Monitor master race!

Monitor master race!

What kind of monitor do you have? Post pic ir possible and discuss about what is better, aspect ratio vs amount of pixels vs refresh rate

21:9, 16:9 144+hz vs 4k

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/MG278Q-27-Inch-FreeSync-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00ZOO348C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1501126298&sr=8-2&keywords=1440p+144hz+freesync&th=1
rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/input-lag
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Best sub $300 monitor?
ASUS VG8QE?

>vs
do 21:9 4K monitors not exist?

Maybe

I picked up a dell u2515h on ebay for £200 ($250) it has one dead pixel but is the best display I've used as it is 1440p.

>an aspect ratio versus a resolution

that makes as much sense as mouse versus sound card

Why not wait to get a 4k 144? Or are you poor?

>21:9
You stretched it the wrong way faggot, should be 16:10.
>over 75 Hz
It's shit. Colorblind genetic failures need to fuck off.
>4k
You mean 2160p? Because 4k is retarded.

Literally just got an ultra sharp. 25" 1440p.

Do those legs go all the way up?

Actual 4k is pretty awful desu senpai. 2160p (UHD) is great.

I've got 2, they're great

Torn between the Samsung S29E790C 29" and the CFG70 27"

S29 is $250 refurbished and the cfg is $310

Any opinions?

What are the best color settings for it?
No, I cropped my shorts out due to file size limitations.

Fuck no lol.

I have a 5k monitor at work and my coworkers have a curved 1440p monitor iirc.

I would take the curved monitor to be honest. It's much nicer. The 5k monitor is okay but you don't get as much real estate when you scale up to see.

I got a refurbished PG248Q for the same price as that.

I'm using a uhd oled LG b6. It's pretty good but admittedly I only use it for gaymen. Also I only have an R9 fury so 60fps doesn't happen.

widescreen was a mistake

> Which should I go for, larger cache or faster clock speed?

BEEP BOOP INVALID COMPARISON

BOOP BOP RETRIEVING STRING x40008060:
{
"This is an apples to oranges comparison. Type CPUCACHE cannot be converted to type CPUCLOCK without a cast."
}

21:9 are nice for games and video but I would get a 4k for productivity applications.

Nigga you gotta trim dem legs

I'm an Asian man. Shaving legs is gay and costly, bro.

I use a Dell U2005FWP that I found on the side of the road. For the low, low price of free I can ask for nothing more.

Interestingly it has composite input, which I didn't expect to see on a desktop monitor, I tried plugging my PS2 in, but even with 1:1 scaling the experience was a bit awful.

Trim not shave you cheap fuck its like 20 bucks for a trimmer

Why dude. Girls don't mind my legs, so I don't see any reason to indulge in an expensive endeavor.

I have a 4k monitor but I keep it in 1440p because I run it as a 2nd screen off a laptop and my laptop kind of struggles with 4k. I dont have a desktop pc anymore because of reasons, Im planning on building one soon though

why would anyone do this

Thanks user I'll probably do the same.

Just get an ultrasharp if you like IPS panels. They're usually on sale and under 300.

In your guy's opinion, what's the best 1440p 144hz Freesync display? I was looking at the Asus MG279Q
amazon.com/MG278Q-27-Inch-FreeSync-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00ZOO348C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1501126298&sr=8-2&keywords=1440p+144hz+freesync&th=1

>pc gaymen on a TV
This is what "stupid wealth" is like, huh?

Not him, but you don't need to be wealthy to buy a nice pc. I bought a 1.3k desktop using my student grants and scholarships desu

>I bought a 1.3k desktop using my student grants and scholarships desu
That's pretty retarded senpai

My tuition and housing was already paid off at the time. Pls no bully

I was not referring to the pc. I meant having the money to buy a 4k OLED tv and using it for PC gaming. The point I was making was that the OLED tv would have a relatively large input lag and a big advantage of pc gaming vs console is the very small input lag, therefore an expensive TV would only be good for console gaming. It would actually be kind of a waste of money vs a nice 4k monitor.

Good alternative, 25 or 27 inch though?

Anything above 4:3, 17'' at 1024x768 is and has always been a meme.

overwatch doesn't support 21:9 so it's a no go for me

one is an aspect ration and the second is a resolution

Unless you're playing a competitive FPS, which you're not you scrub, it really doesn't matter that much.

25" will probably fit under $300. I'm actually using one right now and the screen looks fucking crisp and there's plenty of space.
I've heard 27" is the sweet spot, but personally I've never seen one

lads i got a question

i got partial colorblindness (trouble seeing shades)
is it better for me to get high end monitor that displays colors more vividly?
or
not bother because i cant really see it anyway?

2x 15" hp ips displays. cost me $300 total. pretty good.

sure that wasn't a typo? 15''? like fuckin laptop displays??

You can get 22in displays off of amazon for like 90 bucks new

whoops. 25"

2 ASUS VG248 running on a 1080. I prefer higher refresh rate and lower response time than higher res, and I got these for $190 each when they were dropping hard on Amazon before being sold out. CPU is a Ryzen 1700.

