Can someone please explain to me the appeal iPhone has to tech illiterates...

Can someone please explain to me the appeal iPhone has to tech illiterates? People are still lining up to buy the pieces of shit even without a headphone port or they just buy last year's version if they find out.

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3
medium.com/@johnnylin/how-to-make-80-000-per-month-on-the-apple-app-store-bdb943862e88
youtube.com/watch?v=E8PBrhFN35c
imore.com/wheres-imessage-android
9to5mac.com/2016/05/03/piemessage-imessage-open-source-android-app/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a luxury, premium product.

Or rather just apple technology in general since the new macbooks have an awful keyboard and touchpad.

Conspicuous consumption.
See also Veblen goods.

- It's a phone
- It just werks
- Has more useful apps and typically apps are of better quality
- normies don't care for anything more

IPhones are bought mainly because it is seen as a staus symbol. It makes poor stupid people feel rich. The same goes for Samsung phones.

Not really, pic related.

>It's a phone
Like any Android or windows handset

>Just werks
Like any Android or windows handset

>Has more useful apps
Such as? Compared to?

Yes but unlike Apple, Samsung actually makes good looking flagship phone that don't have 60% screen to body ratio and a 720p screen.

I own an iPhone 6.

Ask me anything.

Forgot pic.

Any phone can look as premium as iPhone, if not more so.

Even cheap Redmi phones that go for a tenth the price of an iPhone can look as good.

The only reason I use Android is because I can't afford an iPhone right now.

iTunes on Windows is great, and the phones are solid, simple devices with sure support for at least a few years.

My G4 is awesome, but not as good as an iPhone. Plaina and simple.

>windows handset
So you've really just outed yourself as a autist manchild who has an irrational hatred for Apple...

It still has shitty as TouchWiz though

> little to no malware
> nice screen quality
> waterproof
> nice battery life
> it just werks

I use the iPhone because I don't want a inexpensive phone that offers the most amount of privacy without having to sacrifice the ability to install shit like a banking app. I only use it for that, checking email on the go, and checking the news app. I also use it for Wire, as I have friends that still have a dumb phones and no computers, but have tablets.

That's really all I can think of, and considering Credo (the us phone company that protects your privacy the best, according to EFF) literally gives them away for free (literally no increase to the monthly bill), I ask, "Why not?"

Can you get the fuck off my board?

>Windows phone doesn't "just werk"
I'm going to have to read your own comment back to you.

>Little to no malware
That's actually a true and valid point.

>Nice screen quality
Nah, come back when they've got OLED quality

>Waterproof
Android has had waterproof phones for years.

>Nice battery life
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3 and pic related

>It just werks
I've used apple, Android, and windows phone. I've yet to discover a phone that doesn't "just werk" out the box.

dude android sux. it doesnt show pictures??

>Itunes on Windows is great

Who is girl?

Source? So damn fine

Because only 15% of the population has an IQ of 115 or higher; ie intelligent.

>Itunes on windows is great
Well, there's a first time for everything!

> no software fragmentation
> hardware is supported for a long long fucking time
i have an iPad 3 that is 5 years old, works laggy at times but that's 5 fucking years old.

Dude wtf have you done to your phone.

Also I run androids on my computer and I can view images just fine.

Yeah but most people upgrade their iPhone every year or second year on contract...

Not him, but why wouldn't I?

>Cellphone carrier gives away 32GB models for free with 2 year contract.
>After 2 year, get new phone for free, and reset the phone and sell it on ebay for 200 dollars per phone (2 phones).
>Use money + 20 dollars to pay for 6 months of phone service.

So then there's no point in the long support from apple since the only people keeping the iPhone for so long are middle aged people who don't even go online with it. Same reason my mom still uses her Samsung S2. Everything still works, every time I bring up upgrading she just tells me it's a waste of money.

It's long-term support is why people are willing to pay so much for them in the secondhand market.

