/ntr/ - Netrunner official Sup Forums browser

We are making a web browser!
PREVIOUSLY In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome some anons were asking for a Sup Forums's perfect web browser, we collected the most wanted here and plan on continuing with the creation.

To contribute follow the WORK PLAN, join the IRC to ask developers for a repo, and get to programming!

IRC on Rizon: #Sup Forumsnetrunner
IRC guide: pastebin.com/YDbEWRHV

Gitgud: gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
Teknik: git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner
Github: github.com/5yph3r/Netrunner

>TODO:
- Host project at savannah.nongnu.org
- Set bug tracker and mailing list in Savannah.

>WORK PLAN
1. Browse links2 source code (you can use Ctags for tagging functions and files).
2. Expose API and give access to everything (scripting through executables is planned).
3. Give total control over the DOM, put options in files inside a hierarchical folder structure referencing sites and subsites.
4. Implement a link grabber for every link and media type to be parsed by scripts and independent applications.
5. Create an uncomplicated switch to general security profiles located in saved files.
6. Implement ncurses simple tree style graphics for bookmarks, tabs, advanced security policies by site, etc.
7. Work in the framebuffer graphics rendering.
8. Open API to javascript support (version 2.1pre28 of links2 had javascript enabled).
9. Cache, logs, cookies, and other data storage options.
10. Ports routing proxy management.
11. Vim/Emacs modes, dwb hints and quickmarks.
12. Optionally add parser for HTML, DJVU, PDF, epub, etc.?

FEATURES pastebin.com/bnUU6kcu
FAQ pastebin.com/gjp7QmQJ

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/pqewwk.webm
my.mixtape.moe/lzotpv.webm
my.mixtape.moe/hysamb.zip
my.mixtape.moe/iguajs.zip
my.mixtape.moe/xqvpqc.tar.gz
motherfuckingwebsite.com/
comodo.com/home/internet-security/antivirus-for-linux.php
retrotech.eu/netrunner/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I pulled both your Gitgud and Teknik repos to have a look at the code, and I thought it was gonna be messy but you guys chose good conventions, and thats the first step to a good project! The current codebase is clean and easy to navigate.

Is there a Windows dev in yet? that could be interesting to have a win32 version too. (And not too hard I think, since you guys only used xplatform stuff from what I saw).

I think that was the idea from the beginning, it was a bit of a long wait at the start because they were working on the links2 codebase. Not sure if any of the devs got someone working in the windows port but I remember there was a downloadable link some time ago.

Yeah I think they completely dropped the links2 codebase and started from scratch.
Did a "fork" of some kind happen? It went from links2 + C to scratch + C++ (which is a good option too imho)

Do you think they really dropped the links2 codebase? I am not sure, maybe they transform it beyond recognition, there is a lot of code there.

not as much as the links2 source I'm pretty sure. I could run a cloc on both sources but I'm lazy.
And whats the point in rewriting links2 when you can just read it and "re-inplement" parts of it? I'm guessing thats what they are doing

I think I remember a commit saying that they removed links2, now that I think about it

Post pics of netrunner browsing Sup Forums.

Why don't you just fork Firefox?

I would if I was running linux, user (tho I have a mac around, I'll test later if there is a build)

Who ever is making these threads, please get in touch with the team on IRC, pls.

Not one of the devs, but why don't you have a look at the size of Firefox's source code? Its as stupid as saying "Why don't you fork Chromium". Just the build system of those projects is a project on its own.

Sometimes building from scratch is required. Wipe out the old and build the new! Or at least I believe it.

I didn't see one up so I made it. So you really don't know who originally made these threads?

Nice shitty worthless browser you fucking faggot, it's going to fail.

I believe all started with the constant browser threads, we all know about the firefox hate threads so everybody started looking for a better alternative. Everything evolved naturally.

Nobody knows who started the OP, but who cares.

Thank you. The threads provide a lot of motivation.

But yea, everyone on the project I've talked to has claimed they have never made an thread.

Just want to get in touch with some of the original project involved, so we can get the vision.

No windows dev yet. We've had a couple people try to build on windows (VC and Mingw). The code should be work in Windows without much work (though Visual C needs that anime.h converted into a different format).

We never used c.

We never used links2 code.

See pic

Also just attempted to make some videos, but can't get them to 4mb.
my.mixtape.moe/pqewwk.webm
my.mixtape.moe/lzotpv.webm

because Firefox has a lot of crap we don't want or need.

README has all the latest packages
>20170723 binary package my.mixtape.moe/hysamb.zip

this too

Do you have a logo yet

thought you guys died

2nd video converted to low bitrate webm

>NEW FEATURE COMPLETE
Where is your webkit god now
Where is your blink god now
Where is your servo god now
Where is your chrome god now
Where is your vivaldi god now
Where is your firefox god now

chrome shills in suicide watch!

Same here, first time I look at the code too, and it's very familiar to put that way.
Very good start guys

Nuking my box right, but I'll load it up again when I'm done

Only thing stopping a windows build is the step where you generate the font and texture shaders in the makefile which I'll be working on later. Was the VS guy, I'll push a solution & project file when it works

Yea Xcode can't do that either. I was thinking about just including them in the git premade since they rarely change.

I think this is a good idea

We're still taking submissions for branding desu.

it has, there's just a thread that starts every now and then in order to give people a false sense of reality that the project's active

There are binaries on the site.

Some guy collected the copypasta list of requirements. It was a thread where I think some oldfag type guy said he remembers some meme browser being the best meme a few years ago, and asking what was the best meme right now.
Discussion ensued about stuff like qutebrowser and how no browser was really good enough.

