Boomers & Tech

What are some illogical and/or dumb tech related things baby boomers do?

>always unplug electric appliances when not in use despite them not using any power on standby
>buy a $2500 4K HDR TV to watch 480p TV channels
>buy super thin tech like tablets or phones then put massive thick protective covers on them

>not using any power on standby
Confirmed bait. Or you're just retarded.

>always unplug electric appliances when not in use despite them not using any power on standby
>not using any power on standby

saged

>not convert their kernels to use imperial instead of metric

>buy super thin tech like tablets or phones then put massive thick protective covers on them

I always buy super thin tech like tables or phones and then just let their screens break whenever the slightest force is applied.

fuckit yolo #thuglife

what is he listening to

>unplug
why don't you just switch it off at the wall? don't tell me your wall outlets don't have switches.

>t. pisspoor faggots who want to save $5 a year in electricity for the hassle of reaching behind a TV a total of 700+ times a year

t. fat fuck with spaghetti wiring

Next you're going to tell me your house doesn't have fuses so you must put them behind every outlet which aren't compatible with 20 other European countries' plugs.

Wasn't the point. But some of us live in counties with ridiculous power prices.

no, i'm not going to tell you that because i don't live in europe.

>he unironically lives on the australian continent

>europoors are so poor they have to unplug electronic devices when not using them

Enjoy your caliphate

>>buy super thin tech like tablets or phones then put massive thick protective covers on them
FUCKING THIS. I can appreciate the aesthetics and hand-feel of an iPhone but it's worthless if I can't trust it to not scratch, dent, or crack if I look at it wrong. The daintier the phone, the beefier and brick like the case will have to be.

>not wanting to waste money
>"P-p-poorfag"

not using power on standby != not wanting to waste power. Retard.

This is the current state of Sup Forums.

>stockpiling computers dating back to the mid 90s so they don't lose their pictures

i'm a boomer and i installed and use arch linux

you want a medal?

>>buy super thin tech like tablets or phones then put massive thick protective covers on them
Fucking every time, kek. One of them has this bright blue and orange case on his iPhone, and he took it off just to show me how thin it was.

No, I'm happy with your mother's pussy every night

Why would your kernel need to do that? Isn't it the userspace that does that?
Either way, I need you to give me all the things you used to make that happen because I want a more American computing experience.

>britbong
Our shit doesn't need your extra shit because our systems were designed by intelligent people.

damn grandpa, calm down or were gonna have to start mixing benadryl into your yogurt again

incredible

Brings a tear to my eye

I can buy a game every 12 years, so...

imperial master race

>current year
>still using fuses for domestic circuit protection
What ethiopia teir country are you in?

When you move out of your mom's basement and have to pay for everything yourself maybe you'll understand
Until then, shut the fuck up
Holy shit I can't wait for summer to end

>not protecting your devices

This is the true pleb tier

Don't worry, I just need a couple of beers.

>being so poor that $5 a year is an amount of money you are losing sleep over

You don't get rich writing checks, you fuckwit

Ask any real rich person

>writes checks for $5

Millenials tech = facebook and youpube
That is all
Go away, kids.

wew

>YouTube
>Invented by or filled with 30 year olds

LMAO

Standby uses virtually no energy on most modern appliances. You'll do more damage to your equipment by repeatedly switching on and off. It's not worth the £2.50 in electricity you'll save over a year

is this what Sup Forums has come to?
where the fuck did you come from? 9gag?

it was some wrinkly bastard who's figured out how to work the internet and now comes on thinking he's hot shit because he's the oldest person on Sup Forums

>Buy HD TV
>Watch DVDs with upscaling DVD player.
>Connected via Composite (480i)

EVERY FUCKING TIME

>Gets wireless router.
>Unplugs when not in use.

You're just butthurt because everyone can see how retarded you are.

No, they're all on Sup Forums bitching about liberals and wanting to get cuckolded by Trump.

I'm going to have to say 13 year old on summer break

I don't know, he came off pretty sincere. But fuck if I know

>muh Sup Forums
Go back to cripplechan, plebbit, twitter, facebook or whatever other communist echo chamber you came from. Just because retarded rightwingers aren't welcome that doesn't mean you are either.

calm down boys, everyone here is just as not welcome as everyone else, no need to get all hot and bothered

How's your McJob treating you?

Two thousand, seven hundred forty-nine dollars. Wow.

>despite them not using any power on standby
HA! Try again.

he said electric appliance
not electronic
as in it's a long wire with a switch on it
as in it has no power supply to suck power
dumb fuck

>being so fat you can fit a tablet in your pocket
Wew

Wait, people actually do this?

All boomers in the tech field I know love the big bang theory. Pronounce GUI (gee you eye) as "Gooey". Had a boomer professor that had the Linux penguin as his Gmail icon but obviously didn't use Linux, was a brainlet Spanish guy who was probably just imitating the smart white guys he went to school with.
>In class with the same professor
>I'm an online student
>webcam on the board and the desktop feed can run simultaneously
>For some reason he turns one or the other off when he switched to board from the computer or vice versa
>Every single time
>I tell him he can leave both on because I can just manually adjust The feed sizes from my end
>He doesn't comprehend what I'm trying to tell him
>Classmates do and try to explain to him
>Still makes the same mistakes throughout the course

>americucks are so poor they have to unplug electronic devices when not using them

Enjoy your caliphate

dumb phoneposter

Buy super fast internet to watch YouTube 720p

Buy 2 or 3 year insurance for their $250 device, so they pay $390 in the end.

>>buy a $2500 4K HDR TV to watch 480p TV channels

Or worse, the other way round
Saw this boomer who had been memed into upgrading his satellite box to a 4k-capable one and was paying £££ extra for subscriptions to HD channels despite the box being hooked up to an old CRT

Jesus, Christ this.

More often an average user I deal with say "My PC is 2 years old so I need to upgrade."

> All they do is check their mail and go on FaceBook

Let's be honest burger, you need the exercise.

I have an old man tendency that I'm trying to get over.

I have the habit of turning off portable devices when not in use. The only exception being my tablet as its standby mode has been the most intuitive for me to adjust to.

I have learned recently that I really don't have to shutdown my laptop. That it really doesn't consume any battery to just be put into hibernation and thrown into my laptop bag and then I can just open it up and start using it way faster.

Every single professor and student I've ever interacted with says gooey. But doesn't pronounce UI as ooey.