They pay 200 bucks for the cell phone that lived in a lifeproof case for 2 years, and still get another 3 years of service via an MNVO that will charge them less than a carrier. Both the seller and the buyer win.

Herd mentality.

Nothing else.

Good marketing.

I have no such deals in my area, so I just rely on long term support.

I am a power user yet I use apple, while there are tons of normie apps there aren't many non-normie apps, for example I don't know if there's a proper Sup Forums app.

It's a status symbol. Normies buy iPhones because they buy for the brand and not the technical specificationa.

The majority of iPhone buyers don't even understand long term support. They're only in it for the fruit logo.

Why are girls so obsessed with iPhones? They care about it more than the car you drive..!

Ok. Well, its why I have an iPhone. I can't justify everyone else, only myself. Free with contract, high resale value due to extended support, and, if configured properly, fewer viruses/malware, and much more private.

s-s-sauce...

I've owned the Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy S7. On S4 TouchWiz was shit. On Galaxy S7 it's not that bad.

Everyone does shit differently man. I just buy a cheap chinkphone every year and pass the old one off to my sister or dad.

Xiaomi and Meizu provide security updates even for their older phones so it's not an issue and by 3 years the phone has been decommissioned. Have to say I'm very impressed with battery life of the new Redmi phones recently though, and each phone is roughly 1/6 - 1/5th the cost of the base model iPhone here.

Well I'm an Android developer and my main driver is an iPhone.
While it's most likely because I'm tired of getting shit from Android in my professional life and don't want that to happen in my personal life the reasons I give when asked are:
-the verification process for iOS apps is better as they check the app before posting it on the store. While this is annoying for a developer it's a nice feeling for me as a consumer.
-security is better on iOS.
-support for updates is generally better. Most Android phones don't get supported for 5 years or thereabouts.
-I like the UI better, which is of course subjective
- imagine I'm browsing the net and I get a call. I try to answer but the phone just locked up. I try to move the button and answer but it doesn't move. I've had this happen on Android, never on iOS

>those hands
>female

Thats a man baby

What Android phone you had?

no that's marketing bs. maybe in the early days that was true but android devices can be every bit as good for half the price

>-the verification process for iOS apps is better as they check the app before posting it on the store. While this is annoying for a developer it's a nice feeling for me as a consumer.
there's still a massive amount of garbage apps and games and there are literal scams

medium.com/@johnnylin/how-to-make-80-000-per-month-on-the-apple-app-store-bdb943862e88

>It's this thread again

I really should save this as pasta…

iOS is shit, but android is even worse. And if you have a live outside of tinkering with your phone, you get fed up with either having to tinker around with your phone all day or with accepting insane defaults and stupid ideas quite fast.

Just take me and my brother for example. I'm a physics PhD and he has an engineering and programming double MSc, and we both have been gamers and PC nerds since the windows 95 days, when you HAD to tinker with your machine to keep up with the current developments. I even remember BUYING Suse Professional 7.something (internet simply wasn't fast enough to download 3 DVD's worth of linux).
I'm now working in research and write my own algorithms and he's a hired gun costing $1000+ per day to fix companies IT systems.
So yeah, we now a thing or two about computers.
But we both use them as means to an end, and not as the end itself. Meaning: shit has got to work.
And android simply is not there.
I have to do tech support for my gf and my brother has to help our parents, and holy shit, is android a piece of illogical, unstable, ugly and downright retarded shit.
Nothing works like you'd expect to, everything breaks and crashes all the time, updates wreck anything resembling a workflow all the time, it's visually inconsistent and most apps are low quality data sucking traps.
Iphones are primitive simpletons and I don't fucking know why they have a whatever-cores CPU, while being less capable than my 500MHz Symbian phone from back in the day, but at least they are save and not annoying.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro looks much better than an iPhone and you can get it for less than $180 now. iPhones are for handlets, if you don't have a 5.5 in screen your phone looks like shit.

Once you go 5.5 in you can't go back.

