Where does Sup Forums learn programming online?

where does Sup Forums learn programming online?
Preferably for free. Despite pic related, I'm serious. I'm tired of hipster websites teaching hipster programming for normies.

Other urls found in this thread:

freegeoip.net/json/google.ca
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Start with chapter one, do every single exercise, then come back and ask again.

I know about the main books, I'm asking online.
also, is that book available for free(legally)?
inb4 the wizard book/SICP

Codeacademy

that's a meme website with meme programming languages. there is no C, and I think not even java. a lot of stuff on javascript... the kind of place I'd rather avoid.

well if you dont want to use the 'hipster' websites your stuck to books or youtube

I'd like to put my variables in her array, if you know what I mean.

ok, fine, including non-hipster/non-normie youtube channels, then

What would you like to do with "programming"?

Stanford open courseware - CS106A followed by 106B at minimum, then branch out. MIT also has good courses on assembly

Is there a website with hundreds of extremely basic challenges in C, for beginners? I am very uncreative and have no use for programming, but I assume I will acquire motivation once I'm actually good at it.

Nenecchi uses C++ any reason I should learn this instead?

Project Euler

OP, just use the SICP. No troll.

I don't, please elaborate.

no she learned C first

If you have to ask OP you shouldn't be programming.

I actually used it for a quick refresher on JavaScript and for learning some jQuery. Had enough basic information for me to sift out the functions I needed at the time.

My university has a library and the ones next door do too and no one chekcs whether you are a student or not.
They have the newest standards for everything in multiple versions always on hand, so i can spend afternoons there and read stuff while drinking my freshly brewed cowfee. Shit's comfy.

As for plebs, go and download some epubs of basic standards and read this shit.

From da street, if u no lern how to code on da stret u r shit 4 brainz man

Look for a building that has a sign on it that reads "Library".

>you will never code with the kolossy
Why even live?

Yea I fucked Kloss in San Diego 2011. So what?

>you will never /ss/ klossy

I'd like to give her public access to my class member

cd ..

SICP is amazingggggg tho.

I work for a major publisher and just order their books for free

MARRY ME KARLY

learncpp.com

I don't learn programming online. I go to community college like a normal person and receive a balanced education. I don't care about the degree. I care about the knowledge that I obtain.

>community college
>balanced education
>"In order to graduate with an associates in computer programming you will need hours in:"
>"Microsoft Project"

Downloading books from "The pirate bay".

>non-hipster/non-normie
are you a newfag?
Your choice of words is rather reddity

*tips*

heheh feels good to be one of les >4cheddit oreganos

: ^ )

>Exposing your privates like a retard.

You deserve whatever's coming.

This is a good perspective and will take you far. Keep your ear to the ground about any good transfer opportunities to a four year university. Community college libraries often don't have the same kind of access to academic journals as a good four year university.

All the usual shit pdfs of books codeacademy lynda and other videos thanks to my work get involved in open source do lots of projects but the secret is persistence.

Begginer here, reading SICP helped a lot. I also read "The C Programming Language" but it's more of a dictionnary than a programming book.

Can someone give me a step by step on how to use an api? I understand the theory behind it but actually implementing it. I don't have the first clue on where to start. I'm trying to use freegeoip. I downloaded go and the project itself but i have no clue how i'm supposed to actually code any of this.

>Can someone give me a step by step on how to use an api?
Say you wrote some code that accepts a number and returns that number +1 and put it in a function. You then call that function multiple times with different numbers. That's pretty basic programing.

Now instead of that function being in your code its in somebody else's code and you call that function by using an API. Basically the same thing, just a few more steps.

freegeoip takes an ip/hostname and returns some info on it (in various formats). You call it by accessing a webpage like freegeoip.net/json/google.ca

This causes the following output
{"ip":"2607:f8b0:4004:80a::2003","country_code":"US","country_name":"United States","region_code":"","region_name":"","city":"","zip_code":"","time_zone":"","latitude":37.751,"longitude":-97.822,"metro_code":0}

Which can be easily parsed by your program. How do you get some web content using your program? Google that. Someone's probably already wrote a library for doing that sort of thing.

>You call it by accessing a webpage like freegeoip.net/json/google.ca
So if I wanted to use this I would have my program go to that address and open the browser, then parse the webpage and then store the values of that object onto variables and then let my program continue running. Websites change all of the time how do I know that the format will stay the same or is it always static?

You wouldn't open a browser, most high level programming languages have inbuilt functions for fetching webpages.
>Websites change all of the time how do I know that the format will stay the same or is it always static?

That's part of the risk in developing your software around an API, APIs change.