Why is Discord constantly generating 0.1 mbps network activity? Is it slowly sending all my data to the botnet?

Why is Discord constantly generating 0.1 mbps network activity? Is it slowly sending all my data to the botnet?

probably the new screensharing feature ;)

Oh yeah, this, discord now has a feature where someone can watch you live on your computer. It only requires that you have discord runing in background.
feature is on by default

Just nasa doing its thing.

Wtf is "discord"? I do not have this running on my Windows Server 2016 Standard.

Yes, that's quite literally what the entire service is for, and why it got funded in the first place.

>chrome
>steam
>discord

Why are you using that disgusting piece of shit?

Wait, what ? That's a joke , right ? I mean it has to be...

so wait, you want a chat client that... doesn't talk to a server to check for new messages?

>it takes 0.1mbps to check for new message
>you need to send data to the server to check for new messages
good try shekelstein

That's 12.5 kilobytes per second. It's not hard to believe it's just regular server communication. Windows is probably rounding up to 0.1 as well.

Client has to ask for the data

>thinking the task manager can display anything lower

kys lincuck

>He doesn't understand push notifications

Ressource monitor can.

Can some explain to me why browsers are so memory demanding?

I told you, get on IRC faggots!

Yeah, that's not how discord does it. It's always loading messages.

Discord dies to a loading screen if it loses connection to the server. If it was relying on pushed messages that wouldn't happen, it would just stall with whatever messages it already had loaded.

>why is a program that's constantly connected to the internet using the internet
hmmm

not op, but fagoot like op

irc is too complicated for me
also i prefer my multiplayer to be hotseat, or LAN at best so there's no use on using Discord, whatever that is, i checked and it seems to be TeamSpeak Millenials

>irc is too complicated for me
what a world we live in

>is on Sup Forums
>irc too complicated

god damn what the fuck..
isn't everyone on Sup Forums supposed to be top programmers, wizards of technology?

> Windows server 2016
Ok tryhard

no you're thinking Sup Forums from five or six years ago

these days Sup Forums is only for desktop/homescreen/battlestation threads

Earth, that's the world.

And well, i'm your everyday PC user.

I don't know how to hackz all he comput0rz or whatever the fuck. I have no intention on doing so.

I use it for work with Windows-exclusive software and for sporadic gaming (emulators to old games. The most modern one in my computer right now is Civilization IV BTS, which is from 2007, aside from Artemis SBS).

Discord has a websocket open constantly. The constant usage will likely be presence updates (large guilds generate a fuck ton of these)

>irc is too complicated for me
What the fuck? You literally only use /join, /leave, and /quit.

complicated as fuck as it once was only /j

"muh simple = easy"

yeah right

fuck off

>discord
>steam
>ms office

might aswell send them some e-mails with your passwords

my iMac looks really cool on my mahogany desk.
i have lots of Philips hues and white Xiaomi smart accessories to make it modern

hehehehehehe (U w U)
my battlestation is so cute and modern :3

>Discord just randomly decides to restart so it can force an update every few days
>Patch notes are always more emoji bullshit
God I hate this fucking program. I just wish there was an alternative that didn't look or sound like shit

irc isn't for "hackers" dipshit
just install hexchat or weebchat or whatever and connect it's as simple as discord if you're not retarded
leave my board please

>Windows Server
Nice try, but that just sounds stupid on Sup Forums. You should have said something like "Wtf is discord? That's not in the repos on my Trisquel GNU/Linux install."

send proof that you or any company under your domain owns this particular website to and i'll gladly leave

>Why is an internet chat program using internet?
Dumb NIGGER

Kys, fags.

he probably fall for switch meme