My boss called in sick and asked me to conduct an interview for him. How do I make sure this guy isn't a pleb? Fizzbuzz...

My boss called in sick and asked me to conduct an interview for him. How do I make sure this guy isn't a pleb? Fizzbuzz? Ask him to install gentoo?

This is for a webdev position btw.

See his portfolio and truthfully praise and critize it

Make sure you know he isn't throwing buzzwords around and knows what he is talking about lastly make sure he isn't black

You'll be fine

> black

also absolutely no pajeet, chinks might be alright.

statistical genius

What if I don't actually know enough to know if he's bullshitting me?

Just hire someone you like, that's what everyone else does.
They don't give a shit about technical qualifications unless he's the only applicant and this never happens.

To add on to what this user said, ask him to sum all primes under two million.

Doesn't matter which ethnicity he/she is, however. That's called discrimination.

Call the interviewee and rearrange the interview for another day when your boss is around.

Try a few gotcha questions and see how confident he is answering them.

Ask him a classic question like finding if 2 numbers in an array can create a sum in

Ask him to describe a typical day at his current or last job and then you work backwards through his CV. If he's a bullshitter it'll be pretty obvious

Ask him some bullshit easy mode questions and then pull the "What are the purpose of manholes?" Then stare at him unapprovingly for whatever answer. When the interview is over, flip a coin.

Can you post solutions too?

Any examples?
I was thinking of throwing one of those stupid "Google interview" questions like getting shrunk and put in a blender.

Use a sieve to on a 2 million byte array. Iterate through array and see which bytes are still zero. Sum the index of the bytes that are zero.

Ask him what he thinks is biggest is, then after the answer take notes while mumbling "Nooope!"

Here's a simply sieve for summing primes under 2 million. You just pass a boolean array to the first function and then to the second print the output of the second.
public class Primes {
public static void sieve(boolean[] primes) {
long max = (long)(Math.sqrt(primes.length));
for(int i = 2;i

dood don't sweat it get him to talk about his past work experiences, to explain to you what tools he used for waht purpose, what challenged he encontered and how he solved them
ask him what his fav stack is
then ask some basic meme whiteboard programming question to make sure he's not retarded
if you feel extra nice you could ask him if he'd rather make some small asignment project at home to send you later in case whiteboard stuff makes him nervous but then you'd have extra work

Sup Vincent

>I was thinking of throwing one of those stupid "Google interview" questions like getting shrunk and put in a blender.
Those are, in fact, stupid, but you could ask one to see how he reacts.

Can he poo in the loo? Does he have a mug that says male tears? Ask him about intersectionality.

>I was thinking of throwing one of those stupid "Google interview" questions like getting shrunk and put in a blender.

Don't do this for fucks sake. Ask him a basic algorithm problem since he's a web dev don't go too hard on him.

E.g. Get him to write a pathfinder and accept something like BFS

Ask if he uses programming socks

>Can you post solutions too?
>I'm going to be interviewing and potentially giving a man a job based on questions I cant even judge the answers to
Jesus fucking christ.

If he is Indian. Deny him the position. If he is white. Ask him how to install Gentoo.

If you have the questions go from hard to easy, you should be able to make the job look a lot more prestigious than it really is.

OP here
It turns out it was 2 guys back to back!
The first was some bullshitting white guy who mentioned Trump and Russia.
The second was Indian who kept spilling spaghetti but was getting everything correct.

I'm going to recommend the second dude.

Fuck off

>posting bait on an agrarian fishing forum

>Fizzbuzz
>for a webdev position
you're cruel m8 he's a dreamweaver kinda guy

Fuck off loser

>referring to them as indian instead of pajeet
This is how we know it's fake.

Kick it back and give him a good time.
"So. Tell me about the shittiest assignment you ever had."
Then tell him about yours and have a laugh. After this, you can talk honestly, dev to dev with him, and see what sort of person he is. You can ask if he codes in his free time, what projects and why. Ask him to show code he is proud of. then ask him to show code he is not proud of, and ask him why. Probing questions, user. But yeah, this is your only chance to give that man a lifetime of assurance that the other person in the interview is also a decent human being. Best of luck.

fuck you

Take him to a game shop and pick up a board game neither of you has played before. Play the game with him, and discuss how different rules would be implemented as you play. After the game is over, have him whiteboard a particularly interesting rule. If there are no really interesting rules, have him set up the whole state machine (all board games are state machines) and show you how to implement a couple of the states.

You should now have a reasonable rapport with him, and all the information you need about how he learns, how he approaches new problems and if he at least gets the basics of programming. That's all you need to know for a web developer.

What you would've put race before competence?
At the end of the day this person will be sharing my workload, and I'd rather they be able to pull their weight.

Not all indian guys are pajeets my dude.
This guy was pretty on point on new technologies and general logic puzzles.
He also didn't spend like 20 minutes trying to answer simple questions with buzzwords like the first guy. He was visibly shaky though, but so I was on my interview desu.

I like to ask them what they think could be the worst thing to happen at the job and how they'd deal with it

they're racist NEETs why do you think they're jobless?

>"The worst thing that could happen would be that there would be a need of intelligence-minded, passion-proactive employees such as myself. I would deal with it by enacting a paradigm shift to change the nature of the game while keeping the rules the same."
when do i get the job