Then after the list was compiled and posted there a thread with the same copypasta was made(presumably by the same guy), with a call to action for Sup Forums to make it.
I don't know whether it's mostly the same guy making these /nrg/ threads or not, but at least that's how it all begun.

>literally meme magic brought this into existent
holy fuck

Hey guys have you come up with a logo yet?

why wasn't qutebrowser good enough?

I can think of three possible reasons
>It wasn't made in C89
>It's made in python
>QT

stop larping faggot

The dev needs to work on security features more but I will try it on my laptop because on the distro I am there is not binary and I may need to compile it. Is not the definitive answer like netrunner but looks nice.

best logo coming through

Please keep your website retro looking.

- wibr.me guy

This, we are many who like these kind of feel.

I'll keep that in mind.

The site will be overhauled.

I suppose we are aiming for something between the aesthetics of realtek and 7zip, I'll try to have a high contrast version included.

If that's original. Thats very nice.

I like how you are trying to disassociate netrunner from moonman.

>netrunner general
>/ntr/
>NTR
fucking cucks

Logo?

Poor moon man, he is just a misused figure that the majority won't recognize as negative, and is pretty cool too.

I dig this.

neato, maybe a tint of yellow to the moon man?

never mind i tried it, white is best

Today's OSX release and progress report

20170726 binary package my.mixtape.moe/iguajs.zip

- changed default resolution (still smaller than 720p but bigger than 640x480)
- moved anime girl over, so more content is readable
- set proper scroll min/maxes (so you don't scroll off the page)
- make resizing on match initial layout
- better setDom memory management (cleans up old unused nodes/components)
- ugly hacks to support more URLs
- some comments

Light blue looks good, trust me.

Speaking of sexy, looking good man.

Not material enough, needs drop shadow

>material design

You should make an appimage for netrunner

I second this.

Today's Linux binary package

20170726 binary package my.mixtape.moe/xqvpqc.tar.gz

same changes as

but there's no really weird dependencies or anything complicated to install, it's just extract run at the moment.

Bug:
Status is 200 OK
HTMLParser::Parse - currentNode/parent is null - close tag
Parsed document in: 0.000052 seconds
Could not create window
./cr: line 5: 6619 Segmentation fault ./netrunner motherfuckingwebsite.com/

OpenGL couldn't initialize. I don't know much on linux beyond I think opengl right now requires X11 and associated drivers.

I'm currently using X11 and associated drivers.

>cpp
Dropped.

I don't see any design documentation. Something as complex as a web browser needs to be designed first and programmed second.

TAR BALL WHEN

>UML
Fucking disgusting

chrome is still supreme

>inb4 botnet
>inb4 political sjw

only you autists care about that

That's some home opinion you got there.

Snappack/flatpack when!?

Is your opengl 3.3 or higher?
>Possible errors include GLFW_NOT_INITIALIZED, GLFW_INVALID_ENUM, GLFW_INVALID_VALUE, GLFW_API_UNAVAILABLE, GLFW_VERSION_UNAVAILABLE, GLFW_FORMAT_UNAVAILABLE and GLFW_PLATFORM_ERROR.
I'll make the build tomorrow output the exact error.

it's in the etherpad we have.

Today see good to see you're around, we thought Google had stopped paying you or worse.

right after the appimage

> (You)
>Today see
hjow do I scan it 4 virsues k thx

I know it's only cool to write browser in assembly these days but you got to start somewhere.

Yes, needs to be researched and documented Then peer reviewed and approved by committee. Then standardize by the governing bodies but never ever fucking built.

comodo.com/home/internet-security/antivirus-for-linux.php

Fucking race mixing **KEK**!

He looks slightly out of position

2 rupees have been successfully deposited on your Chrome Shilling Account

But why C++ instead of C?

I think it's mostly python an qt

Plus netrunner is meant to work in the framebuffer too

Why the raped N though
It looks like a really drunk guy tried drawing a fancy typeset N, and failed accordingly

qutebrowser works in the framebuffer (pretty much any Qt application does).

>to do
>everything
wew lad

Why C instead of C++?

I like this a lot

I am not an authority on the subject but many knowledgeable developers blame cpp of being too unmaintainable, prone to suffer more from the mistakes in coding, and iirc not as efficient. And all them praise C, but that is what I see from the comments of professional developers.

You should really get on to dealing with https, currently it just fails with 301 status, then redirects. BUT since you're not dealing with https you try the same thing again and get stuck in a neverending loop of 301

I can't unsee the blue jew

With a goatee?

Just get rid of the anime girl its retarded.

I agree only if he use moon man instead :^)

>fuckton of dependencies
>randomly hangs
>can't handle suspending
>cursor blinks when not in inset mods
>doesn't just werk

>gpl
>gpl3

Enjoy being a cuck

Yeah this will end well.

if you're not a 'cuck' you should make it proprietary.
GPL is like BSD, but only black males can fuck your wife.

k

What's up with the grey bar at the top???

>Written in C++
You niggers better be valgrinding the shit out of this and fuzzing 24/7.

>fucking 24/7
How are they going to get any programming done if they're invloved in a non-stop orgy?

he said fuzzing

Oh shit I'm retarded. Brb kys myself

>Doesn't know how to penetration test

So does it pass acid2 yet?

>retrotech.eu/netrunner/
You are good user, bless

I don't mean to be THAT guy who points out what he sees as "good-start" (for lack of a better term). But, this these threads are incredibly constructive and filled with useful content - relative to other thread topics.

I'll continue to use "retrotech" to represent the project.

I'll be moving all the relevant materials onto a dedicated website. Join the IRC and/or discords to help contribute.