DEF CON

how many of you neckbears are going? are you going to bring your thinkpads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0QT4YJn7oVI
youtube.com/watch?v=KSWqx8goqSY
youtube.com/watch?v=OD2Wxe4RLeU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Doesn't Gentoo release a new Live CD each time?

>Going outside

Yeah fuck that

>go to a crowded building
>in the summer
>in the desert

I'm bringing my MacBook because I'm not some bandwagoning mouth-breathing retard.

.. i'll just watch the videos :/

good post

eu-fag already here with throwaway thinkpad

im also at the flamingo.

>MacBook
>I'm not some bandwagoning retard

is your AC is also noisy as hell?

You guys have to meet up. It's the law.

Is it now Defcon or Dashcon?

No, because I don't have a ChinkPad.

linecon

nice try, fed

says who? im on the 16th floor.

Rainfurrest!

fyi, lots of lovely traps here. check linx restrooms.

I haven't seen an interesting defcon talk in years.
Did it become too big for it's own good, or did people just grow out of it?
Last I heard they're going the way the rest of the tech industry is going, pandering to transsexuals.

itt we post our fav defcon talks
i'll start
youtube.com/watch?v=0QT4YJn7oVI

youtube.com/watch?v=KSWqx8goqSY

this one felt like one dude from /biz/ suddenly red a law book and started suing everyone

Because breaking shit is a lot harder now.

Nah, not going this year.

Kek.

It's boring as fuck. It's all 'SOCIAL ENGINEERING, I'M SO SMART', and very little analyse data, take apart stuff, new software/hardware, review code.
Once a while, someone with actual training and years of experience, like the US interrogator in one of the defcon, will talk about SE. Very informative.
But for the most part, it's just some girl saying 'I put on baby noise in the background and pretend I'm in a rush and customer service let me change your password! That easy!" Where's the tech? Where's the years of training, experience, and qualifications? You can't go up there and consider yourself equals to the actual engineers who spend months and years reading, reviewing, studying, failing, and redoing until success.
Yes, I am riled up.

If you're reading this in the far future, I just want to say thank you Jason Scott for your archival efforts

youtube.com/watch?v=OD2Wxe4RLeU

i'm going to the restrooms right now... although I'm not sure the pretty girls will like me, as I am a big bear fellow (but very kind hearted)

are you going in there as well? do u wear panties? sorry if I sound like a pervert

Me 2, user.

It went from a chan con to a plebbitcon just like this #, forum, bbs, newsgroup, whatever this fuckshit is

no, i'm not a faggot