. The trackpad is really nice, that's about it. The 1400x900 res is ass and even 2017 Macbook Airs have that res. Mine is a 2013.

Not unless you install gentoo as soon as you get it.

Cyber security, I mentioned it earlier.

Nah, you done well. Personally I am not a fan of the touchbar so glad they still sell one with physical keys.

>mac
yep you fucked up big time, on the order of 1000 shekels easily.

a few hundred off still isn't worth it

This.