What is IPhone 7 plus

>iTunes on Windows is great
Wew lad

That said:
Personally, I would prefer Blackberry, but sadly, that's getting less and less usable by the day, as does option number two, windows phone.

800+ dolleridoos

>LTS
That is just another one of Apple's schemes to get you to come back over and over again for the newest device
Pic related

idk i been trying to install youtube but androids retarded

I have a Nexus 5 that is almost 4 years old, battery is crappy and it lags from time to time but it's 4 years old.

Hot guy then.

It's a lot simpler than you think user op

I live in Australia... Everyone I know uses iPhone.. It's just a high quality standard that has spent years dominating the marketplace... Almost as silly starting an argument with someone because they drive a Honda or listen to .mp3

eviscerated. how can iSweaties ever recover?

- imagine I'm browsing the net and I get a call.
>I try to answer but the phone just locked up.
fuck, is this still a problem for Android in 2017?
it's one of the reasons I've stayed away for so long

rest assured that people who get the 7 are actual tech illiterates that would willingly get fucked in the ass just to look good
God, I feel so sorry for those folk...

there are people that look for a phone and nothing more
stuff absent like native file transfer and removable batteries don't bother them as much when they get an infinitely more fluid experience using a phone in general

Only real issue with the rmn3p is the god awful camera.

Zuk Z2 Pro or Mi5s had comparable camera quality to full fledged flagships for less than half the price.

Yeah it's bad, I never use it though because I'm a loser so it's perfect for me.

My Nexus 5 still runs flawlessly after 4 years because it gives me the freedom to fiddle with kernel settings to give me the balance between performance and battery life that I want.

Is it necessary?
No.

Is it nice to have that freedom?
Yes.

Explain why women buy makeup for a retarded amount of money in such a small quantity

Dude just install a better camera app.

Try to find a Google camera apk, takes the best images on my phone but annoyingly video crashes.

There are no Free As In Freedom smartphone OSes that are feasible for daily use, so you're left with two choices. Neither of them are good, but one is better than the other.

One OS is distributed by an advertising/data mining company who has a vested interest in knowing as much about you as possible, written with no particular hardware in mind, not guaranteed to receive updates in the future.

Another OS is written by a hardware company, with their specific hardware in mind. It cannot be unlocked by outside forces (see all the Jamal threads) and the company has publicly stood up to the US federal gov't to protect the privacy of a literal ISIS terrorist.

I'm ok with giving up SD card readers if it means I can have peace of mind. I don't need gigs of anime and motherfucking video games on my phone. It's a phone.

>There are no Free As In Freedom smartphone OSes that are feasible for daily use, so you're left with two choices. Neither of them are good, but one is better than the other.
Fucking this.
It's just the same with about everything in tech. You can't choose between good and bad, it's always just bad and worse.
Sailfish, WP and Blackberry were supposed to save us from this awful duopoly in phone OSs, but see where they got. Which is a shame, because they all have so many great features and ideas (which in turn got stolen from the big ones and turned into shitty copies of themselves), but now we are stuck between a diarrhea and a hard turd.

I still have 3 Android phones for testing and stuff. I mainly used a OnePlus one before switching to iPhone.
That's true. Yet it's better than the ones on the play store

It's the same with the Dr Dre shit and starbucks. Both are, almost objectively due to their prices, inferior compared to their competitors but they have been marketed in such a way that they are fashion and status symbols. People respond to that.

People buy it for the looks, you can get the idea by checking how many chinkphones are desperately trying to copy their designs including big companies like 1+ and huawei

>copy their designs
Xiaomi outright Ctrl+V'd the physical and OS design lol

there's only so much you can do design-wise with a touchscreen smartphone with minimal bezels and standard internal components etc

That doesn't mean brands should go out of their way to copy apple.

Lots of phones don't look like the iPhone...

iPhone 7 user reporting in

Reasons why I personally get them every few years:

>iMessage is honestly really good
I do use a MacBook at work and having to not go on my phone for my messages is also a plus. Aside from that, most of my friends are from other countries with iPhones and it lets me text them for free without the requirement of any extra apps.