1024x768

You have a 1080 and decided to get not just one, but two shitty TNs. Nice job.

U2515H is too small. I wish I bought the U2715H instead. I have a U3415W now, but the speakers are shit. I wish it had a slot for the Dell AC511 sound bar like the U2715H/U2515H.

Is gsync a meme? Is 4k a meme? Is 24' too small for 4k? What's better 120+hz or 4k?

Thank you user, I'll probably do 25"

24in isn't too small for 4k if your eyesight is good and you edit text for a living

gsync works well but idk I think it's still more expensive than its worth

I think most people would agree in regards to games 120hz is more noticeable than 4k-- especially at 24in

Any good TN panels to buy that are 27 inches or higher? I hate IPS

>paying extra for an IPS display when you can tweak the settings of a TN and have 0 difference

Why though?

man I'd like that panel, the C7 is down to 21ms from ~28ms [B6] input lag but my main monitor is 5ms.
rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/input-lag

how does OLED have ns response time but end up with xx ms input lag

t. Somone who's never seen an IPS display in his life.

penis

LOL you have a fucking 1080 and decided to settle for inferior monitors. What is your thought process you fruitcake

2x AOC Q2577PWQ

One in portrait mode, one in landscape.

All the tuning in the world won't fix those shitty blacks or shitty viewing angles.

If you can't see the difference between TN and IPS your eyes are absolute and total shit. Even the best TN panels on the market look bad compared to a decent IPS.

why do you scale up?

are you old?

32" IPS 4k Master Race here

I need the vertical real estate (programmer) and hate to scroll.

when are those 4K HDR high refresh rate monitors coming out? ive have the same 60hz 1080p monitor for about 10 years now and if i upgrade to one of those i feel like ill never have to upgrade for a really long time.

i wanted to buy a 144hz 1440p monitor but theyre still so expensive. i would have thought that they would drop in price by now since 4k is all the rage, but theyre still around $700.

>when are those 4K HDR high refresh rate monitors coming out?
Nigger just wait until there's a single card that can actually run that. We barely have a card that manages 1440p 144hz and it costs more than those monitors do. If you're gaming then 1440p 144hz is the only real upgrade at this point that makes sense. Getting a good card to pair with it will give you more than enough mileage while you wait for 4k 144hz to be a thing. Technology like HDR and whatever else you want will be the standard, and more importantly cheap, by then too. There's absolutely no fucking reason to pay an early adopter's premium for that stuff right now.

dell p2414h, play 60hz locked content mostly.

I'd like to see what HDR is all about, mature OLED tech would be nice too. No experience with monitors larger than 24" but I'd imagine I may sit further away to reduce rapid up/down eye movement.

Nice, user.

It actually works well but that Gsync tax is real. It's like $200 for a tiny ass module they put in the monitor.

As other guy said I'm not using it for fps games.

27" is the minimum for 4k. Any smaller and you'll need to use 150%+ scaling which defeats the purpose

21:9 isn't fair in FPS.

BenQ 24" LED XL2420T 1920x1080, 10m:1, 2ms,120Hz and a old acer 20" 1680x1050 60hz monitor.

I have a simple 1080p 144Hz BenQ. Outside of gaymes I do wish I have bought a 60Hz 4k monitor, but oh well.

Gaming with it is nice

my poorfag U2412M crushes your shitty 248s in terms of color reproduction and blacks.

also, 16:10 master race reporting in.

can i lick ur hairy leg

Don't buy into the meme that colors don't matter because you are colorblind.

You have learned to cope with your condition through interpreting colors in a different way, feeding yourself incorrect colors will just cause more incorrect interpretations. Just get a good color accurate monitor.

They are not 4k because of higher resolution? How much is it anyways? 5.5k?

Unless you have a pretty good computer 4k is gonna give you a lot of problems

Lul nice

1x U2515H

but it does

1080p ultrawides are basically extended 16:9, since in movies you get no black bars and you can see more in games. 1440p ultrawides are the same deal when compared to 16:9 1440p.

34"~38" 2160p ultrawides when?

I got the same one, at work right now but it's really fucking nice.

34 ones are already out, all those acer predator and shit are those.

Those are still 3440x1440p though.

The 38" ultrawide is 3840x1600. Not quite 4k

There's a few 3840x1600 monitors, they're still very expensive though.

21:9 convert here.
Recently bought LG 34UM68-P and pretty happy with it.
My next one will be LG 38UC99 (maybe even dual setup with 2 of those).

21:9 is totally worth it!

thanks for the advice friendo

It does but it's too distracting.

About 2.1 million pixels away from 4k.

It's 3.5k

I have an Acer 34" curved 1440x3440 100hz Freesync monitor

2x 4k 24 inch monitors master race.

Yes they are only 60hz, but once the 144hz ones come out early 2018 I will upgrade.