>High resale value
Had an iPhone 6 for 2 years, ended up with a 7 Plus earlier this year and resold the iPhone 6 for $350 (was in pristine condition). I also got this phone for around $550 as I do for most iPhones I get

>The phone actually looks really nice
I was never really a huge fan of the majority of Android phones, but some look good too

>No shit malware
I know how to not install garbage applications since I do use Android OS on other technology I have but its nice that my phone is less prone to this crap

>Most productivity apps are actually quite useful

All in all, it really isnt a bad phone. I used to hate Apple for literally no reason 7 years ago but getting the 4 a long time ago did open my eyes to a few nice things about iOS.

I've never seen a piece of Android malware in the 7 years I've owned one.

>Productivity on a phone
>Apps are so much less advanced (see Discord)
>haven't been the camera king for years
>really nice looks
once they removed the antenna lines on the 6 for the 7 it now looks like shit

For me iPhone lost its design appeal after the 5/5s, after that point Android just seemed like the naturally better choice both from an OS and hardware standpoint.

Let's play "Spot the Shill"

>nigger.jpg
Your thread is self explanatory

>Can't read
The fuck is wrong with you? That's clearly not the filename.

it's an image of a nigger and the file extension is .jpg fag

>niggers xddd
wook at me im a big boy now

Green bubbles are not a meme and a lot of people just want girls.

>Obsessed with bubble's
What kind of paedophile chooses to buy a phone just for that?
Disgusting.

t. sjw millennial bernie kid

>bernie kid
america isn't the centre of the world you lardass

>being such a beta fag that you care about idiotic vapid cunts who would care about bubbles, as if you had a chance with them in the first place

> Green bubbles are not a meme
Your picture proves the opposite.

I just did a twitter search just with the term "green bubbles" and holy shit. I never thought this was an issue for people.

Samsung
>I don't have money for iPoo

Why you don't have a job?

no shit, not like I haven't seen this before, it's even worse for android you know.

It's very well advertised and isn't strictly bad. As simple as that.

youtube.com/watch?v=E8PBrhFN35c

christ, they (apple) made it so that the sms app transparently use the net (whatsapp style) to send messages when wifi is available and talking iphone to iphone, all other phones turn up as an unnappealing green color

For me, at first glance it kind of made sense. You would want to know what got sent as sms since some plans don't have unlimited text (good luck finding one that doesn't have one now).

Does anyone with an iPhone know if you can change the color? Not that it really matters since it's green and blue by default.

Why don't you just got an Android app that does blue messages

it's so they make hot chicks with iphones hate people with android or other non iphone..

it's locked down by applel but it seems they're looking into making an official iMessage for android
>I've heard from little birdies that mockups of iMessage for Android have circulated within the company, with varying UI styles ranging from looking like the iOS Messages app to pure Material Design.1 iMessage for Android may never see the light of day, but the existence of detailed mockups strongly suggests that there's no "of course not" to it.
imore.com/wheres-imessage-android

there's this hacky workaround where you have to use your own OS X server
9to5mac.com/2016/05/03/piemessage-imessage-open-source-android-app/

get a different launcher then

S T A T U S
T
A
T
U
S

which females are all about

>Even cheap Redmi phones that go for a tenth the price of an iPhone can look as good.

it's not how good it looks, it's letting people know you can afford to drop a grand on a phone, even if you can't. that's the sad part - nobody believes that kind of peacock display, but idiots still try it.

>tfw people like my phone and automatically assume it's expensive.
>"what phone is that?"
The honor 5x
>"the what? Who makes it"
Wah way(huawei)
>...

Every dam time. At least the first impression is nice but then they're all confused and mystified.

it just works. literally, there is nothing that could go wrong with it and troubleshooting is easy af when something go wrong

when people call in with issues, it's mostly their apple id is disabled because those morons try to game the system and did a charge back through their bank and got their card blacklisted

other than that, it's literally the easiest shit to use and even old people knows how to use it